You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people saying he's bidding late, he has been involved in the bidding for as long as the NESV have and was the preferred option for a long time? Idiots the lot of you.

I'm with dennis. You fucking idiots.

Putting a bid in after one's already been accepted isn't late is it? You fucking idiots.

Mongs. It's a dream come true for me and dennis that Liverpool might finally be owned by a United fan so fuck off right? Me and dennis can put tribal rivalry and the correct usage of question marks to one side because this is important right.

You fucking etc..

You lot are all idiots, how is he a stooge, he's bigger than Hicks, he wouldn't wipe his arse with him and if he did he wouldn't touch the sides.

Bad mongs on here, he was bidding originally with NESV, he panics cos after being the preferred bidder and comes out in the open to try and have a last throw of the dice, he's not colluding with Hicks at all, Hicks has pointed to it and said that along with other bids hasn't been properly considered. Keep cheerleading for more American mong owners you lot it's all you deserve, tribal idiots.

Dennis, I don't understand why you're getting so abusive over this. Is it because you don't like Americans, because you love Chinese, or because you have some information or theory you'd like to share with us?

Dennis, I don't understand why you're getting so abusive over this. Is it because you don't like Americans, because you love Chinese, or because you have some information or theory you'd like to share with us?

Or you're not a Liverpool fan and it's fun trolling.

Channel NewsAsia - Peter Lim urges fair process in Liverpool FC bid - channelnewsasia.com

Singapore News

Peter Lim urges fair process in Liverpool FC bid

Posted: 13 October 2010 2129 hrs

Peter Lim (Forbes picture)

Photos 1 of 1

Peter Lim (Forbes picture)

Related News

• Football: Court clears way for Liverpool sale

• Peter Lim still in with a chance of owning the Reds: local experts

• Peter Lim makes cash bid for Liverpool

SINGAPORE - Singapore billionaire Peter Lim on Wednesday called for a "fair process" in the bid for Liverpool as he welcomed London's High Court decision clearing the way for the sale of the English football giant.

The businessman, who this week made an improved offer of 320 million pounds (507 million US dollars) plus 40 million pounds for investment in players, said he hoped Liverpool's board would consider all bids when it convened later in the day.

Mr Lim's offer is up against the 300-million-pound bid tabled by US-based New England Sports Ventures (NESV), the owners of baseball's Boston Red Sox.

"I hope that when the board is reconstituted tonight that it will not simply ratify a sale to NESV but will consider all the offers before them," Mr Lim said in a statement.

"I am asking the board to run a full and fair process that enables all of the offers to be considered on their merits before the future of the club is decided," he added.

Welcoming the court's decision, Mr Lim said: "The way is now clear for the board to sell the club. I have delivered my offer to the board and believe that my ownership represents the best option for the future of the club and its supporters."

Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks on Wednesday lost a legal bid to block the sale of the club after London's High Court granted injunctions brought by the club's major creditors.

Justice Christopher Floyd rejected Hicks and Gillett's request to halt sale negotiations.

Hicks and Gillett, who took over the club in 2007, claimed that the English members of Liverpool's board -- chairman Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre -- had not acted in the best interests of the club.

Broughton said a board meeting would be held later Wednesday but refused to confirm the board would formally rubber-stamp the sale to NESV.