You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF what Rafa says it true(I agreed he is someone who want to be in control of alot of stuff), I think Purslow should go, if Purslow could be in charge of footballing matter(i dont think he got tt credential), i dont see why this wont happen to future manager if things dont go well.

To be fair, the English press keep asking him, he's not diverting the attention away from Inter, the English press are.

Didn't stop him from saying "I'm concentrating on coaching the team" 1 million times did it?

He could have easily swerved the questions if he wanted to. It looks to me as though he wanted to be asked those questions.

Who was responsible for replacing benitez with hodgson? It certainly wasn't kenny. Whoever made the decision actually completey disregarded his opinion. We need someone as ceo/chairman/director of football, or whatever they call themselves, that understands the game so we avoid a repeat of the roy debacle. That person is not purslow no matter how much he helped to get rid of hicks.

Didn't stop him from saying "I'm concentrating on coaching the team" 1 million times did it?

He could have easily swerved the questions if he wanted to. It looks to me as though he wanted to be asked those questions.

Maybe the best way was to just answer the questions? Ignoring them isnt going to make them go away, just more vocal. He cant win.

Maybe the best way was to just answer the questions? Ignoring them isnt going to make them go away, just more vocal. He cant win.

Oh I don't know Robbie. It is not too difficult to say "I'm not going to talk about Liverpool. I'm the manager of Inter now so I'm concentrating on that".

He has swerved questions in the past - million times. Its not a new thing for him to do again.

KD & CP still seem cosy as lice at the match though.

Wouldn't have thought Dalglish was the kind of person who'd let such a slight pass by for diplomacy's sake.

Still, when he eventually gets the job he'll be stepping into dead man's shoes, a corpse no one gives a flying fuck about.

Unlike June.

How awfully convenient.

Vermin vanquished and the return of The King. You couldn't script it better.

Oh I don't know Robbie. It is not too difficult to say "I'm not going to talk about Liverpool. I'm the manager of Inter now so I'm concentrating on that".

He has swerved questions in the past - million times. Its not a new thing for him to do again.

He's clearly fucked off with how he feels he was treated by the owners and by Purslow. It's nothing new.

KD & CP still seem cosy as lice at the match though.

Wouldn't have thought Dalglish was the kind of person who'd let such a slight pass by for diplomacy's sake.

Still, when he eventually gets the job he'll be stepping into dead man's shoes, a corpse no one gives a flying fuck about.

Unlike June.

How awfully convenient.

Vermin vanquished and the return of The King. You couldn't script it better.

Even with your alarming paranoia I'm not sure you genuinely believe that.

Yes he could have swerved the question. Having been slagged off by a fat Texan fuckwit last weekend, he was never going to miss an opportunity to stick the boot in. But he's also saying as much as he can about the situation without violating the terms of his severance with us.

Tbh i dont understand why some ppls are acting so against of whatever Rafa said. Do they really hate that man so much that if what Rafa said is true, they will still stick to purslow as our Managing Director, putting our club at risk again with future manager?

Even with your alarming paranoia I'm not sure you genuinely believe that.

I've read some stuff about Dalglish on other forums that made it quite clear if he stepped into Rafa's shoes there'd be trouble, even for the greatest man in our history.

His book and public statements have made it quite clear that he still yearns for the job. If he'd done that while Rafa was here there'd have been uproar. No one seemed too bothered when he was doing it to Hodgson.

Now the Kop is practically begging him to take over.

Like I say, quite the coincidence and hugely convenient.

Yes he could have swerved the question. Having been slagged off by a fat Texan fuckwit last weekend, he was never going to miss an opportunity to stick the boot in. But he's also saying as much as he can about the situation without violating the terms of his severance with us.

Stick it into Hicks, then.

That clearly isn't what he's done. Still, there are people who hand out 5 year contracts and people who don't.

Tbh i dont understand why some ppls are acting so against of whatever Rafa said. Do they really hate that man so much that if what Rafa said is true, they will still stick to purslow as our Managing Director, putting our club at risk again with future manager?

If you are including me in that, you are wrong my man.

I don't like Purslow, never liked him until the take over saga last week which earned him my huge respect. Still, I wouldn't shed a tear if he left today.

And Rafa - I never hated him. I wanted him gone, no doubt, as we were purely shite last season. And one of the reasons I wanted him gone for was the fact that he won't shut his mouth in public. And looks like he is doing the same, months after leaving us.

I've met a lot of people like Purslow and Benitez's side of the story hints at a situation I've seen all too often. Purslow sees the world through the textbooks he studied as a Harvard MBA. Clever, astute, thoughtful, insightful I'd imagine, but more often than not grand plans fall down when it comes to translating that strategy to reality. Then you are dealing with gradients, truths that ebb and flow, insecurities, instead of clear-cut black and white certainty. During reconstruction according to the Harvard prescribed SWOT analysis and stakeholder consultation, you invariably kick out some seemingly insignificant under-pinning which alas turns out to have been the very plank holding in abeyance a key employee's neurosis and before you know it there's a tailspin, chaos and everyone is blaming everyone else.

Heroes and villains them all.

I've read some stuff about Dalglish on other forums that made it quite clear if he stepped into Rafa's shoes there'd be trouble, even for the greatest man in our history.

His book and public statements have made it quite clear that he still yearns for the job. If he'd done that while Rafa was here there'd have been uproar. No one seemed too bothered when he was doing it to Hodgson.

Now the Kop is practically begging him to take over.

Like I say, quite the coincidence and hugely convenient.

If Rafa had been sacked with games to play the Kop would have been begging for Dalglish. The fans were begging for Dalglish as soon as Dalglish said he was interested.

If Dalglish had said he yearned for the job when any manager was here, there would have been uproar, because he'd have been undermining the manager, but he said what he said when we didn't have a manager. You'll notice when Hodgson got the job he just said yeah I wanted it but the board didn't want to appoint me, so that was that. He's not been releasing statements, no cryptic comments to the press.

I think you've gone a bit too far with the conspiracy thing.