You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Personal abuse from Our Tom

Marko121

Liverpool's ace card against Tom Hicks and George Gillett in the looming court case is that the £300 million takeover by New England Sports Ventures is actually in the best interests of the outgoing owners - because it wipes out a massive £110 million worth of personal guarantees to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Hicks and Gillett stand to lose a total of £254 million if the move by the owners of the Boston Red Sox collapses and they cannot find a replacement new owner by Friday.

ESPNsoccernet can exclusively reveal the cornerstone of Liverpool's case at the High Court next week is that the takeover is in everyone's best interests. The hearing is not likely until Tuesday at the earliest.

An inside source said: "It's in Hicks and Gillett's best interests, the board will argue, because it caps their losses at £144 million. Part of the deal with NESV is that the Royal Bank of Scotland wipe out the £110 million of personal guarantees."

An out of court settlement with Hicks and Gillett cannot be ruled out as the board is so confident that they will win the case.

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton cannot comment on the specifics of the case, but he has told ESPNsoccernet that he believes he can win the case and the takeover can go through.

Behind the scenes 'negotiations' are clearly going on between the warring factions aimed at avoiding a messy public court hearing that would tear the club apart. Equally, the court hearing, which comes just days before Friday's deadline with the Royal Bank of Scotland, is unlikely to be the end of the legal wranglings, as whoever losses the initial hearing is sure to seek an appeal.

On the issue of an appeal, Liverpool's lawyers will argue that if Hicks and Gillett lose and the takeover can go through, and they call for an appeal, it would seriously jeopardise the takeover, and potentially throw the club into administration, thereby putting the club's survival at risk.

If the legal actions drag to a second hearing, it is inevitable that RBS will have to take some decision on Friday, most likely to suspend the outcome of whether to put the club into administration pending the final court room verdict. The logical solution is for both sets of lawyers to find some sort of middle ground, even if it is a settlement on the steps of the High Court. There is no direct contact anymore between the factions, with Hicks and Gillett one one side and the three English members of the board led by Broughton on the other.

Broughton told ESPNsoccernet exclusively: "All of these issues I cannot possibly comment on, as this is going to court, one would assume. We have no date for the hearing yet, but we are told it is a 'short order' and so it would be any day hopefully early next week. The lawyers have told me I am not unable to talk about the case directly."

However, without going into any legal detail, Broughton said: "Yes, I am confident we shall win. However we all know when you have two sets of lawyers they are both telling you that they are 100% confident that they will win."

There is one central key issue of the entire legal procedure, and Broughton made that abundantly clear: "We are going to the courts seeking clarification that we are able to proceed with the sale of Liverpool FC."

Although Hicks publicly declared that he had given no undertaking directly to Broughton about the constitution of the board and the sale process being determined by the board (rather than the shareholders when he did his deal with RBS to extend the facility for six months), Broughton confirmed that such an undertaking was given to RBS.

Broughton said: "The obligation was given to RBS as part of the loan extension agreement. If an undertaking was given to the major creditor, than an undertaking was given."

In another twist, leaked minutes from a Liverpool board meeting allegedly contain Hicks making personal and abusive comments about Liverpool fans, which will increase the hatred already felt by the supporters against the current owners.

Liverpool deal in 'best interests' of Tom Hicks and George Gillett - Barclays Premier League - ESPN Soccernet

Maybe we are not on his Christmas card list

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal and abusive comments can be a two-way street Tom.

Although in this case its more likely to be an 8 lane stretch of motorway.

Retribution you fucking slimy, cancerous, back stabbing piece of verminous cunt stink. You'll fucking get yours.

By hook or by crook, karma will find its way to pay you back, you monstrous sack of cock smeg.

And please don't go and have a heart attack before your empire of lies and deceit crumbles you fucking shitehawk.

Broughton playing his fiddle a treat, not that I'm complaining. White and wealthy America doesn't like or understand much about the world outside their own ranches. For Dick Cheney dismantling the entire Iraqi civil service with the stroke of a pen, read Tom Hicks Jnr walking into a pub after a match. Completely different scales I grant you, but it's the same mindset. I'm a rich white American and the rest of the world is stoopid - period point blank.

Just email him this

HAHAHAHAHA Fuck you Tom

Liverpool owner Tom Hicks is set to anger fans that he will make up to four times the money he paid for the club when it is sold.

Following yesterday's announcement that the Reds were officially on the market, the Texan told the Wall Street Journal that he fully expects to see a four-fold return on the price he and co-owner George Gillett paid for the club in February 2007.

Pittsburgh attorney Chuck Greenberg is currently spearheading a group to buy a controlling stake in the Texas Rangers baseball team from Hicks for £530 million - a three-fold profit on the £162 million he paid for the club in 1998.

A valuation of between £600 million and £800 million has been touted as the asking price which would force Gillett and Hicks to sell debt-ridden Liverpool, who currently owe £237 million to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Hicks said: "Liverpool will be the most profitable investment I've ever made.

"It's been the most rewarding in so many ways and the most painful in so many ways. When you feel fans turn against you it's very frustrating.

"There's a strong business rationale. I should make four times my money."

The comments are a far cry from the ones Hicks made at the press conference to announce his takeover of the club with fellow sports tycoon Gillett.

Supporter unrest has overshadowed the Americans' turbulent three-year tenure at Anfield, with the reluctance of the board to strengthen the side cited as the reason for this season's failure to build on last year's finish as Premier League runners-up - something Hicks refutes.

He added: "The fan blogs blame the owners but we had terrible injuries with our star players out for more than a month, and we just weren't a very good team without them.

British Airways chief Martin Broughton has been appointed as the club's new chairman and have enlisted the services of Barclays Capital - a branch of the high street bank - to oversee a sale.

Just pray they don't find a way to get us.

That aside, mind-boggling that he's got a vendetta against the fans. Speaks volumes of his imperialistic, self-righteous attitude that he'd take personal issue with people he's been trying to screw for standing up for themselves.

Tom Hicks? More like 'nom Dicks'*

*because he's a cockmuncher

He's pushing Thatcher and Rumsfeld in the 'Can't wait 'til you die' running.

Carlsberg don't do plane crashes, but if they did...

Broughton playing his fiddle a treat, not that I'm complaining. White and wealthy America doesn't like or understand much about the world outside their own ranches. For Dick Cheney dismantling the entire Iraqi civil service with the stroke of a pen, read Tom Hicks Jnr walking into a pub after a match. Completely different scales I grant you, but it's the same mindset. I'm a rich white American and the rest of the world is stoopid - period point blank.

Spot on. If you're not hated by Hicks and his ilk then you're doing something wrong - a rule to live your life by.

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned on these forums before, but Thomas, if you're reading....you are a fat, Toad faced cunt.

The minute you lose and your sorry fat arse is kicked out of the club once and for all, I hope you get Leprosy AIDS of the Helmet which spreads and just leaves your fillings.

Oh, and you are fat, Toad faced cunt.

CUNT.