You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Poulsen signing is a big pile of shite and that is all Hodgson's doing.

£4.5m i think is the fee we have rumoured to have paid.

Lucas is no worse then Poulsen and we signed a quality central player in Meireles yet Hodgson is playing him on the wing.

Lucas or Meireles in the centre alongside Gerrard and thats £4.5m right there towards a backup striker.

Why didn't the brain less dope,do a straight swap deal with Aquilanii for Poulson and save the club £4.5m which could have been better spent on other areas of the "over manned squad"

Well explain Dossena for £7m Aquallani for £20m Robbie Keane for £20m Babel for £11m Johnson for £17m.

Do me a favour coop lets not fuck Roy for wasting £4m on a defensive midfield player after 7 league games.

Easy,

Dossena loss £3m

Keane loss £6m

Babel loss approx £5m

Johnson loss approx £5m

Alonso profit £20m

Do I suspect from the pictures you've posted you wouldn't be averse to the King taking over?

If the new owners decided to make a change, i'd love to see Kenny in charge. I'm far from convinced that it would be successful and it would represent a big gamble, but i'd love to see him get another go because there is unfinished business.

I've just finished reading his new book as well which probably comes into it as well. I absolutely fucking love the man.

Can you just imagine what it would be like if he came in, got good backing from a good set of owners and won us the title? It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the mere possiblity of it. Imagine Kenny returning and knocking Fergie off his fucking perch...

If the new owners decided to make a change, i'd love to see Kenny in charge. I'm far from convinced that it would be successful and it would represent a big gamble, but i'd love to see him get another go because there is unfinished business.

I've just finished reading his new book as well which probably comes into it as well. I absolutely fucking love the man.

Can you just imagine what it would be like if he came in, got good backing from a good set of owners and won us the title? It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the mere possiblity of it. Imagine Kenny returning and knocking Fergie off his fucking perch...

Starting a game to boss Blackpool would be a start.

I agree completely on the aceness though.

Thats told you Durango, Negged by the forum mafia, you naughty naughty boy you, how will you sleep at night ?

I know,

It would be a lot easier if these Cunts where adolescent teenagers,but some of the cunts are approaching middle age.

I get told to grow up!!!!

Fuckin hell the age of the stupid twats

Nah nah nah nah,I've just NEGGED Durango,grow up ye stupid cunts.

Proper fuckin bellends!!!

Ye right BB,I won't kip tonight,those naughty boys off the Liverpool way have NEGGED me all day.

I can see Il Fenomeno's point regarding Alonso - if we'd signed someone just as good for £20M then it would have been great business; a like-for-like replacement and £10M profit. There would have been nothing wrong with that, as much as I love Alonso.

The fact of the matter is that his replacement was nowhere near as good and it's arguable if there is actually a player out there as good as Alonso in central midfield, so overall it was a poor decision at the time and has been proven as such since.

You could apply all of that to the change of manager.

Right to get rid of him, but replacement not up to the job = overall a poor decision to get rid of him.

The situation is made for such a scenario.

I suspect, alas, it may be too romantic a notion and we should consider a fresh start under a manager ready to build a legacy - with Kenny on the Board.

I know,

It would be a lot easier if these Cunts where adolescent teenagers,but some of the cunts are approaching middle age.

I get told to grow up!!!!

Fuckin hell the age of the stupid twats

Nah nah nah nah,I've just NEGGED Durango,grow up ye stupid cunts.

Proper fuckin bellends!!!

Ye right BB,I won't kip tonight,those naughty boys off the Liverpool way have NEGGED me all day.

Lay of the ale a bit more, some days you actually make very good original points.

You could apply all of that to the change of manager.

Right to get rid of him, but replacement not up to the job = overall a poor decision to get rid of him.

I know, and I said the same earlier. The difference with the Alonso situation to the Benitez one is the fact that there has been plenty of time to assess Alonso's replacement, but not yet Benitez's.

This board has changed drastically over the last 5/6 years. When Benitez first came in and was doing poorly to begin with, the resounding feeling on here was of patience. Now, it's the total opposite.

The situation is made for such a scenario.

I suspect, alas, it may be too romantic a notion and we should consider a fresh start under a manager ready to build a legacy - with Kenny on the Board.

It probably is too romantic but fuck it, it's alright to dream isn't it?

Because he's too slow and doesn't add enough goals/assists to the team, he also needs a even more defensive minded player next to him to be effective.

To put the transfer in perspective, Sneijder cost £13m, Alonso is not worth £30m, Madrid got robbed.

The only problem with the Xabi transfer was the replacement, as I said, the inital transfer was a good piece of business.

Oh dear.

I know, and I said the same earlier. The difference with the Alonso situation to the Benitez one is the fact that there has been plenty of time to assess Alonso's replacement, but not yet Benitez's.

This board has changed drastically over the last 5/6 years. When Benitez first came in and was doing poorly to begin with, the resounding feeling on here was of patience. Now, it's the total opposite.

I don't think that is a reflection on the board necessarily,

Rafa was welcomed to the club as a vibrant,successful manager who had whet our appetite through us seeing his 'crushing machine' in action.

This led to him being ( correctly ) given some leeway.

Hodgson came into the job with 35 years of mediocrity behind him & nothing special to recommend him except he was a 'steady-Eddie' who knew the Premiership inside-out & couldn't fail to better Benitez' last season efforts.

The fact this seems completely beyond him & his football makes Benitez look like Brazil's 1970 squad has led to a lot of unhappiness with him & while I still think he should be given certainly until Xmas, I can't criticise anybody who has had enough.