You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Benitez at Liverpool again?

RafaLaBamba

Would you ever consider having Rafa back?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever consider having Rafa back?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right John and thats why we werent that good last year, we never replaced Alonso, Keane properly, due to bad performance in the transfer market and then the Keane money apparently went missing. We bought Lucas for 5 Million so Id say we would make a profit on him and Id say we'd make a profit or Kuyt aswell. We were never going to make a profit on Johnson and Babel is just a waste of space so no, he wont either. We did make a profit on Riise, Bought for 4 Million, sold for 5. Although, you're right he didnt sign him.

And yes Id take some of them players back but only because we are desperate and we have no back up. If we had any decent amount of money then we shouldnt be going anywhere near them.

I would happily take the likes of Crouch and Bellamy back here all day long Rob to be honest. Ask Van der Vaart what he thinks of Crouchies contribution to his game so far at Spurs for instance.

I really can't see us making a profit on a near 31 year old Dirk to be honest Rob should Roy (or whoever) decide to cash in at some point. We would probably make a profit on Lucas but that is just inflation of the market rather than down to his actual performances for us and the fact he is somehow a Brazilian international now will whack his price up a bit.

It is great making a profit on the likes of Arbeloa if someone as good as him comes in but now we look short at right back and he spent the bulk of his replacement money on a player who is a liability at present. Give me the more steady, solid Arbeloa any day of the week.

Babel is the most infuriating as he should be a player. I don't know anybody (except liars) who didn't think he was a boss signing at the time, particularly as Arsenal were down to sign him for months.

I particularly like all those saying "no, never" etc. My problem is this..... if Rafa was so bad, and the reason we went backwards last year, how come we are going further backwards, more quickly this season?

You see, if an organisation has a problem, they remove the cause and the problem recedes. Our problems are still there and getting worse. So either a) we didn't remove the problem; or b) we didn't remove the problem.

Fuck sake, its not difficult to see what the real problem was/is and continues to be.

One of the problems with Rafa was that supportive meant obedient. There was a system that was working at Valencia and he felt himself constricted by it and did not regard it as supportive'.

Always in these arguments there is the key question; which Rafa do you think we're getting back?

That's why he was, is and will remain a hugely divisive figure.

I think Rafa may have realized that at the level of investment from Cancer and Aids, it wasn't just going to cut it anymore. 08-09 was a great season but we've developed weaknesses in the team and just the general malaise around the club since last season - all the while the 'big four' we've been booted out of in the PL have kept on investing.

I think what is more likely, if we get a new stadium or huge redevelopment of Anfield / 'Anfield Plaza', that we will go down the Arsenal business model of *gasp* making a profit and building on that with modestly generous transfer budgets.

Why on earth would we ever want him back, we saw that with terrible backing and no support from the owners he won us a champs league, got us to another final and got us closer wo winning the title then we have been since we last won it, not to mention a fa cup aswell,what makes us think that with proper backing he could do better then the old fella we have now?

Rafa is one of the top managers in the world right now and knows all about the club and fans, he is the ideal choice if we could get decent owners in, I miss the days of being one of the top clubs in europe under rafa when teams dreaded coming to anfield on a european night, the sooner hes back the better.

I voted for yes I never wanted him to gone and he'd be my 1st choice if Roy's to leave for whatever reason (still think he deserves his chance) im amazed at the results considering how anti Rafa this forum was last season, must be a case of those who shout the loudest etc.

I voted for yes I never wanted him to gone and he'd be my 1st choice if Roy's to leave for whatever reason (still think he deserves his chance) im amazed at the results considering how anti Rafa this forum was last season, must be a case of those who shout the loudest etc.

Emptiest vessels etc etc

Bottom line is he's not coming back. Anyone still crying over him is wasting there fucking time. He's history and now shacked up with a fitter, wealthier Italian.

Its not the bottom line really mate, he could end up back here one day I certainly wouldn't rule it out considering the interview I read about Liverpool being his home etc, stranger things have happend in football!

Its not the bottom line really mate, he could end up back here one day I certainly wouldn't rule it out considering the interview I read about Liverpool being his home etc, stranger things have happend in football!

Not a hope in hell & thank fuck for that as well. He can say what he wants in interviews but I bet he wouldn't look back twice. Even he surely knows the english league beat him.

For all the love-struck out there, there is hope, after all, Robbie Williams ended up back in Take That when it looked a million miles off at one point.

Fall outs with colleagues, back-stabbing amongst colleagues, to be fair to Rafa though he wasn't a depressed drug-taking twat like Williams.

For all the love-struck out there, there is hope, after all, Robbie Williams ended up back in Take That when it looked a million miles off at one point.

Fall outs with colleagues, back-stabbing amongst colleagues, to be fair to Rafa though he wasn't a depressed drug-taking twat like Williams.

Do you know that for sure though?

Do you know that for sure though?

I would probably love Rafa more if he was like that.

I'll be honest, give me the Rafa who had it nailed, admittedly a little too late, in those final 10-12 in the 08-09 season with the right board, no Macia, Pako at his side.

I would take him back and like him to finish the job, but romanticising about him now is not the best thing.

He's at Inter, we've got Roy, it's just a chapter that was written with no possible twist.

With Kenny though, it's just needing that right person to steady the ship and galvanise the whole Liverpool Club Family, and thats tea lady, right through to us the fans. I don't think that is being romantic either.

Even if he finished 6th or managed to get 4th, it wouldn't matter because he would have made the people smile. And that is what is needed, fucking big time.

Bringing Rafa back or keeping Roy will not get you that.

Once the ownership has been sorted, with the fanbase potentially happy off the pitch, on the pitch needs to match that high, hand in hand, no compromising.

I think Roy's big test is about to get much, much harder.

Guest PurpleNose
Yes I must, I must increase my bust.

Hurrah, hurrah for a bigger bra.

If it isn't Humpty Numpty sitting on top of a collapsing wall like some clueless egg cunt.

With Kenny though, it's just needing that right person to steady the ship and galvanise the whole Liverpool Club Family, and thats tea lady, right through to us the fans. I don't think that is being romantic either.

Even if he finished 6th or managed to get 4th, .

That is naively romantic imho. Thing is, what if Kenny didn't get 6'th with everyone smiling, what if he nailed on 13th playing not much better than we have been (which tbh is more likely), then what?