You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The landscape of then club the and now has changed. The most common dismissal of a good manager during the summer was that we're skint and the owners are cunts that nobody in their right mind would work for.

It remains to be seen what NESV's vision is but I'm afraid to be successful you often have to be ruthless.

Is 100% correct however I think they will have to get to know the club first so realistically Hodgson has to win the next 3 games to put pressure on the club not to sell him

Is 100% correct however I think they will have to get to know the club first so realistically Hodgson has to win the next 3 games to put pressure on the club not to sell him

How much do you reckon we'll get for him?

Talk about choking on a gnat and swallowing a camel! Its laughable how the hang-Rafa-crowd on here got their knickers in a twist whenever Rafa said something, yet they say "give him more time" when the 63 year old safe pair of hands keeps coming out with this ridiculous stuff.

The "safe pair of hands" are sweaty and trembling. It was always obvious that he was not up to the job. He got it through the incompetence of Purslow and Brougton who went beyond their brief as employees of the RBS charged with selling the club to interfere in footballing matters beyond their competence.

They should be sacked when Hodgson is sacked, if not sooner. It would be depressing if they are allowed to continue making football decisions. My guess is they won't.

He '(Hodgson) has always seen himself as an Arsene Wenger-style team builder rather than working on the Chelsea or Manchester City model of splashing the cash. (from the Mail)

This made me choke on my bacon buttie---Lets see we start with a couple of thirty plus no marks and build a team around them, just like Wenger did....He makes Newcastle fans seem realistic. I never thought I'd see the day when a Liverpool manager was pleased that Konchevsky was fit to play for us rather than delighted he was fit to play for the opposition.

think Konchesky and Poulsen are getting a little harshly done to to be honest, yes Hodgsons fucked up so far but both have been okay imo, Konchesky shouldnt be in a squad aiming for the top 4 at least and Poulsen shouldnt be a name high on the team sheet but I can't criticise them whilst the so called stars have been utterly shite and much worse than them

think Konchesky and Poulsen are getting a little harshly done to to be honest, yes Hodgsons fucked up so far but both have been okay imo, Konchesky shouldnt be in a squad aiming for the top 4 at least and Poulsen shouldnt be a name high on the team sheet but I can't criticise them whilst the so called stars have been utterly shite and much worse than them

Konchesky has been hit and miss, but Poulsen has been woeful.

must admit I havent been able to watch us live as much as usual so far this season (probably a blessing) but Poulsens always been steady, nothing wrong but nothing outstanding but what I will say about those two is they appear to be giving their all which although maybe not good enough doesnt deserve the shite they get but their efforts are more than what could be said for certain other extremely talented members of the side

You guys aren't giving NESV enough credit. They have a heavy focus on winning and employing the best in management. They will have analysed the structure of the club beforehand and mapped out possible replacements.

There's no way they signed on to this deal without sounding out replacements.

Konchesky has been hit and miss, but Poulsen has been woeful.

Yeah, Konchesky is a solid squad player, to be honest.... but Poulsen has been diabolical.

I couldn't believe the link before he signed, and then resigned that Roy had to know something that I didn't, but the signing is just... ridiculous. Scharner would have been smarter than Poulsen at this point.

Agreed... I'm pretty sure they're counting the days until Hodgson's replaced. We never expected Roy for a long term replacement, to be honest.

They'll give him the season unless he makes the decision for them i.e continuation of poor results.

In the meantime it gives Nesv time to get started on their work.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the meeting goes with the fans representative, (is this SOS?) and how they can be included within the club.

I'd also promote Kenny to the board asap this is to bring his footballing and community knowledge to the board.

Then I don't want to hear from them until stadium plans are unveiled and when we sign new players.

I'll give them until the end of the season re the stadium plans.

Now I'm really looking forward to supporting my team and discussing football!!

It's not ideal.

But a run of results at this stage sees you climb up the table.

He needs time, he deserves time.

No he really doesn't... He wants us to play crap football and win ugly... He plays not to loose and maybe scrap a win... It's not the Liverpool way, he needs to go.... Pass and move, high pressure, taking control of games is what we want, but his teams do not play that way, and that's why hodgson and liverpool are a match made in hell!!!