You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS issue statement to Kop Faithful

StevieH

Kop Faithful have this afternoon received the following statement from Roger Lowry (Head of Public Affairs) at the Royal Bank of Scotland: -

"Today's judgment vindicates the actions RBS has taken to ensure that decisions concerning the future of Liverpool Football Club are made by a properly constituted Board acting in the Club's best interests. RBS has every confidence that having been put on a proper footing, the Board will now reach appropriate decisions regarding the next steps."

Kop Faithful have this afternoon received the following statement from Roger Lowry (Head of Public Affairs) at the Royal Bank of Scotland: -

"Today's judgment vindicates the actions RBS has taken to ensure that decisions concerning the future of Liverpool Football Club are made by a properly constituted Board acting in the Club's best interests. RBS has every confidence that having been put on a proper footing, the Board will now reach appropriate decisions regarding the next steps."

Well done, well done, well done!

However, RBS can't really take the moral high ground when they've been financially arse fucking the club harder than Hicks and Gillett have.

They don't need to try and take moral high ground.

True, they have fucked us in the arse financially but that is business. When it is apparent that the original amount that was lent is in danger, they have acted. And they acted with a solid QC on their side. Which is all we could have asked for really.

Going by what happened yesterday, their QC finished the court session with an argument on why a sale should happen before Friday. Which probably swung it in our favour.

RBS only acted how they did because they were worried about losing money. They didn't give a shit about Gillett and Hicks' actions when they were creaming big fat interest payments off the club. All of their actions were to protect the money that they stood to gain.

Agreed.

But why would we expect the bank to react and do something about it? We are a football club and they are a bank. Bank is a bank, they lend money and charge interests, fees and penalties. RBS didn't do anything different.

In fact, they have planned several months for today. By forcing Purslow into the board and then Broughton. And forced the cunts to give undertakings.

They have made a killing out of us but whether or not they reacted to protecting their own money, the bottom line is, they fought against the cunts, in court and we gained out of it.

Well done Steve.

That we have had a say in forcing their hand is very commendable and something we as Liverpool fans can be proud of but more importantly build upon.

Now we need to keep the pressure up on having supporter representation on any future LFC board. I for one would vote for Stevie (not the lazy footballing one), Dougie Doins, or any of the proactive boys beyond pressurising those decision makers to make the right call (and not rogan rat).

Well done to everyone involved.

However, RBS can't really take the moral high ground when they've been financially arse fucking the club harder than Hicks and Gillett have.

Aren't they writing off all those penalty fees as part of the deal with Henry?

RBS seem to have played a blinder in tying G&H up in knots six months ago and giving the Board enough rope to hang them now.

RBS have acted really reasonably, its clear to see that. They have done everything in their power to ensure they didn't go down the administration route. Yeah they made a killing with interest and shit, but that is business. The owners wanted a loan, RBS offered it on certain terms and were ultimately patient over the past year when it was clear the owners are not gonna pay it back in time.

You can't really blame RBS for anything that has happened here, they have actually done everything spot on.

Why blame RBS for interest payments? Thats standard business practice in the lending world isnt it? They did the work 6 months back by putting in iron clad contracts and getting people on the board who would stand up against G&H.

If anyone deserves to be blamed for all this its David Moores and Rick Parry, they pushed us into this hole and went away with their money. RBS though safeguarding its interests saved us big time here.

Aren't they writing off all those penalty fees as part of the deal with Henry?

RBS seem to have played a blinder in tying G&H up in knots six months ago and giving the Board enough rope to hang them now.

That's my interpretation of it too. It looks to me like the catalyst to this whole thing was the Rhone Group's rejected investment offer.

Purslow was charged with bringing in 100m. He brought the Rhone Group to the table, G&H knocked it back and the RBS used that as leverage when they renegotiated the extension. They deemed it unacceptable that G&H could turn down reasonable offers, and insisted that the board was restructured so G&H only had one vote each (along with Purslow and Ayre) and that Broughton was hired to oversee things and have the casting vote.

When that happened, G&H became powerless in the boardroom, and that led us to where ended up today. All it would have taken would have been for any one of Purslow, Ayre or Broughton to vote with them, and we were fucked.

As for the RBS, one of their top people has been in contact with Kop Faithful in recent weeks, and he basically said "Look, I can't tell you any details of what we are going to do as there are confidentiality clauses and I'd be breaking the law to talk about any of it, but we know exactly how the fans feel and we'll deal with it"

They did. The guy didn't need to even speak with KF, but he did. He returned calls, replied to texts etc and in the end they delivered. I'd have been much happier if they'd done this six months ago, but I'm not sure it would have even been possible for them to do it back then.

Football as a whole needs looking at as regards debt in the future. I agree with this thing Platini is saying and would have agreed with it even if we were still loaded up with debt to the eyeballs.

Its time the people who run the game put measures in place so no more teams go the way of Portsmouth, Leeds and many others. Its something all football supporters need to get together and discuss and put to the lazy bastards running the game.

The 'fit and proper persons test' just seems to be a lip service job to cover their own arses when shit like this happens.

It's quite clear to me that RBS and the "Englishmen" have worked together to achieve this outcome for quite some considerable length of time. Certainly NESV have been talking to the club for months and the whole end to the bidding process was quite clearly designed to press the owners up against the brick wall of Friday's deadline, allowing for all eventualities to be addressed as they arose. It seems Broughton and RBS anticipated just about every conceivable outcome and slowly but surely manoeuvred those malignant cunts into a position where they could not win.

For me, that makes today even more enjoyable. That pair of fucking chancers found out what it means to come up against the real deal in Broughton and RBS and there was only ever going to be one winner. It was so fucking sweet to see every single decision go against them in court right down to the costs and appeal decisions. The only way that judge could have leant any further in our direction was if he'd ripped off his wig and gown to reveal a Liverpool kit underneath as he gave his final judgement.

In short, what a fucking sweet day today was. Even if they try and play more shitty games, it's clear that there's no way back for them. And thank fuck for that. Tom Hicks is one odious fucking turd and I hope this decision precipitates the collapse of his entire business "empire" around his feet.

Bizarrely, today has been a great day to be a Red even though I wish none of it had ever been necessary. Now, how the fuck do we hold these new owners to account?

Well done Steve.

That we have had a say in forcing their hand is very commendable and something we as Liverpool fans can be proud of but more importantly build upon.

Now we need to keep the pressure up on having supporter representation on any future LFC board. I for one would vote for Stevie (not the lazy footballing one), Dougie Doins, or any of the proactive boys beyond pressurising those decision makers to make the right call (and not rogan rat).

Well done to everyone involved.

Dougie Doins (Mick) would be my choice as a supporters representative. Local fan, articulate, innovative and someone who has carried out a lot of work behind the scenes.

That's my interpretation of it too. It looks to me like the catalyst to this whole thing was the Rhone Group's rejected investment offer.

Purslow was charged with bringing in 100m. He brought the Rhone Group to the table, G&H knocked it back and the RBS used that as leverage when they renegotiated the extension. They deemed it unacceptable that G&H could turn down reasonable offers, and insisted that the board was restructured so G&H only had one vote each (along with Purslow and Ayre) and that Broughton was hired to oversee things and have the casting vote.

When that happened, G&H became powerless in the boardroom, and that led us to where ended up today. All it would have taken would have been for any one of Purslow, Ayre or Broughton to vote with them, and we were fucked.

As for the RBS, one of their top people has been in contact with Kop Faithful in recent weeks, and he basically said "Look, I can't tell you any details of what we are going to do as there are confidentiality clauses and I'd be breaking the law to talk about any of it, but we know exactly how the fans feel and we'll deal with it"

They did. The guy didn't need to even speak with KF, but he did. He returned calls, replied to texts etc and in the end they delivered. I'd have been much happier if they'd done this six months ago, but I'm not sure it would have even been possible for them to do it back then.

All that sounds about right to me. Six months ago RBS had the choice of putting us into administration or tying G&H into a sale process which they could only escape by refinancing (which the finance market wouldn't let them do). Well played RBS, Broughters and Grabbo.