You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to the new board to say, but people thinking he has gone/sacked could not be a million miles further away from the truth. I know how much NESV think of him and Ian Ayre.

As long as he's kept well away from the dressing room and well away from football matters then because he's been an unmitigated disaster on that front.

So basically, Purslow has been sacked but in a nice way. I'm liking these guys.

Todays news come as no surprise as to anyone with a brain.

Whilst I'm grateful for Broughton, Purslow and Ayers actions last week,it proved beyond a shadow of doubt that Ayers, and only Ayers was appointed by H&G

Ayers was the only one of the three to put his job on the line because he was the only one to be employed by them the owners.

So to all the Gobshites you where willing to give Christy a "Nosh" on the Town Hall steps,he was only doing what RBS employed him to do,look after their investment which coincidentally benefited Liverpool

He did, however, step down from his post at Anfield on Wednesday and Benitez could not resist the opportunity to have a cheeky swipe at his former employers.

"It was me yesterday talking about milk," he smiled when asked about Purslow's departure.

Did he really say that?

Thanks to Purslow for his part in the leaving of Liverpool by the tumours.

Good work.

As for football decisions I guarentee the new owners will have sat down and said

'Right, this Hodgson guy, what's he ever won?'.

'Erm, he won the Swedish league in the 70's'.

'Right, and this is the most successful club in British football history yeah?'

'Erm, yes, that's correct'.

'And we have more European cups than almost any other team in Europe, yeah?'

'Yes'.

'And we're in the bottom three, could be bottom before we play again. We lost at home to Blackpool and Northampton with abject displays of negative bullshit football and made our worst start for 50 odd years?'

'That's right boss'.

'So why do we have this guy as our manager?'

'Erm, not sure. Do you have 3 million spare?'

'Let me get my chequebook'.

the point I'm trying to make is that he would be far better equipped to contribute to the sort of footballing decisions a CEO would normally get involved in that the average blert on an internet site.

People need to ask themselves what the role of a CEO is, which areas they believe Purslow lacks experience or know-how in, and who these people are they believe are better .

As an average blert, yourself, despite your silly posturings, you should know.

• 1 month later...
so he's no longer MD. A good decision, given the turmoil on here. Who's the next scapegoat? Oh, I almost forgot the Owl in the room there.

Looks like people who thought he was an interfering scumbag were right.

The hypocrisy in the coming days should be amusing. Roy's biggest supporters are the ones who abuse Rafa for talking about Purslow.

I also wonder if there will be apologies to people on here who were met with a string of abuse for daring to suggest Purslow might not be perfect.

Looks like people who thought he was an interfering scumbag were right.

The hypocrisy in the coming days should be amusing. Roy's biggest supporters are the ones who abuse Rafa for talking about Purslow.

I also wonder if there will be apologies to people on here who were met with a string of abuse for daring to suggest Purslow might not be perfect.

It was up to the other people to prove he was all of the above, which it needed your despised Roy to make light of.

I couldn't care less what Purslow did or didn't do. He was part of a tryst which ensured Hicks and Gillett are no more here. That is more than good enough for me thanks all the same.

And how about the ones who didn't buy all the Purslow is the Devil stories who were met with abuse? Will they be apologized to?

Thought not.

Apologised to for what? Even Hodgson has confirmed he's a twat!

By the way, will you be criticising Hodgson for bringing Purslow up today? Only you criticised Benitez everytime he did the same, then again you'll probably just change your tune again, like last season where 7th was horrendous and seemingly this season 8th is absolutely awesome.

It was up to the other people to prove he was all of the above, which it needed your despised Roy to make light of.

I couldn't care less what Purslow did or didn't do. He was part of a tryst which ensured Hicks and Gillett are no more here. That is more than good enough for me thanks all the same.

He only sided with Broughton because he knew the cancers were on a sinking ship, he was still feeding stories to Bascombe about the whole £15m + sales for transfers after Hodgson got appointed, the only reason Purslow sided with Broughton was because it was his only chance of staying at the club and cosying up to the players and manager. Now he doesn't need to be here, as he's in Hodgson's good books because he gave him a job that he should'nt have, and he's friends Gerrard & Carra because they didn't want Benitez anymore and he got rid of him, and got a nice little manager who gave Carra a 2 year contract and plays Gerrard in his favourite position.

Apologised to for what? Even Hodgson has confirmed he's a twat!

By the way, will you be criticising Hodgson for bringing Purslow up today? Only you criticised Benitez everytime he did the same, then again you'll probably just change your tune again, like last season where 7th was horrendous and seemingly this season 8th is absolutely awesome.

Yeah I will criticise Roy for mentioning Purslow, he would have been best to say nothing. Everything is black and white with you isn't it. Purslow isn't Roy's immediate boss at the club though the last time I checked.

7th was horrendous after 6 years in charge and losing 19 games in a season. 8th after 16 games of a new managers reign isn't great either. See, not so black and white is it?

I bet it galls you that Purslow was part of the reason G&H aren't here anymore. Quite sad.

He only sided with Broughton because he knew the cancers were on a sinking ship, he was still feeding stories to Bascombe about the whole £15m + sales for transfers after Hodgson got appointed, the only reason Purslow sided with Broughton was because it was his only chance of staying at the club and cosying up to the players and manager. Now he doesn't need to be here, as he's in Hodgson's good books because he gave him a job that he should'nt have, and he's friends Gerrard & Carra because they didn't want Benitez anymore and he got rid of him, and got a nice little manager who gave Carra a 2 year contract and plays Gerrard in his favourite position.

Listen, I can categorically state the Purslow didn't ''leak stories'' to Bascombe mate.

I think people have been reading too many Ruth Rendell mystery novels on here.