You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Benitez at Liverpool again?

RafaLaBamba

Would you ever consider having Rafa back?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever consider having Rafa back?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I want a winner.

Who Fergie, Mourinho? They're gonna come here aren't they and not with G&H hog-tying them like they did to Rafa?

To the question, Absolutely definately he was the best manager we have had since Kenny and currently at the European Champions who obviously must like losers like Rafa!

I'd rather have him than Hodgson, but I agree that we need a change of philosophy on the pitch & I want a younger, more attack-minded coach like Pellegrini , Rijkaard or even a Martinez/Coyle type manager with Kenny as DoF.

The slightly superior tone of some of the posts is a bit rich however , as the vast majority of people outside LFC would laugh & wonder why Benitez would consider such a major downgrade at the moment.

EDIT TO MY POST ABOVE

My heart says 'fuck yeah', my head agrees with those who have said maybe in a few years.

I love Rafa, always have, always will. I think the treatment he got whilst he was here from some of our fans and especially the media was a fucking disgrace, quite frankly, and verged on xenophobic at times. He made mistakes, some of which led to him being 'mutually consented', but the man also restored us as one of the most feared teams in the country and, dare I say it, the world.

Now, after he has gone, people try to piss all over his legacy, but I'll never forget Istanbul, Cardiff or the fact that he broke the club record for the Premier League points total and then broke his own record. I'll never forget Alonso, Mascherano, Reina or the other great players he signed and gave me the pleasure of seeing in a red shirt. I'll never forget the wins in the San Siro, Bernabeau, Nou Camp or Old Trafford. Most of all, I'll never forget what he did to expose the owners long before anybody else was onto them, putting his own job on the line in the process.

I can see and accept why some people wanted him gone, but that doesn't mean we now have to forget where he took us whilst he was here.

I'd rather have him than Hodgson, but I agree that we need a change of philosophy on the pitch & I want a younger, more attack-minded coach like Pellegrini , Rijkaard or even a Martinez/Coyle type manager with Kenny as DoF.

The slightly superior tone of some of the posts is a bit rich however , as the vast majority of people outside LFC would laugh & wonder why Benitez would consider such a major downgrade at the moment.

You were doing so well then and then BANG it all went tits up.

I like Benitez, he's a good coach but he's not attack minded enough for my tastes. He did well here given the circumstances but the politics finished him for me. If he was a bit more daring in his style and above all else kept away from the politics and the empire building then in time it would be worth considering i guess. It was right that he went though.

With Rafa we had some brilliant and bad times but I would question the sanity of anyone who would question the potential of Rafa with a supportive board and a decent tranfer kitty, without having to sell our best players. Any team with Xabi, Arbeloa, Croach, Bellamy, Mascherano etc would very well in any league.

I hope that great european nights that we had with Rafa do not become history.