You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's all it boils down to mate if we're all really honest. You could probably put people into five categories:

1) Those who didn't want Rafa to be sacked and thus would be all over the replacement manager if he started poorly.

2) Those who didn't want Hodgson because they didn't rate him.

3) Those who didn't see Hodgson as their first choice but were prepared to wait and see how he did.

4) Those who really like Hodgson and wanted him to come in because they have faith in his abilities.

5) Those who hated Rafa and didn't care who took over.

I'm number 3 and that's probably why i'm in disagreement with a lot of people on this thread who seem to either be in 1, 2 or 3 (but who judge people on short periods of time).

It's as simple as that to me.

Loved Rafa, and still do. But I suppose I'm number 2, however, I believe he deserves time. So I'm probably the currently unavailable number 6.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three months because it's then the transfer window. If you don't have faith in the manager then you can't give him money to spend.

Stop being a dick.

If the board decide to get rid (and they should in my opinion) I would like Kenny or Pelligrini given a month working with the players before the start of the transfer window.

League games up until the end of November;

Everton A

Blackburn H

Bolton A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

Stoke A

West ham H

Spurs A

He needs to be getting 18 points minimum from those games. I'd actually say he needs 21 to save his job.

Everton A

Blackburn H

Bolton A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

Stoke A

West ham H

Spurs A

He needs to be getting 18 points minimum from those games. I'd actually say he needs 21 to save his job.

I can see us picking up 3 points only at Wigan and at home against West Ham. It would be a remarkable turnaround if we ended up getting 18 points from those 8 games.

If the board decide to get rid (and they should in my opinion) I would like Kenny or Pelligrini given a month working with the players before the start of the transfer window.

Everton A

Blackburn H

Bolton A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

Stoke A

West ham H

Spurs A

Got 13 of them last season, with a better squad and a better manager.

Not sure why we should be getting 18 all of a sudden.

Because he has to make up for Blackpool and Sunderland?

Everton A

Blackburn H

Bolton A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

Stoke A

West ham H

Spurs A

if we play as we have been:

Everton 1 point

Blackburn 1 Point

Chelsea 0 points

Wigan 3 points

Stoke 1 point

West ham 3 points

Spurs 1 point

i predict 10 points from 7 games unless form turns around.

Sort of. If we don't start to get maximum points in most games soon, we've no chance of getting 4th place.

Actually it's pobably gone already but we could claw it back if we went on a good winning streak.

Everton A

Blackburn H

Bolton A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

Stoke A

West ham H

Spurs A

We are capable of winning all of these games. However not, if we talk about Blackburn at Anfield as a "difficult" game. Anyway, it is all about tomorrow, a loss, and the media spin will make Hodgson's life more than somewhat hard...

Even if we get 18 points in the next 8 games we'll have played 15 games and have just 24 points.

Simply not good enough.

And last season wasn't good enough.

24 points after 15 games and we'll be struggling to finish 7th I'd imagine.

if we play as we have been:

Everton 1 point

Blackburn 1 Point

Chelsea 0 points

Wigan 3 points

Stoke 1 point

West ham 3 points

Spurs 1 point

i predict 10 points from 7 games unless form turns around.

First line makes the last line hugely optimistic.

We have been fucking dreadful up to now.

Sort of. If we don't start to get maximum points in most games soon, we've no chance of getting 4th place.

Actually it's pobably gone already but we could claw it back if we went on a good winning streak.

That's correct, he has to average close to 2 points out of 3 over the season to have a chance to be in the top 4. At some stage that requires compensating for less than 1 point out of 3 that we have now. He has said himself to look at the table after 10 games to see the trend. It is crunch time right now to get the average up.

After all what time?

What time? Enough time to take us out of top 4 contention for the rest of the season.

We have not played well in one game, not even by random chance when we have a 50/50 chance in any given league game we can't string together one coherent performance, he's had months mate and not one. We are knocking on the door of the championship, if this was any other top 4/5 club alarm bells would have been ringing by now but you just point to your watch and ask what time it is.

Loved Rafa, and still do. But I suppose I'm number 2, however, I believe he deserves time. So I'm probably the currently unavailable number 6.

I didn't want Rafa sacked nor did I want him to be succeded by Hodgson but I'm prepared to give Hodgson time, unless the situation becomes disasterous - a real fear of finishing in the bottom half, not contending for trophies and top players leaving - I think we should only begin looking at his position after about three seasons.

And category 4 & 5 are the same thing.

I didn't want Rafa sacked nor did I want him to be succeded by Hodgson but I'm prepared to give Hodgson time, unless the situation becomes disasterous - a real fear of finishing in the bottom half, not contending for trophies and top players leaving - I think we should only begin looking at his position after about three seasons.

And category 4 & 5 are the same thing.

are you being sarcastic?

I've said it a couple of times already, but I don't like the name calling of our manager. It would seem he is not up to the job, but that doesn't make him a cu** or whatever. He has always struck me as a decent man and doesn't deserve that.

As far as our situation is concerned, it all depends on the plans of the owners. They will be introduced at home next week, and they will be working hard on shaping the board. While this is all going on a couple more games will have elapsed. Will it still be flat on the pitch? If so, Roy is probably a gonner. If things are picking up, they will probably adopt a 'wait and see' approach (though they would be mad to not consider alternatives).

I would imagine a new man will come in before January, not least because that is an opportunity to spend some decent money, and you don't want the outgoing manager to spend the dosh.

If it is someone like Pellegrini then he might be available to come in and get cracking. If it is to be a younger man, say a Deschamps or Loew, he might take a bit more coaxing and time. But even if that were the case, the perfect interim manager is already here, should Roy be sacked.

I'm confident the right thing will be done.

are you being sarcastic?

No and there was a time where even that would be classed as unfair. Again, I didn't want him appointed and I'm unimpressed so far but a manager needs time to implement his ideas and shape the squad. That is a principle I will apply to any Liverpool manager, even if I have very little confidence in them.

Anything else is anarchy. Should we sack Hodgson after the Everton game and don't win our next 7 league games, do we then sack his replacement? And the next man?

No and there was a time where even that would be classed as unfair. Again, I didn't want him appointed and I'm unimpressed so far but a manager needs time to implement his ideas and shape the squad. That is a principle I will apply to any Liverpool manager, even if I have very little confidence in them.

Anything else is anarchy. Should we sack Hodgson after the Everton game and don't win our next 7 league games, do we then sack his replacement? And the next man?

I suppose it depends if you have faith in the next man. If we had Capello as manager and lost 3 games in a row i wouldn't want him sacked cos i know he's a brilliant club manager. His record shows that.

That's not the precedent we would be setting. If the style of play was promising and we were losing matches due to individual mistakes, bad luck or players not understanding his methods, no one would be calling for Roy's head. The disturbing aspect of Roy's tenure is that we've played our best football precisely when the players have been forced to ignore his turgid system (e.g. Arsenal second half, United at 0-2). Whether you evaluate it over 7 games or 700, his system is wholly inappropriate for a team with top four ambitions.