You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Purslow keep his job under the new regime?

myrlas

I just don't trust Purslow.

I don't know why, he just seems slimey and would stab you in the back if it would help himself. I might be totally wrong, however Rafa must have some reason to clearly not like the guy.

For me Joe Januszewski should be our Chief Exec. He loves the club, looks passionate, is very likeable and is part of this new era.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I just mentioned on another thread, he was appointed to the board by RBS...there was no personal risk involved, he was doing exactly as his RBS remit commanded.

All part of the comb-over. Of course there was no risk. The old braggart is on record as saying, "I'm so rich, I don't need this job, I'm doing it for LOVE!"

All part of the comb-over. Of course there was no risk. The old braggart is on record as saying, "I'm so rich, I don't need this job, I'm doing it for LOVE!"

He still took more than a million for doing the job that any accountant could have done. Broughton had to be brought in because Purslow was not credible. Then Purslow just followed what Broughton told him and Broughton followed the orders from the RBS.

Hicks was right that Purslow was his employee on very good "compensation" and was also seeking to double his salary in bonuses. Hick was also right that Purslow stabbed his employer in the back when he saw which way the wind was blowing.

I am happy that the club was sold and don't really care about the injustices suffered by G&H - if any - but Hicks was right that it was a conspiracy. I wouldn't trust Purslow as far as I could throw him.

It frustrates me that this seems to be being treated as another black-and-white issue of factions. Anti-Benitez segments support Purslow; therefore Benitez advocates are Anti-Purslow.

I don't think that's the issue at all. Purslow and Benitez blatantly didn't get on - fine, let's get that out of the way. It's also obvious that Purslow wasn't completely responsible for the failures of last season; what part he played is indeterminable, but most sane people won't agree that he was the change that caused the beginning of our decline.

In fact, lets even put to one side the rumours that he leaked things to Bascombe to undermine Rafa's position. I don't think that's ethical business practise, but if you're of the opinion that getting rid of Benitez was best for the club - as many are - I can see why you wouldn't be bothered about it, and may even think it was commendable.

Brushing all that to one side, what has he done in his career that makes people think he ought to be in charge of negotiating player contracts or deciding on staff? It's absolute madness. Putting all of his arguably unscrupulous behaviour to one side, the SOS minutes and the positive spend malarkey, where are his credentials for the position? It was clear in what Roy said in the summer that Purslow was in charge of transfers -- but he was only originally brought in to attract investment. He has nothing whatsoever on his C.V to suggest that he's capable of fulfilling that role.

For those who want him to stay: can I ask what you think he brings to the role in the long term, both in terms of credentials and what's done so far, and what evidence you think is in support of this?

Excellent post!

And milk bottles.

And the evil Spaniard in top hat, waxing his moustache as he gloats over the misery of the humble, but honest scousers he sacked from the Academy staff, not to mention the exchange of brown paper bags in motorway restaurants which explains his purchases of under-par foreigners.

To quote a lad on RAWK:

When was Purslow on OUR side.

1. When he fiddled the SOS minutes

2. When he told bare faced lies about the transfer budget including wages

3. When the manager was telling Alonso that we wanted him to stay and how much the fans loved him and Purslow was trying to swap him for Van De Vaart.

4. When he held his tunnel press conferences with journalist's

5. When he briefed Maddocks and orchestrated a media campaign to remove the manager.

6. When he stopped talking to Mascherano when a deal was agreed

7. When he pulled out of a free deal to sign Chamakh, when the player and his agent had agreed to join.

8. When he started talking to Hodgson in January about replacing Benitez.

9. When he started moves to sell Insua.

10, When he tried to silence RAWK with legal action over something that was freely available in the public Domain.

11. When he started negotiations to bring in Joe Cole without the managers knowledge.

12. When he knifed Benitez in the back when he was on holiday and Carra and Gerrard where safely tucked away on a plane to South Africa.

13. When he allowed Kenny to be used to legitimise a managerial selection process even though as Hodgson freely admits he had been talking to Liverpool for months.

14. When he Allowed Kenny to pitch for a Gig that had already been filled.

15. When he Negotiated a deal with Rhone that would of allowed Hicks and Gillet to stay indefinitely and totally dismantle and destroy our Club.

Purslow was appointed and worked for Hicks and Gillet, he helped them destroy our Club and the sooner we see the back of the lying deceitful snake the better.

Now obviously i don't have a clue how much of this is true and there's holes to be picked in some of them but there's a lot of them i can see certaintly happened. I'm pretty sure he decided to get rid of Insua and brought in Cole which i think is just a ridiculous thing for a businessman to be taking football decisions. He also took down a picture of Istanbul in Melwood, so he's clearly making decisions within the club which he should be nowhere near doing.

I don't trust the guy at all, fair enough he was involved in the takeover last week so as a businessman he done his job really well although i think we all know Broughton was the brains there.

I hope he leaves with the board shakeup as it's obvious the club has no structure especially with the new setup Purlsow installed during the Summer.

Yeah you can be pissed off with Rafa for the interview but i think it's something that needs to be addressed within the club at the moment.

He also took down a picture of Istanbul in Melwood, so he's clearly making decisions within the club which he should be nowhere near doing.

I don't trust the guy at all.

I could pick holes in a few of the above points, but will settle for this one.

A replacement picture of that night was put up. The original was taken down as it featured the name of the last sponsor.

I could pick holes in a few of the above points, but will settle for this one.

A replacement picture of that night was put up. The original was taken down as it featured the name of the last sponsor.

Ha fair enough mate, i honestly never heard that.

Like i said i'd pick plenty of holes in that post as well but i think there's a lot of truth in it as well. It was also interesting that Rafa mentioned Purslow was in talks with certain players as well, there's been rumours going around way beforehand about certain players maybe having too much of a say within the club and to hear it mentioned by an ex-manager is very worrying. Maybe it's the same in most clubs but the fact is Purlows changed a lot of things within the club including transfers during the Summer possibly with some people having a word in his ear.

Ha fair enough mate, i honestly never heard that.

Well it puts pay to the idea that Purslow/board were disrespecting the achievement in Istanbul. He addresses it in his Q&A interview on .tv. It was a sponsorship issue, which is fair enough. A new mural of the night was put up immediately.

If Purslow is to stay it should be in a financial capacity. He should not be chairman. He should not be CEO/Managing Director. He could be the Chief Financial Officer.

He has done well in helping to get G&H out. But there are question marks there. For me, the only way he should stay is with a clear remit that is in keeping with his professional skill set. He should stay away from the footballing side of it. He is a fan with opinions, but that does not qualify him to go near that side of the club.

Financial role, or goodbye.

Did he comment on every issue Valencia had since he left them, from the numerous coach changes, to the need to sell David Villa to service their debt?

No? Well wtf is he commenting on all our issues for then?

As for Purslow, he has no future here now the new owners are in place. They'll want their own board in.

TBH i dont give a flying fuck who comment and what their Real Intention is, if what he/she said has truth in it and it really affect our club, then we must look into it.

Guest PurpleNose
Pleased with that actually after thinking about it properly. He was a business man and excelled at getting the owners out. He's made some poor footballing decisions though in regards to Hodgson so I'm hoping we get a proper footballing man in.

Sums it up for me.