You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was hardly a smear campaign. A few were pissed off he sacked Rafa. More had doubts about his ability to be involved in footballing matters. He got associated with the owners and it's not hard to see why, considering his peddling of the party line in terms of spending and covering his arse with the SOS minutes.

He did a good thing getting rid of the owners, no doubt. But he wasn't cut out to be involved in footballing decisions, and that's been reflected in this move.

As opposed to 'removal', and certainly not "a few" either.

"We are delighted Christian has accepted our offer to help us and the Club, given his great experience and love for Liverpool FC"

The shit will still go on.

As opposed to 'removal', and certainly not "a few" either.

"We are delighted Christian has accepted our offer to help us and the Club, given his great experience and love for Liverpool FC"

The shit will still go on.

Needed to go 'upstairs' from his current position. I am made up, if we get his so called business 'acumen' without the footy interference then I am all for it.

The owners are listening as far as I can see they have been as good as their word, one change remaining but they seem on course.

He did not oppose Broughton's work in ridding us of our previous owners (god, that still feels good) and for that he should be applauded.

Regardless of his role or otherwise in the departure the last manager and the arrival of the current one, I prefer it when our non-playing staff are not mugging it up in TV interviews. I also prefer it when they don't treat us like idiots and try to make out that there had been no reduction in transfer spending, when clearly there had been.

Needed to go 'upstairs' from his current position. I am made up, if we get his so called business 'acumen' without the footy interference then I am all for it.

The owners are listening as far as I can see they have been as good as their word, one change remaining but they seem on course.

Yeah, fair enough. Could really have done with a complete break if he was going at all.

Advisory capacity? Hmmm.

"So, Christian, there's quite a bit of clamour about bringing this Roffa guy back, any views?"

And the wheel keeps right on turning.

Arsenal fans weren't fussed with Edelman either.

Trouble is, these people never are popular - why would they be? - so we've no real way of gauging who's best for us.

Popularity is not necessarily any indication of quality as the whole Hodgson debacle has proven. Loads of people I know bought into the media hype because he was their darling boy after the Europa League run and LMA award.

I think we can gauge who's best for us on the basis of results. If you look at the way Arsenal have done their business over the last ten years, he doesn't seem like a bad appointment at all. At the very least, he has much more experience than Purslow within the industry, and at a (reasonably) successful club, and therefore I daresay he's a more suitable appointment.

edit: presuming, of course, the Edelman rumours are substantiated.

To quote a lad on RAWK:

When was Purslow on OUR side.

1. When he fiddled the SOS minutes

2. When he told bare faced lies about the transfer budget including wages

3. When the manager was telling Alonso that we wanted him to stay and how much the fans loved him and Purslow was trying to swap him for Van De Vaart.

4. When he held his tunnel press conferences with journalist's

5. When he briefed Maddocks and orchestrated a media campaign to remove the manager.

6. When he stopped talking to Mascherano when a deal was agreed

7. When he pulled out of a free deal to sign Chamakh, when the player and his agent had agreed to join.

8. When he started talking to Hodgson in January about replacing Benitez.

9. When he started moves to sell Insua.

10, When he tried to silence RAWK with legal action over something that was freely available in the public Domain.

11. When he started negotiations to bring in Joe Cole without the managers knowledge.

12. When he knifed Benitez in the back when he was on holiday and Carra and Gerrard where safely tucked away on a plane to South Africa.

13. When he allowed Kenny to be used to legitimise a managerial selection process even though as Hodgson freely admits he had been talking to Liverpool for months.

14. When he Allowed Kenny to pitch for a Gig that had already been filled.

15. When he Negotiated a deal with Rhone that would of allowed Hicks and Gillet to stay indefinitely and totally dismantle and destroy our Club.

Purslow was appointed and worked for Hicks and Gillet, he helped them destroy our Club and the sooner we see the back of the lying deceitful snake the better.

Now obviously i don't have a clue how much of this is true and there's holes to be picked in some of them but there's a lot of them i can see certaintly happened. I'm pretty sure he decided to get rid of Insua and brought in Cole which i think is just a ridiculous thing for a businessman to be taking football decisions. He also took down a picture of Istanbul in Melwood, so he's clearly making decisions within the club which he should be nowhere near doing.

I don't trust the guy at all, fair enough he was involved in the takeover last week so as a businessman he done his job really well although i think we all know Broughton was the brains there.

I hope he leaves with the board shakeup as it's obvious the club has no structure especially with the new setup Purlsow installed during the Summer.

Yeah you can be pissed off with Rafa for the interview but i think it's something that needs to be addressed within the club at the moment.

I strongly disagree with the Insua and Aqua loans, I did however like the Cole and Meireles signings.... I agree that he had no business getting involved in football decisions, as I personnally think a football director and the manager should take those decisions..... However with Roy being the manager I don't trust him making any decisions at all(!), and for all his faults CP's biggest football related mistake was hiring RH in first place...

Hopefully a new CEO comes in quickly, becuse RH needs retirement and somebody must make a reservation at the nearest nursing home ASAP

Yeah, fair enough. Could really have done with a complete break if he was going at all.

Advisory capacity? Hmmm.

"So, Christian, there's quite a bit of clamour about bringing this Roffa guy back, any views?"

And the wheel keeps right on turning.

I have no problems with him in the right capacity, ie in the boardroom dealing with finance shit. If they take him away from the football side I have no issues at all. Obviosuly it depends on what he's advising on but for me it s arefreshing sign that perhaps the owners are listening to the fans. Rafa won't be back for some time anyway if at all so that's hardly an issue.

Most people will be happy as he did his bit with H and G and deserves credit. I've been his bigggest critic on here even when that was going on and can honestly say I couldn't be happier, they are keeping him on, not indefinately perhaps but time will tell, ideally we won't hear much from him anyway. Even if he'd prefer to be in the limelight himself.

Popularity is not necessarily any indication of quality as the whole Hodgson debacle has proven. Loads of people I know bought into the media hype because he was their darling boy after the Europa League run and LMA award.

I think we can gauge who's best for us on the basis of results. If you look at the way Arsenal have done their business over the last ten years, he doesn't seem like a bad appointment at all. At the very least, he has much more experience than Purslow within the industry, and at a (reasonably) successful club, and therefore I daresay he's a more suitable appointment.

edit: presuming, of course, the Edelman rumours are substantiated.

True. I'm not an advocate of Shanks' 'just there to sign cheques' theory, but they shouldn't be elevated to any real degree despite their importance.

Good move for all. He did well in playing his part to oust G&H. But there are obviously question marks over him for getting too involved on the footballing side of things, as that is not his forte. He comes across as a well meaning fan, but that's not enough as he is not a football man.

A non-exec role would be good. It means he is not so hands on, but is rewarded for what he did in helping to get rid of G&H.

I think Ayre should stay in his role as he has been doing really well with that.