You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

Listen, I can categorically state the Purslow didn't ''leak stories'' to Bascombe mate.

I think people have been reading too many Ruth Rendell mystery novels on here.

He told the News of the World: "If you ask me has the time for Liverpool come to look for a new manager then I have to say 'yes'."

"That is not me slating the guy because he forced me out when I didn't want to leave the club in the first place. Neither am I saying he is a bad manager. But over the last year or so the club have not move forwards, in fact they are going backwards."

"I will always be a fan. I keep in touch with a lot of people close to the club and many think the time has come for a new manager. I agree providing that process doesn't cripple the club financially in terms of pay-offs."

How does Danny Murphy know anything about Benitez' contract? This was in an interview with Bascombe..

What about the fact that Carra has argued with Collymore & Durham in the past, but then he was happy enough to go on the radio station and commentate on the world cup with them, and from then on they seemed to know the ins and outs of the Liverpool dressing room.

Quite a lot of coincidences.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree providing that process doesn't cripple the club financially in terms of pay-offs."

How does Danny Murphy know anything about Benitez' contract? This was in an interview with Bascombe..

Everyone (except maybe you) knows that if you terminate someone in the middle of their contract there will be some form of compensation, it would be an awesome point if he continued by stating the actual figure, but he did not.

Everyone (except maybe you) knows that if you terminate someone in the middle of their contract there will be some form of compensation, it would be an awesome point if he continued by stating the actual figure, but he did not.

How many people giving their opinion on whether the manager should be sacked or not, start talking about the pay off?

I'm not that bothered, I just hope Hodgson & Carragher enjoy their big, fat contracts.

Every one who is actually serious about it and its ramifications.

"It goes without saying the team have ended up relying too much on Torres, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher."

"Over the past two years Benitez has made too many bad decisions. History says he has won the Champions League and the FA Cup for Liverpool, although even then people can argue about the merit of those wins."

"What I do know is that after being there for this length of time the debate should no longer be about Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League or where they finish in the league but actually winning the title. And that's not going to happen again this season. So something has to change."

"People go on about how well Liverpool did last season by finishing runners up? So what? We finished second under Gerard Houllier with 80 odd points. Our team also won three big trophies in one season. So things haven't really got much better. If anything they have got worse."

No agenda here at all. I'm sure, it's perfectly normal for players from rival teams to talk about other managers like this.

IMO Danny is a guy who came up in the club and still has it in his heart. Everything he said there was said thousands of times by fans including a fair few on this site.

You are correct there is an obvious agenda on display here, but it ain't coming from Murphy.

Got the club so much in his heart that he disparages our most recent trophy wins? Despicable liitle dwarf faced cunt.

IMO Danny is a guy who came up in the club and still has it in his heart. Everything he said there was said thousands of times by fans including a fair few on this site.

You are correct there is an obvious agenda on display here, but it ain't coming from Murphy.

If Murphy doesn't have an agenda, then why was he calling for Benitez' head in January, while in October he was saying Hodgson needed time and that Dalglish had been out of the game for a long time so shouldn't get the job.

Plus when Hodgson got appointed, Murphy was going on about how it was about time Liverpool had an English manager which understood what the club was about. Funnily enough, out of our last 3 managers, it's the English one that doesn't understand what the club is about.

If Murphy doesn't have an agenda, then why was he calling for Benitez' head in January, while in October he was saying Hodgson needed time and that Dalglish had been out of the game for a long time so shouldn't get the job.

Plus when Hodgson got appointed, Murphy was going on about how it was about time Liverpool had an English manager which understood what the club was about. Funnily enough, out of our last 3 managers, it's the English one that seems to not understand what the club is about.

Nasty foreigner syndrome.

Plus when Hodgson got appointed, Murphy was going on about how it was about time Liverpool had an English manager which understood what the club was about. Funnily enough, out of our last 3 managers, it's the English one that doesn't understand what the club is about.

Danny has an opinion, just like I do.

You have an agenda which you are trying to support with others opinions.

Is correct. Another reason why those who toss the around the "Carra: defo future Libpool boss defo lad" view might be advised to rein it in a tad.

Maybe Purslow's list wasn't long enough. When you have mediocre players in your first eleven it's no surprise that your team is mid-table, which is where we have spent the last two seasons.

Has to be said, the only player on that list I would have even thought twice about retaining is Lucas. The rest - and many others like Skrtel, Agger, Kuyt, Johnson even - have shown that they are not consistently good enough to play for anything but a mid-to-low table Premiership team.

Mind you, I wish Roy would stop getting confused: one week we're "massively" overstaffed; the next we're "very short" in certain areas. which is it to be, Roy, or does it just depend on the last result?

Hodgson's comments demonstrate just how much Purslow interfered with on-the-pitch matters, including the departure of Rafa and recruiting this idiot.

You can just imagine what this is doing in the dressing room. As for Roy, what was he thinking? What is the possible benefit of airing these negative comments in public? LFC does its business quietly. Poor form gets fixed behind closed doors, not in sound bites on TV.