You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If they 'only' have to pay a years salary then i agree Marcus mate he is a 'dead man walking'.

I would imagine NESV if the get the club will spend a short time talking with senior players and staff at the club and see whether or not Hodgson is the man to spend the cash in Jan.

I think its posted that NESV do tend to have a manager who brings through youth etc so Hodgson can point to the youngsters he has put on the bench this season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be off quite quickly I imagine.

Who will replace him is an entirely different matter.

I asked this question on another forum. Should we replace him with Dalglish as a short term solution and then get a new manager in the summer or should we bring in a long term manager once we get rid of Roy, which I think will happen very soon?

I asked this question on another forum. Should we replace him with Dalglish as a short term solution and then get a new manager in the summer or should we bring in a long term manager now?

It's a big call.

If we get hit with 9 points then we need someone who can galvanise the troops. My number one choice over summer was Pellegrini. He still is - but is he the right man to bring in when you're up against the shit?

No idea, but in those circumstances I'd probably say KD would be the best man for the job.

It's a big call.

If we get hit with 9 points then we need someone who can galvanise the troops. My number one choice over summer was Pellegrini. He still is - but is he the right man to bring in when you're up against the shit?

No idea, but in those circumstances I'd probably say KD would be the best man for the job.

Pellegini is a good shout mate. But as you say is he the right man to bring in when you're up against it should we be hit with a 9 point deduction? I suggest we bring in Dalglish initially as a short term solution. If he does a really good job then we should consider giving it to him on a permanent basis. If not then I'd be tempted to bring in a new manager like Pellegrini. First choice would be Rafa but I don't want to get into a debate about him.

I asked this question on another forum. Should we replace him with Dalglish as a short term solution and then get a new manager in the summer or should we bring in a long term manager once we get rid of Roy which I think will happen very soon?

Its a tricky one. You would expect it to certainly bring the feel good factor back and it's what dreams are made of. However we need someone in for the long term with fresh ideas and signings that are here for the long haul.

Whilst i wouldn't expect Kenny to make any rash / woeful signings, the last thing we want is stops gaps and then a new manager having to rebuild in the summer. The rebuilding must start now.

Pellegrini has done a great job at both Villareal and Real Madrid.

At both clubs he had them playing great football and were difficult to beat.

He set a record for points total at Madrid didn't he yet was still sacked.

I can see the sense in appointing Dalglish but with the winter transfer window looming i would prefer us to be taking a long term view and allowing the manager funds to spend rather then a manager who is only going to be a short term appointment.

We could take a chance of looking at an up and coming manager such as Poyet but that might be too much of a gamble for us.

Either way i just hope any manager put in place has a philosphy to attack the opposition instead of the negative shite we are getting fed at the moment.

The King is definitely an attractive option for the galvanising influence he'd have, but I'd be more inclined to appoint somebody for the long term as there is still enough time left in the season to get something decent from it.

For me, it's got to be somebody with previous experience in the Premier League, so Hiddink would be my choice and I'd ask him to name his price.

He's not on £4m a year, half of that at best. Why have people gota a thing in for Konchesky he's a decent steady fullback who was only ever gona be here for a year or 2, he's better than insua dossena and agger in that position

"Less shit than..." isn't a qualification for a Liverpool player.

Guest TesticleOReilly
He's not on £4m a year, half of that at best. Why have people gota a thing in for Konchesky he's a decent steady fullback who was only ever gona be here for a year or 2, he's better than insua dossena and agger in that position

Last year Insua was the 2nd highest assisting left back in the league, behind only Ashley Cole. His problem was defending, and if you remember how many balls Fletcher and Rooney pinged across park into the huge swaths of space Konchesky gave Nani, then we haven't got much of an upgrade.

We all knew the boot didn't fit, didn't we.

I could see the rationale and appeal behind appointing Kenny Dalglish being brought in whilst going through a sales process, but I'd be similarly interested to hear why the likes of Pellegrini for instance were discounted.

I see Hodgson getting until Christmas to turn things around. I believe we'll be somewhere around mid-table by then. The only way he'll go beforehand is if we have a catastrophic series of results.

He's shit. He must wake up every morning laughing his bollocks off wondering how he managed to pull this off. Rafa would have been slated for signing him. Yeah better than doss and insua, but never fit to wear the red shirt.

I'd prefer a winner, rather than barring ourselves from hiring quality managers on the basis of criteria like PL experience. Hiddink only has a few months PL experience. 3 of the past 4 managers to win the Premier League had no long term Premier League experience prior to winning it. Wenger had one season, Mourinho and Ancelotti had no experience of the English game at all.

It's a big call.

This is pretty much exactly how I see it Dan. I like the way Pellegrini goes about setting his sides up and the way they play, but should we lose the Derby and are right in the mire anyway, plus the additional penalty of 9 points should the worst come to the worst, I'm wondering whether that is going to be a good set of circumstances under which to acclimatise him in English football.

I think Hodgson will be gone sooner rather than later, I take no joy or comfort in seeing a Liverpool manager fail, this isn't Rafa Benitez FC or Roy Hodgson FC though, he was brought in as he was English, experienced, knew our league, spoke the language and supposedly could just sit down and put the kettle on and get on with it short to mid short term. He hasn't done that, his brand of football is shit, the team is shit and we are in the shit.

Instead of waiting to see what happens because we feel that is what we should be doing, because 'that's what we do here', get rid, rectify the obvious mistake and give Kenny until the end of the season and then reappraise the situation.

Nothing against Roy, he seems a decent fella, I just don't like his football and he should be nowhere near here. I want the best for Liverpool Football Club and he most definitely isn't it.

I was against Kenny getting the job in the Summer up until the point when he came out and said either directly or indirectly that he actually wanted the job. Once he said that, he obviously thought he was the best candidate and felt he could do it, that was all we needed to know.

Kenny gets it with still 3/4 of the season to go and then in the Summer if our targets are then say Deschamps, Pellegrini, Loew, whoever etc....then they can come in officially from July 1st, beforehand if needs be to look around and get to know the place with the opportunity to have their own players in during the big transfer window and start with their own style of canvas. I see little point in pitching someone entirely unfamiliar with England, Liverpool and English football straight into a relegation scrap, that is a recipe for potential animosity and disaster. If this season is almost being written off before Xmas, then Kenny is the ship steadier for now, give Roy his years wages of 2m within 28 days, or whatever he is entitled to, wish him well and airbrush him from our long and illustrious history.

Hodgson is not on £4m a year, half of that at best. Why have people gota a thing in for Konchesky he's a decent steady fullback who was only ever gona be here for a year or 2, he's better than insua dossena and agger in that position

So why did we pay a wedge for him and give him a 4 year deal then? Konchesky is fucking shit, anybody with even the most basic knowledge of the game should be able to tell that if it's a relegation to mid table scrap you want every season, then you buy fucking rubbish like him and employ the Manager who brought him here.

The day we change our name to Wigan Athletic or Middlesbrough, then that is the day that he will be welcome here, same with the manager.