You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the press conference to unveil Hodgson, Broughton quite clearly stated that Hodgson winning the Manager of the Year award was a factor in their decision. The question was, 'why did he get the job?'

So, it did answer the question.

So as a club we now follow the LMA manager of the year awards?

Should we try and appoint Slur or shit coat?

It was a facetious question and you know it. We as a club are (becoming) a laughing stock.

Is this a trick question? Or are you actually wondering if I want us to lose to the blueshite?

Not a trick question at all mate.

You didn't want Roy that is fair enough, no problem at all with that. What could be a problem though is the ''he is a dead man walking, thank fuck for that'', almost screams of I didn't want him here in the first place so I am glad he is failing and a bad result at Everton (of all places) could see the end of him.

He is a dead man walking right now but the thank fuck for that comment looks like you are revelling in his demise.

Would you like to be proved wrong?

So as a club we now follow the LMA manager of the year awards?

Should we try and appoint Slur or shit coat?

It was a facetious question and you know it. We as a club are (becoming) a laughing stock.

I thought the lad was genuinely searching for reasons why the board appointed him so I provided him with one. What's wrong with that?

I think I might have to draw a picture for quite a few people now?!

I was answering the question of why the board appointed Hodgson, not saying that it was an amazing achievement.

The board appointed Hodgson because of the MD dislike of Benitez,who continually undermined Benitez and drip feed his cronies in the press.

How refreshing to see the 2 journalist who weighed into the club last year,now back on side and blaming those dastardly Yank owners.

Last year it was the Managers fault that the team under performed,the owners don't pick the team,

fast forward 4 months and it's the owners fault,they've gave Roy no money and look at the pile of shite Rafa's left poor Roy with.

It's debatable whether Rafa's time was up.

What isn't debatable is to replace him with Hodgson,a manager who as never won a trophy of note,yet Rafa gets employed by the current European champions.

Cut off the head and there'll be nothing left. Don't know if you've noticed but the rest of them are shit. That's like saying NATO would be more effective if we expelled the United States.

I guess I value teamwork more, Blackpool don't have a Gerrard in their squad and yet they managed to beat us. I'd rather have a harmonious squad all working together than a disgruntled squad of fannies for the sake of 1 extra "world class" player (can we still call him that?).

In the press conference to unveil Hodgson, Broughton quite clearly stated that Hodgson winning the Manager of the Year award was a factor in their decision. The question was, 'why did he get the job?'

So, it did answer the question.

What would you expect Broughton/Purslow's justification for bringing in an inferior manager to be?

He's likely to keep his mouth shut when shafted on transfer budgets?

Yes, I did. What's your point?

Because your post

Gotta love how the TARTs are suddenly proclaiming the squad as shit. Last season it was opposite, they were shouting their heads off that Rafa wasn't getting the most out of the players and we should at least be expecting a title challenge. All we needed was a good man manager that could make the team perform as they should.

kinda hinted that you were not desperately unhappy with our performances.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Moyes right now than the current LFC manager.

I'd never admit it to a Bluenose,I've seen every manager since Shankly,

but in all the years I've watched the Reds this is the 1st time they've had a better manager than us!!

What would you expect Broughton/Purslow's justification for bringing in an inferior manager to be?

He's likely to keep his mouth shut when shafted on transfer budgets?

I'd fully expect them to give constructive reasons, like they did. Whether they are proven to be correct or not, is another matter.

Not a trick question at all mate.

You didn't want Roy that is fair enough, no problem at all with that. What could be a problem though is the ''he is a dead man walking, thank fuck for that'', almost screams of I didn't want him here in the first place so I am glad he is failing and a bad result at Everton (of all places) could see the end of him.

He is a dead man walking right now but the thank fuck for that comment looks like you are revelling in his demise.

Would you like to be proved wrong?

The thank fuck comment is about the new prospective owners probably firing him more or less instantly when they take over.

Instead of improving us, Hodgson's got us playing relegation football with relegation results. I have no doubts the new owners will get rid sharpish if the deal is concluded.

I know I would, if I was in the lucky position of being able to buy the club.

Constructive?

Jesus fucking wept.

You don't think it's constructive, when asked about why you appointed someone, to point to the fact that his fellow managers voted that he did the best job the previous season?

What would have been a constructive thing to say then?

You don't think it's constructive, when asked about why you appointed someone, to point to the fact that his fellow managers voted that he did the best job the previous season?

Brownie you understand the point, don't act daft.

He should never have been apointed, hence the shite the board came out with.

"We never considered Kenny"

And bollocks did he do the best job. 7 to 12.

I can't think of anything, as he should never have been appointed.

Brownie you understand the point, don't act daft.

He should never have been apointed, hence the shite the board came out with.

"We never considered Kenny"

And bollocks did he do the best job. 7 to 12.

Tell that to the Premier League managers who voted for him? Clearly they don't know as much as you though.

And don't accuse me of acting daft. The lad asked a question and I gave an answer.