You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The people who believe Rafa out/Roy in was a deliberate decision, a strategy, are never going to admit anything else, Brownie.

The irony of Rafa detractors being called 'tarts' when the opposite end of the spectrum act like lovesick teenage girls who claim their boyfriend was chased away.

He wasn't; your parents paid him off and he's now living abroad with a quality bird with more money, a nicer flat and bigger tits.

Tell yourself any lie till you're blue in the face. You were dumped, get over it.

Actually, you're insulting Rafa's intelligence and sanity in saying he'd take a look at Inter and Liverpool in the summer and say "I pick Liverpool". Y'know, because he loves us sooooooooooooo much he'd happily sabotage his own career with another year of this shit.

Rafa left, Roy arrived. That means we got rid of Rafa to bring in Roy.

After, therefore, because of it.

Bollocks 90% of the time.

That's about the crux of it, I suppose. I was hoping that we'd have seen an end to all of this nonsense now, but obviously not.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

I didn't want Hodgson here, that's for sure. I would have preferred Kenny, that needs to be said.

Hodgson wasn't my first choice but I was fully prepared to give him a shot when he came in and not judge him on anything other than what he did with us. On that score the signs are not good but what has happened previously means fuck all to me.

Too many people want him to fail.

The people who believe Rafa out/Roy out was a deliberate decision, a strategy, are never going to admit anything else, Brownie.

The irony of Rafa detractors being called 'tarts' when the opposite end of the spectrum act like lovesick teenage girls who claim their boyfriend was chased away.

He wasn't; your parents paid him off and he's now living abroad with a quality bird with more money, a nicer flat and bigger tits.

Tell yourself any lie till you're blue in the face. You were dumped, get over it.

Actually, you're insulting Rafa's intelligence and sanity in saying he'd take a look at Inter and Liverpool in the summer and say "I pick Liverpool". Y'know, because he loves us sooooooooooooo much he'd happily sabotage his own career with another year of this shit.

Spin on. Benitez was let go because of many reasons, football not being the main one. Hodgson was brought in for many reasons, football again not being the main one.

Benitez was not let go to bring in Hodgson. He was let go in order to bring in someone else. Benitez also realized himself that his time was up. That was a correct decision, both by the club and Benitez. But it was not because of football... And the replacement is being judged now, based on what's happening on the pitch. Odd world we live in.

Hodgson wasn't my first choice but I was fully prepared to give him a shot when he came in and not judge him on anything other than what he did with us.

Instead of getting a lift with a new manager, we're playing relegation football achieving relegation results.

He's got 15 games so far. When does it stop for you?

None of the people defending Hodgson seem to have answered my question, which is fair enough as there are a lot of posts in this thread. But if you genuinely believe Hodgson should be given time, do you therefore want to see him spend our transfer budget in January? And next summer? Do you want to see Hodgson's Liverpool in a year from now? Obviously we don't know exactly what that would look like, but it's fair to extrapolate from the approach his previous clubs have taken on the field, and from what we've seen from him so far, isn't it? He's said himself that he's not going to change his philosophy or approach.

Why should we give him time with all that in mind?

As Brownie said it depends how the next few months go.

If we improve then I wouldn't have a problem with Hodgson spending some money in January, it would be nice to see the manager backed for a change and allowed to implement his plans with sufficient investment.

If we don't improve enough I would be in favour of replacing him.

Most clubs don't do much business in January in any event.

Instead of getting a lift with a new manager, we're playing relegation football achieving relegation results.

He's got 15 games so far. When does it stop for you?

He said himself to look at the league table after 10 games. That's the first stage for me. Obviously it all also depends on what the ownership situation is, the potential new owners may have ideas already.

Time will tell. It didn't stop for me before he even started though, like it did with you.

It didn't.

But I guess you already knew that. I didn't want him here. That's not why I expect the new owners to fire him. Relegation football producing relegation results is.

Edited by Captain

Spin on. Benitez was let go because of many reasons, football not being the main one. Hodgson was brought in for many reasons, football again not being the main one.

Benitez was not let go to bring in Hodgson. He was let go in order to bring in someone else. Benitez also realized himself that his time was up. That was a correct decision, both by the club and Benitez. But it was not because of football... And the replacement is being judged now, based on what's happening on the pitch. Odd world we live in.

The football was poor last season, a lot of people - even big apologists like Tony Evans - say so and admit Rafa's own performance was poor.

They also, with plenty of justification, claim that battles about money and politics knocked his eye off the ball.

So with a vastly reduced transfer budget and the vermin wanting more money to pay off bigger penalties, did you seriously think Benitez was just going to hunker down and get on with it?

It's not spin, it's looking at our situation and looking at Inter and saying "only a fucking lunatic would have stayed here". I'm sure his meetings with Broughton centred on how soon Huang would come to our and his rescue.

Not soon enough.

The football was poor last season, a lot of people - even big apologists like Tony Evans - say so and admit Rafa's own performance was poor.

They also, with plenty of justification, claim that battles about money and politics knocked his eye off the ball.

So with a vastly reduced transfer budget and the vermin wanting more money to pay off bigger penalties, did you seriously think Benitez was just going to hunker down and get on with it?

It's not spin, it's looking at our situation and looking at Inter and saying "only a fucking lunatic would have stayed here". I'm sure his meetings with Broughton centred on how soon Huang would come to our and his rescue.

Not soon enough.

I think asking for a written assurance of funds was something he knew he was never going to get, and in that sense he had made up his mind before he handed it in. That said I think Broughton was also well aware of a manager who could call the shots both above & below IE getting shut of Parry was probably going to be a fundamental problem in attracting new ownership, and he couldn't be seen to let that happen again.

I don't subscribe to your theory that Rafa met his match with Purslow, but I do think he met his match with Broughton.

I think asking for a written assurance of funds was something he knew he was never going to get, and in that sense he had made up his mind before he handed it in. That said I think Broughton was also well aware of a manager who could call the shots both above & below IE getting shut of Parry was probably going to be a fundamental problem in attracting new ownership, and he couldn't be seen to let that happen again.

I don't subscribe to your theory that Rafa met his match with Purslow, but I do think he met his match with Broughton.

You may be right; recent events have certainly upgraded Broughton's rep though

(unless he's bluffing on that written evidence :wow:)

You only have to look at the vermin's initial reactions to Rafa, Athens and the November demands before the wonky press conference; "who the fuck does this guy think he is?"

And they soon found out!

Broughton hadn't been here a week before Rafa started on him, all that "he hasn't met me" tripe. Like Tommy in Goodfellas, he just ran out of allies and people didn't want to put up with it any more.

Not for 63 points and 7th.

If/when the the new regime takes charge then I'd like for Hodgson to be replaced. I don't know any supporter that has been completely convinced by him either before or after his appointment and, given his previous record with various clubs, there is nothing that suggests to me that he is the man to take us forward. In fact, the idea of him being given our long awaited, precious, transfer funds in January to spunk on sub par English players and Scandinavian journeymen fills me with dread.

Is that not we have now?

Like you said in another thread, with a brilliant manager...

Some might say a far lesser man, but I don't want to be that cruel after 7 games, which is probably Brownie's view.

We're not getting better than Rafa, was my point. We had him, and now we don't. I know who played the greater part in that disgrace, and hopefully they will get their punishment very, very soon.

What also ticks me off me off is the fan club who won't admit he played his part in his downfall.

I know who played the greater part in that disgrace, and hopefully they will get their punishment very, very soon.

What also ticks me off me off is the fan club who won't admit he played his part in his downfall.

Who played the greater part then? Do tell?

No one's saying he didn't play a part in his own downfall, people are debating how much of a part he played in his own downfall.

The people who believe Rafa out/Roy in was a deliberate decision, a strategy, are never going to admit anything else, Brownie.

Sounds like some of the love sick puppies who still cast admiring glances towards Xabi :whistle:

You may be right; recent events have certainly upgraded Broughton's rep though

(unless he's bluffing on that written evidence :wow:)

You only have to look at the vermin's initial reactions to Rafa, Athens and the November demands before the wonky press conference; "who the fuck does this guy think he is?"

And they soon found out!

Broughton hadn't been here a week before Rafa started on him, all that "he hasn't met me" tripe. Like Tommy in Goodfellas, he just ran out of allies and people didn't want to put up with it any more.

Not for 63 points and 7th.

Indeed, no allies and that position allied to an allegedly frosty dressing room and there was no way back for him.

That said for all his faults, with a stable run club there is no one else I'd rather see in the Liverpool dugout.