You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Also, isn't it reasonable to just say that he is a good manager for smaller clubs with lower expectations, but not necessarily for a big club with high expectations? It doesn't have to be the case that he's not a good manager. He's just not a good manager for a club like ours.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the people defending Hodgson seem to have answered my question, which is fair enough as there are a lot of posts in this thread. But if you genuinely believe Hodgson should be given time, do you therefore want to see him spend our transfer budget in January? And next summer? Do you want to see Hodgson's Liverpool in a year from now? Obviously we don't know exactly what that would look like, but it's fair to extrapolate from the approach his previous clubs have taken on the field, and from what we've seen from him so far, isn't it? He's said himself that he's not going to change his philosophy or approach.

Why should we give him time with all that in mind?

Because some don't like being wrong.

None of the people defending Hodgson seem to have answered my question, which is fair enough as there are a lot of posts in this thread. But if you genuinely believe Hodgson should be given time, do you therefore want to see him spend our transfer budget in January? And next summer? Do you want to see Hodgson's Liverpool in a year from now? Obviously we don't know exactly what that would look like, but it's fair to extrapolate from the approach his previous clubs have taken on the field, and from what we've seen from him so far, isn't it? He's said himself that he's not going to change his philosophy or approach.

Why should we give him time with all that in mind?

It's an impossible question to answer right now. If we're in the bottom three at Christmas then no way should he be given the transfer money to spend.

It depends on how the next few months go.

Well I certainly agree that appointing Hodgson was ill judged and a mistake Brownie. The board needs to be held accountable for this mistake.

Yes/No ?

Have you even read the thread?! I don't know yet because I don't believe that there has been enough time to be sure of anything.

Are people not capable of ill-judgement and/or mistakes (potentially)?

Even I may, and I have to stress the word may, have made some errors in my judgment at certain times. Mind you, these have been when there have been some incapacitating circumstances or unforeseen issues at play. Regarding Hodgson, the potential (still unfulfilled, luckily) was always there to be seen for anyone.

Let's not kid ourselves here, it was not a pure football decision. Way too much other stuff involved.

It's an impossible question to answer right now. If we're in the bottom three at Christmas then no way should he be given the transfer money to spend.

It depends on how the next few months go.

But would you not think sacking someone that late would then be pointless as a new manager couldn't assess the squad correctly?

My personal feeling is we should sack Roy now, then look for who we all belive will be the man that will create a dynasty here

And I don't think anybody actually believes that to be Roy Hogdson

Have you even read the thread?! I don't know yet because I don't believe that there has been enough time to be sure of anything.

Ok. Well we'll just have to wait until Christmas if the noises coming out of the club are genuine.

I doubt we'll be in the relegation zone then, but am not expecting us to be amongst the top 7 either.

But would you not think sacking someone that late would then be pointless as a new manager couldn't assess the squad correctly?

My personal feeling is we should sack Roy now, then look for who we all belive will be the man that will create a dynasty here

And I don't think anybody actually believes that to be Roy Hogdson

Replacing a manager at any point during the season isn't ideal, I don't think it matters when.

It begins a dangerous precedent for me. What if Kenny or Pellegrini came in and we didn't win for 6/7 games? Do we sack him then?

Replacing a manager at any point during the season isn't ideal, I don't think it matters when.

It begins a dangerous precedent for me. What if Kenny or Pellegrini came in and we didn't win for 6/7 games? Do we sack him then?

For me the results are almost secondary to how we're playing. If we were getting beat and the players were putting in performances that suggested things would improve, then to consider sacking him would be just a knee jerk reaction.

I honestly didn't think the quality of the football could get any worse than last season, but it has and judging by his comments thus far, he isn't going to change.

I believe the management of our club is a serious issue.

Of course I do.

I completely fail to understand your point?

You've misunderstood.

The fact that you keep going on about others not liking being proven wrong, shows that it's probably you who that applies to more than anyone else.

The people who believe Rafa out/Roy in was a deliberate decision, a strategy, are never going to admit anything else, Brownie.

The irony of Rafa detractors being called 'tarts' when the opposite end of the spectrum act like lovesick teenage girls who claim their boyfriend was chased away.

He wasn't; your parents paid him off and he's now living abroad with a quality bird with more money, a nicer flat and bigger tits.

Tell yourself any lie till you're blue in the face. You were dumped, get over it.

Actually, you're insulting Rafa's intelligence and sanity in saying he'd take a look at Inter and Liverpool in the summer and say "I pick Liverpool". Y'know, because he loves us sooooooooooooo much he'd happily sabotage his own career with another year of this shit.

Rafa left, Roy arrived. That means we got rid of Rafa to bring in Roy.

After, therefore, because of it.

Bollocks 90% of the time.