You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I agree with bricko66 - I think Hodgson HAS to win his next 2/3 League Games - If not and even if he DOES? He's a goner I would say. He'll be toast once the new ownership is in place whatever happens and let's face it - He was only EVER going to be a caretaker here - He couldn't even do THAT properly and has disgraced himself as a manager whilst in charge - In the process setting back the 'English Managers' bandwagon so beloved of (and regularly drummed by the English Press whenever WE change managers) by about a decade at least. Roy's a Dead Man walking as far as our job is concerned and If asked, I'd now measure his tenure in terms of games left, rather than Months - He'll be gone by the end of November at the absolute latest IMO.

As to just WHO will replace him? Well, put it this way - I don't think "He who shall not be named" left us because HE wanted to - Nor do I think all those reports of him having his ONLY house anywhere in Liverpool nor the reports ALREADY of him being overruled on transfers at his new team are being filtered into the press for No reason NOR are they unrelated. I think a VERY elaborate and long prepared plan is being played out and is occurring behind the scenes regarding not just our Owners but our MANAGER to even right now and it was put in place BEFORE he left? By none other than Rafa' Benitez himself.

I think our former boss has his own agenda here along with his public attack on Hodgson's moves as LFC manager and I think it all points to HIM returning in Glory as our manager under PROPER (or at least workable) owners he CAN work sooner rather than later - What's more? I suspect a few in Sky, situated at Certain laughably titled 'Rival' Clubs of ours and in the Sports Media have an idea what's happening already - Hence the Keep Roy at Liverpool line in the media - They're DESPERATE to see the back of Benitez once and for all with regard to English Football - But something tells me they haven't - Not by a LONG shot - Our story with Rafael Benitez at Anfield is FAR from done yet................................

NB We should thank Rafa' as well for HIS part in removing the Twin Diseases (and one way or another? They ARE gone now) - I'll always think our nose dive after Last September when George Gillett was caught out lying was DELIBERATE on his part as was his ultimate sacrifice of his job in a public row about transfers to keep the highlights on them as they got deseperate and at a time when they were Determined to keep from public notice - That's not to mention his near constant attacks on and various coded complaints against them in the media;

In Chess terms? Rafa' set up the PERFECT Checkmate position and Purslow's incompetence in replacing HIM? (Deliberate again? Surely Not? Winks) Delivered the Final Blow in the end - Against What Rafa' achieved - Roy couldn't help but Fail and I've a feeling that as I said above - Sooner or later? The return of Rafa' as our manager WILL occur - I believe the road to that happening is being paved even as we speak.

NNB: Also think the media will do ANYTHING to stop what's GOING to happen occuring - They HATE Rafa' for what he NEARLY did to Ferguson and will do ANYTHING to stop him coming back to his base at Anfield - Useless Drips like Redknapp Sr and Mancini have an interest in him staying away as well since the MINUTE he gets back on board with PROPER backing? Their current positions WILL be destroyed - They're coasting at the moment on the lack of effective opposition from the REAL member of the Top 4 whose asleep - They're DESPERATE for that to continue while they entrench themselves - It's not going to and they KNOW it - Hence Redknapp's shite in the media this week re H & G. He's lost one of his most effective tools (and OUR most effective obstacles) in raising Spurs to where they are now and doesn't he just KNOW it?

NNNB: Further, with the new rules coming in re finance soon - A N Other Manager other than Roy OR Rafa' (Whoever but NOT Hodgson He HAS to go) will be able to spend as much TIME as they like building and building and building our squad with NO Opposition from the 'Supersquad' brigade as THEIR main weapons (their enormous cheque books)? Will be partially disarmed - And to be quite honest - The thought of That happening AFTER Rafa's already proven how good HE is against those on the same level as him manager wise? Utterly Horrifies the media who are no doubt having nightmares as I type of not only Rafa' returned but him returned with PROPER ownership for our club - THAT idea terrifies them. And with Very good reason indeed.............................

Sorry - Last post was slightly incomplete - SHOULD have read as follows;

"Personally, I agree with bricko66 - I think Hodgson HAS to win his next 2/3 League Games - If not and even if he Does? He's a goner I would say. He'll be toast once the new ownership is in place whatever happens. Let's face it - He was only Ever going to be a caretaker here - He couldn't even do That properly and has disgraced himself as a manager whilst in charge - In the process setting back the 'English Managers' bandwagon so beloved of (and regularly drummed by the English Press whenever WE change managers) by about a decade at least. Roy's a Dead Man walking as far as our job is concerned and If asked, I'd now measure his tenure in terms of games left, rather than Months - He'll be gone by the end of November at the absolute latest IMO. I also suspect that's the last time our Board EVER listen to either Public Opinion OR the "Hire an Englishman" Brigade when choosing our managers for a VERY long time.

As to just WHO will replace him? Well, put it this way - I don't think "He who shall not be named" left us because He wanted to - Nor do I think all those reports of him having his ONLY house anywhere in Liverpool or indeed the reports Already of him being overruled on transfers at his new team are being filtered into the press for No reason NOR are they all unrelated. I think a Very elaborate and long prepared plan is being played out and is occurring behind the scenes regarding not just our Owners but our Manager also. It is happening even right now and it was put in place BEFORE he left as well. That plan was the work of? Of course, none other than Rafa' Benitez himself.

I think our former boss has his own agenda here along with his public attack on Hodgson's moves as LFC manager and I think it all points to HIM returning in Glory as our manager under Proper (or at least workable) owners whom he CAN work sooner rather than later - What's more? I suspect a few in Sky, situated at Certain laughably titled 'Rival' Clubs of ours and in the Sports Media have an idea what's happening already - Hence the "Keep Roy at Liverpool" line in the media - They're Desperate to see the back of Benitez once and for all with regard to English Football and if That takes with it Liverpool's Last chance of contending regularly for a good few decades? Then all the better; However, something tells me they haven't seen the back of either one of them as yet; Not by a Long shot - Our story with Rafael Benitez at Anfield is FAR from done.................................

NB We should thank Rafa' as well for HIS part in removing the Twin Diseases (and one way or another? They ARE gone now) - I'll always think our nose dive after Last September when George Gillett was caught out lying was Deliberate on his part as was his ultimate sacrifice of his job in a public row about transfers to keep the highlights on them as they got desperate and at a time when they were Determined to keep from public notice their despicable actions and the damage they caused to OUR club. That's not to mention Rafa's near constant attacks on and various coded complaints against them in the media whenever they thought the issue had faded away;

In Chess terms? Rafa' set up the PERFECT Checkmate position and Purslow's incompetence in replacing HIM? (Deliberate again? Surely Not? Winks) Delivered the Final Blow in the end - Against What Rafa' achieved - Roy couldn't help but Fail and I've a feeling that as I said above - Sooner or later? The return of Rafa' as our manager WILL occur - I believe the road to that happening rather sooner than we all think is being paved even as we speak.

NNB: I Also think the media will do Anything to stop what's GOING to happen occuring - They HATE Rafa' for what he Nearly did to Ferguson and will do Anything to stop him coming back to his Powerbase at Anfield - Useless Drips like Redknapp Sr and Mancini have an interest in him staying away as well since the Minute he gets back on board with Proper backing? Their current positions WILL be destroyed - They're coasting at the moment on the lack of effective opposition from the REAL member of the Top 4 whose asleep - They're Desperate for that to continue while they entrench themselves - It's not going to and they KNOW it - Hence Redknapp's shite in the media this week re H & G as a pathetic attempt to prop 'them' up and give Us one last tripwire. He's lost one of his most effective tools (and Our most effective obstacles) in raising Spurs to where they are now and doesn't he just Know it?

NNNB: Further, with the new rules coming in re finance soon - A N Other Manager other than Roy OR Rafa' (Whoever but Not Hodgson He HAS to go) will be able to spend as much Time as they like building and building and building our squad with NO Opposition from the 'Supersquad' brigade as Their main weapons (their enormous cheque books)? Will be partially disarmed, forcing them almost to the level of the rest of us. And to be quite honest - The thought of That happening After Rafa's already proven how good HE is against those on the same level as him manager wise? Utterly Horrifies the media who are no doubt having nightmares as I type of not only Rafa' returned but him returned with PROPER ownership for our club - THAT idea terrifies them. And with Very good reason indeed............................."

Edited by Redshadow

Who do you think will replace him then KopOut?

NB Should have added above in my long post. I've a feeling a Lot of people are going to be VERY unhappy to see us rescued and stabilised as it were whilst the perennial darlings of the game United are left in the debt quagmire - I've a feeling we've not even Begun to hear the challenges, media blasts and complaints from rival managers regarding us avoiding ANY points penalty in all of this as we seem likely to If as expected Hicks tries to go all the way but loses. A LOT of people and organisations do NOT like the idea of us being debt-free whilst United suffer, they don't like it at all..........

Edited by Redshadow

I just cant help feeling roy will be given a season to prove his worth. Firstly he's appointed by the board, sacking him now will be shooting themselve on the foot, Secondly NESV is new to football so the advice they could get atm is from Purslow, Kenny, Gerrard/Carra etc, what more Roy won the LM last year, the media darling atm

I have to admit I'm a little surprised at how completely negative this thread is toward Hodgson. Don't get me wrong, it's an observation not a criticism as I share many of the concerns people have, but I would have thought the bounce of this week's news might have translted to him as well.

I think if Hodgson shows that in the run of games before Christmas that he can not only start winning, but changing the style of play too, then I think he should be given an opportunity to spend some money to improve the squad. Not everything that might otherwise have been available, but some.

I think the new owners if they are successful would look at what Hodgson has achieved since his appointment then obviously talk to someone senior at the club such as Dalglish and no doubt talk with players such as Gerrard.

They will probably have a timescale of up until November/December then judge whether or not Hodgson is the right man.

For all we know if the take over completes the players may well pick up their performances and we go on a good run of form.

Am I the only one that literally CRINGES every time I hear about Gerrards influence higher up the food chain at Liverpool Fc

Can't someone just tell him to stop sulking and earn his 100K a week, if it wasn't for him and Carra, we wouldnt have this Jonathon Ross impersonator at our club in the first place

When Rafa got the chop I championed for a Kraut, Loew or Magath would be great, as would Pellegrini

The sooner old wibble wobble gets the chop the better, whether Stevie "I need an arm arous my shoulder" Gerrard likes it or not

I have to admit I'm a little surprised at how completely negative this thread is toward Hodgson. Don't get me wrong, it's an observation not a criticism as I share many of the concerns people have, but I would have thought the bounce of this week's news might have translted to him as well.

It's probably just that many people accepted the appointment of Hodgson as an inevitable and logical step with H&G as owners, he was not necessarily the manager of choice for many. Now that the nightmare is finally about to end, the new era could do with a further boost, a new manager with modern ideas. It would underline the change in direction and provide the buzz we desperately need.

Having lived in Finland during Roys tenure as manager I can say that we are set up almost identical to the Finnish national team that he coached and it is really a worry. They were so defensive, no high presssing just waiting for attack and I can see that he wants to set us up like that. I doesnt suit our players and I cannot stress how bloody painful it will be if he is not able to deviate away from this style. I am very concerned have much more talented players who can be utilised differently to what I witnessed

I agree. Imagine the type of footy we'd be playing under Dalglish or Pelligrini. We've got Gerrard, Torres, Cole and Meireles. They on their own should be beating the likes of Blackpool at home.

Fed up of negative shite, we might lose matches but i'd fucking love a manager with the mindset 'score as many as you want, we're going to outscore you'

Yeah I remember us playing 6 at the back v Arsenal in 1990. Dalglish became more defence first orientated as his manager career went on here.

Roy deserves until the end of the season unless we stay in the bottom half around New Year. Sacking him now is lunacy.

Yeah I remember us playing 6 at the back v Arsenal in 1990. Dalglish became more defence first orientated as his manager career went on here.

Roy deserves until the end of the season unless we stay in the bottom half around New Year. Sacking him now is lunacy.

From what i see, whether we are at bottom half or not around new year, the board may provide fund for him during jan(upon the board advice probably) and ultimately give him a season to prove himself which i think most fans dont want to see it. I think most fans would want Roy to prove himself before Nov/Dec, he's not our first choice manager anyway & roy doesnt help himself with his constant negative conferences & style of play.

the key is the January transfer window if he hasnt improved by December then we will need someone we can trust to spend the Torres money in January....

im joking of course... hopefully

time is on our side here because Nando wouldnt move in January. It would be in the summer if he was to leave.

We need to fix it in January, and improve a great deal or Nando will leave in the summer. (i wouldnt blaim him to be honest) he has put up with alot and like the rest of us has been lied too... Torres loves liverpool but hes not a fan at the end of the day, so he doesnt have to put up with it like the rest of it.

I will have the utmost respect for him should he stay but i wont think any less of him should he want to leave.

As regards to Torres.

Although I would hate to see him leave and I think he will do. I don't feel as bad about it, as I would if those twats where still going to be running the show. Purely for the fact I think we would be able to re-invest the full fee under the new owners.

60 million

Aguero £40mil

benzema 20mil

Bit championship mangerish I know. Other question is would the top players want to come to us in our current state - I don't think so! Certainly not without the draw of working for a top manager with pedigree. For this reason I think roy will be gone soon.

Having lived in Finland during Roys tenure as manager I can say that we are set up almost identical to the Finnish national team that he coached and it is really a worry. They were so defensive, no high presssing just waiting for attack and I can see that he wants to set us up like that. I doesnt suit our players and I cannot stress how bloody painful it will be if he is not able to deviate away from this style. I am very concerned have much more talented players who can be utilised differently to what I witnessed

This is what worries me about giving him more money to spend. You can tell by the strikers we were linked to (cole/gomes) that he will buy players to suit the regressive system he's used to. It won't work and we will have another merry go round of transfer targets as a new manager, with a progressive approach (you would hope), finds players like Konchesky, Poulsen et al not up to that type of football.

Red Shadow, while it may fill some romantic novels for some people in a kind of happily ever after Grimms Fairytale story Rafa coming back here, the reality is somewhat different. As long as Purslow, Stevie and Carra (who will probably have a job for life ala Roy Evans, Ronnie Moran) remain at the club, the Rafa return ain't happening pal.

I want him gone now. At least with a new better manager (who we could actually get now we're seemingly not crippled with debt) we COULD get CL footy next season and have a small chance of keeping Torres.

If we don't get it, he'll be gone in the summer and it will be back to square one in terms of playing staff even if these Yanks have loads of money.

Roy just isn't good enough, didn't want Rafa, don't want Roy. Bring Kenny in for fucks sake please Henry.

This amused me.

You were ranting about how great he was a few weeks ago and all he needed was a little time to get things right

I agree they are hardly going to be announcing they are considering replacing him, especially when they don't actually own the club yet...

But since it's fun to speculate I'd add my vote for the still available without compo Pellegrini IF any change was to be made.