You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thank fuck comment is about the new prospective owners probably firing him more or less instantly when they take over.

Instead of improving us, Hodgson's got us playing relegation football with relegation results. I have no doubts the new owners will get rid sharpish if the deal is concluded.

I know I would, if I was in the lucky position of being able to buy the club.

I wouldn't say it is a given that they will get rid of him once the sale goes through to be honest, especially if Purslow stays on board which looks likely. They won't want to rock the boat too much early on. Hodgson walked into a circus in July here and whilst I can't defend him for the guff on the pitch so far I will defend him in regards of the situation he walked into which hasn't been too far removed from a far-fetched episode of Dallas.

I think unless we get embroiled in a real relegation battle come December/New Year things will be looked at then and rightly so. Roy will continue to lose any people who were prepared to give him a chance (myself included) if he persists with Poulsen/Lucas and doesn't make the best out of what he has got. If he starts Gerrard and Meireles CM next week and we have a go and if we lose then I could accept that as him learning from early mistakes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly
Tell that to the Premier League managers who voted for him? Clearly they don't know as much as you though.

And don't accuse me of acting daft. The lad asked a question and I gave an answer.

Come on, Brownie, the LMA award was almost a "lifetime achievement" award for Good Old Roy, because he took the lowly Fulham to the brink of European glory (something not afforded Steve McLaren when he did the same with 'boro). It wasn't awarded on merit, regardless of how much people claim it was, in exactly the same way Ryan Giggs was far from the footballer of the year, but lo and behold ...

Tell that to the Premier League managers who voted for him? Clearly they don't know as much as you though.

And don't accuse me of acting daft. The lad asked a question and I gave an answer.

I've twice explained my point, I'm not being an arse, don't make out I am.

Premier league managers of the season mean fuck all, hence Slur, shit coat, george burley and the incompetent suffern lump we have now.

Brownie you understand the point, don't act daft.

He should never have been apointed, hence the shite the board came out with.

"We never considered Kenny"

And bollocks did he do the best job. 7 to 12.

Do you really think Fulham and their small resources would have finished 12th if they hadn't had a mammoth Europa League run which started in July 09 and ended in May 10?

He overachieved in 08-09 in terms of the league for Fulham. Probably met expectations in 09-10 in the league and had the thrilling run they had to the final which they were 2 minutes away from a penalty shoot out for.

Come on, Brownie, the LMA award was almost a "lifetime achievement" award for Good Old Roy, because he took the lowly Fulham to the brink of European glory (something not afforded Steve McLaren when he did the same with 'boro). It wasn't awarded on merit, regardless of how much people claim it was, in exactly the same way Ryan Giggs was far from the footballer of the year, but lo and behold ...

(For the 5th time).

I'm not saying that the award is credible. But in terms of a board appointing a manager and then giving reasons for the appointment, it's totally understandable that they would point to the achievement.

It lacks crediblity with a lot of people but a lot of others obviously value it, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

I would expect an answer about how he could bring something to our club and our first team, not his fucking record with Fulham.

Yet when Benitez came in it was totally fair to look at his results with Valencia. It's double standards. You look at both of their achievements with their previous clubs and then go from there, or not at all.

If he starts Gerrard and Meireles CM next week and we have a go and if we lose then I could accept that as him learning from early mistakes.

I don't think that's true.

What Roy needs to do is find the right balance, and when Gerrard is in centre mid there's never any balance. Gerrard needs to be alongside Torres or on the right wing, where he is best.

I don't think sticking 2 attack minded midfielders next to each other is a good thing, the first half of Istanbul proved that, every team needs a ball winning midfielder, be it Lucas or Poulsen.

I wouldn't have a problem with Roy playing Lucas & Meireles in midfield and Gerrard ahead of them. What I don't want to see is Lucas & Poulsen in the midfield together, Poulsen on the pitch at any point or Meireles on the wing in another narrow formation.

Brownie you understand the point, don't act daft.

He should never have been apointed, hence the shite the board came out with.

"We never considered Kenny"

And bollocks did he do the best job. 7 to 12.

Just to add,didn't Broughton say at the Hodgson press conference

"we never considered Kenny,we have a far more important role for him" or words to that effect.

Paul Dalglish said on local radio yesterday,that is Dad was at the Academy every day and never got near Melwood and had no input on helping the Club (unless we count helping 12 year kids)

Kenny never got the job for 1 simple reason,

He'd have been MORE POWERFUL THAN RAFA and the board couldn't handle that scenario,especially after getting rid of their "thorn in their side" Benitez

Guest TesticleOReilly
Yet when Benitez came in it was totally fair to look at his results with Valencia. It's double standards. You look at both of their achievements with their previous clubs and then go from there, or not at all.

I don't remember Roy Hodgson taking Fulham to the title, breaking up the Chelsea/United domination in the process. Twice.

(For the 5th time).

I'm not saying that the award is credible. But in terms of a board appointing a manager and then giving reasons for the appointment, it's totally understandable that they would point to the achievement.

It lacks crediblity with a lot of people but a lot of others obviously value it, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

Bit weak, really, if that is what they based it on.

Burley not Houllier. Moyes not Mourinho or Rafa. Hodgson not Ancelotti.

It's basically a "you did what with what?" award.

Holloway's already halfway towards it.

Once there was a vacancy we weren't shopping in Harrod's.

No, it's not double standards. Rafa had won a major European league, Roy hadn't.

The point is, if we're looking at PL awards, we could appoint David fucking Moyes as our manager. I hope you agree that would be a mistake?

Just to add,didn't Broughton say at the Hodgson press conference

"we never considered Kenny,we have a far more important role for him" or words to that effect.

Paul Dalglish said on local radio yesterday,that is Dad was at the Academy every day and never got near Melwood and had no input on helping the Club (unless we count helping 12 year kids)

Kenny never got the job for 1 simple reason,

He'd have been MORE POWERFUL THAN RAFA and the board couldn't handle that scenario,especially after getting rid of their "thorn in their side" Benitez

How was Benitez a thorn in the boards side?

Do you really think Fulham and their small resources would have finished 12th if they hadn't had a mammoth Europa League run which started in July 09 and ended in May 10?

He overachieved in 08-09 in terms of the league for Fulham. Probably met expectations in 09-10 in the league and had the thrilling run they had to the final which they were 2 minutes away from a penalty shoot out for.

1st season - respectable

2nd season - above averaage

3rd season - be appointed Liverpool manager?

My years are probably miles out, point remains the same!

Ordinarily I wouldn't be calling for the Manager to be sacked this early in this season, particularly a new manager, because the season is still in its infancy. But, there's been nothing to suggest at that things will improve. I didn't think it was possible for us to be more defensive and less ambitious at home than last season, but alas we are.

I also don't think the comparisons with Rafa's last season are fair. He was 6 years into his reign and for me he'd stayed far longer than he should have and I honestly don't think we'd have been much better placed if he'd have stayed. The fairer comparison would to be compare Rafa and Roy's first season and if you do that than Roy fails miserably. The away games in Rafa's first year were woeful but the way went about teams at Anfield gave you the belief that things were going to better. There's been nothing this season to suggest that an improvement is going to happen. If we get beat next week, he should just do the honourable thing and fall on his sword.

I don't remember Roy Hodgson taking Fulham to the title, breaking up the Chelsea/United domination in the process. Twice.

Thanks for making my point for me. Captain said he'd expect the board to explain what Hodgson could do for us when taking over and not to allude to what he'd done in his previous job.

Double standards.