You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too worried now. I don't think it is quite over yet but as far as I can see the only way hicks will get any money is by suing. Even if he is successful, which I doubt, it won't be coming from the coffers of the club or the new owners, it will be from the directors' insurance.

I am sat at the airport, deinking a beer, waiting for my flight to London to see my Mum, Dad, sisters and omtheir kids including the new one that is only a couple of weeks old. My dad is 70 on Monday and we are going to hang out together for the first time in years and then watch the derby on Sunday. I feel pretty fucking good.

I hope you have a boss weekend. It'll mean we probably all will.

I stuck a few quid on Broughtons Dream in the 3.30 at Brighton today, I normally try and bet with my head and not my heart. It won at 20/1, what an omen.

Did the same, backed it at SP when it was 10/1 and got £80 back. Kudos to MB

Unless C&A have got Hugh Massingbird QC on the case, it'll all be over soon

Remember butch Oscar?

Anyway on topic as I haven't been able to get online any news from Texas yet? Less excited than I was last night when I went to bed a happy bunny to then wake up this morning and see we are still fighting the shits.

I'm not too worried now. I don't think it is quite over yet but as far as I can see the only way hicks will get any money is by suing. Even if he is successful, which I doubt, it won't be coming from the coffers of the club or the new owners, it will be from the directors' insurance.

I am sat at the airport, deinking a beer, waiting for my flight to London to see my Mum, Dad, sisters and omtheir kids including the new one that is only a couple of weeks old. My dad is 70 on Monday and we are going to hang out together for the first time in years and then watch the derby on Sunday. I feel pretty fucking good.

Skål!

Hope you have a good one RiS.

Remember butch Oscar?

Anyway on topic as I haven't been able to get online any news from Texas yet? Less excited than I was last night when I went to bed a happy bunny to then wake up this morning and see we are still fighting the shits.

Heavyweight Champion of the World and author of the best selling pamphlet 'Why I Like To Do It With Girls' you mean?

7.56pm:Last little update for now. Gillett is in London consulting with his lawyers. May be nothing left to consult about. We'll see, tweets Bloomberg's Tariq Panja.

I've also been alerted to this article by Jason Cuthbert and Gary Thomas. It's a blog from the Dallas Observer which says Hicks and Gillet have failed a contempt of court motion in Dallas against the Liverpool board for violating last night's restraining order. Full article here.

7.56pm:Last little update for now. Gillett is in London consulting with his lawyers. May be nothing left to consult about. We'll see, tweets Bloomberg's Tariq Panja.

I've also been alerted to this article by Jason Cuthbert and Gary Thomas. It's a blog from the Dallas Observer which says Hicks and Gillet have failed a contempt of court motion in Dallas against the Liverpool board for violating last night's restraining order. Full article here.

No linky

20:00 – Looks like we could be in for a late night, Hicks & Gillett will not set foot out of that boardroom until they have exhausted every option available to them. Reports suggest they are donning head scarves and false beards in an attempt to launch a new bid for the club masquerading as Arab billionaires. Well, they’ve tried everything else.

That's ace.

20:00 – Looks like we could be in for a late night, Hicks & Gillett will not set foot out of that boardroom until they have exhausted every option available to them. Reports suggest they are donning head scarves and false beards in an attempt to launch a new bid for the club masquerading as Arab billionaires. Well, they’ve tried everything else.

Live: Dallas Court Hearing Scheduled for 7pm Tonight | Kopsource