You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.

Owners meet the fans.

Rafa attacks Purslow in the press.

Purslow resigns.

All in the space of three days.

I'm not saying anything, but if it's white and it's bottled up, it must be milk. No?

Are you suggesting that rafa has influenced the actions of nesv? Not very likely is it? He is right about purslow, however, and it would appear that nesv have reached the same conclusion. The appointment of the ceo is key to the future of the club and we have to get the right man in. Please let it be someone with football experience as the next manager has to be a good one.

So a real non footballing entity is to be special advisor to the owners of a football club.

Wonder how loyal he will be to his appointment as Liverpool manager?

Way too lucky is Purslow. Hope he gets a real come uppance.

And please - how difficult is it to sell to an eager buyer?

To be honest, as long as we have the best people possible, and assuming there isn't something obviously unacceptable about them, I don't care who comes or goes. These new owners have a track record of massively increasing the commercial income of the Red Sox and so I assume they'd have someone in mind in that regard. They'll also want a proven football executive who knows this sport that is largely so alien to them; the Arsenal model seems to be pretty close to the one we want to adopt so why not hire the man who implemented it?

As for Purslow, I never bought into the whole anti-Christ thing about him and I think he showed his true Red credentials during the take-over saga. That said, I won't be especially arsed if he goes either as there's no way he's the best qualified man to run a top club; he's only been at it for a year or so, after all.

That's a way too simplistic way of viewing it. For instance, if we didn't have to service the debt and had spent that or some of it on transfers I doubt we'd be 19th. That said, he removed a good manager and replaced him with mediocrity at large expense to the club and my sanity.

My sentiments exactly!.

apparently Ian Ayre offered his resignation yesterday but it was declined and he was told he had a big future at the club.

Makes you wonder if the owners asked the directors to justify the decision to give Hodgson the job and if there about to offer me a job at the club.

Clearly something's gone on at a few levels at the club in the last week. Maybe we will find out at some point. Maybe not........

Pleased with that actually after thinking about it properly. He was a business man and excelled at getting the owners out. He's made some poor footballing decisions though in regards to Hodgson so I'm hoping we get a proper footballing man in.

What he said.

Nice timing by Rafa yesterday - it now looks like he put the final nail in Purslow's coffin. However, I don't think it was a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc. Any reasonably sharp businessman would understand that Purslow was a liability now that the club has funding, just as he was a failure at finding funding when it hadn't any. I'm also sure his disloyalty to his former employers did not go unnoticed by the new owners even though they benefited from that disloyalty.

I notice that his consulting job dressed up as non-executive, non-voting director is only temporary. He will be phased out completely when the new owners have their own men (or women) in place.

The contrast with Ian is noticeable. He offered his resignation - he was on a contract whereby Purslow was not. But his resignation was refused. Clearly Ian is the one who has most improved the club's finances and for that we have H&G to thank.

Hopefully the new owners will continue along the right path and find a way to bring Rafa back.

Edited by diego

Glad he's gone. Looks like he made a lot of fuck-ups before the court case, then managed to right a lot of that by helping get rid of the owners. Seems like he's about balanced things out, and by staying longer he might've had problems again and tarnished that.

I thought he was a complete twat at first, now I'm more or less neutral to him, but with respect for what he did in helping get those clowns out of the club. Thanks for what you did at the end Mr Purslow.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Why hasn't Roy offered to resign?

Serious question.

Who said he hasn't? Word is, on da streetz, he'll be gone after the weekend.

Guest PurpleNose
But it'll be such a sad day for football.

Well it will be for fans of every single club other than ours.

Admittedly the odd team in Andorra might be panicking a bit.