You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher who came out and said the minute he's out the team he'd leave and go somewhere else? Carragher who refused to play right back when asked? Carragher who plotted against the last manager? He's done alot of good for the club, but stop putting him on a pedestal.

FWIW i'd never slag Carragher for his performances on the pitch. Personally I think he's been a bit of a liability for two or three seasons (and brilliant for 3 or 4 before that) and forces us to defend too deep when in the team. But whenever he plays he gives 100% and that's all you can ask. If that's not good enough, then it's up to the manager to do something about it.

I find it funny that fans - and Carragher himself - slag Mascherano for crying off of the City game. Middlesbrough away anyone?

Not on a pedestal, just trying to wash away the ten tons of cow shit suddenly being flung at him.

One player's concern at the level of his own performance in an unfavoured position (and appearing in the match anyway) and one total fucking snide flatly refusing to play at all in order to get out of the club completely?

Yeah, that's the same.

FWIW? How about 'fuck all'?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many religious nutters on here, they've all come from a land called Rawk to spread their cult like views, their leader has been exiled to Milan and they blame anyone and everyone for his demise including one of Liverpool's greatest defenders who is on record as saying he has a lot of respect for Benitez, best to ignore these morons, sorry mormons.

What ever the amount of times you solely bang on about the previous manager i'd say you were obsessed

Thanks for the reasoned response.

Just so you can understand it, I will spell out what I have said:

The guy talks too much in the media about matters which are not his responsibility

It is well known amongst the media that he briefed aginst rafa having lost the dressing room

There are recent examples of him putting himself before the team

His form over the last few seasons has been generally quite poor

In my opinion, this idea that a player is the heart and soul of a team because he throws himself about when required is seriously flawed. The game demands a little more than that.

We have a general problem with player power versus players taking responsibility

Many are blinded by this because Carra is a local lad who had two/three good seasons under rafa at centre back and because, imo, he has carefully cultivated his image in the media

Why so many here feel Carra can do no wrong and that to criticise him is an offence meriting horrific personal abuse is, unfortunately, not difficult to understand.

You may not agree with me but my opinion is honestly held and should not be discounted as a vendetta - I was at his testimonial dinner and did not even get one shot off.

Yours sincerely,

Bad bellend.

You make some valid points but then again you coulda done it without the cunts and gobshites thrown in at Carra Soleilrouge, maybe then this coulda been a more constructive thread without all the usual insults being thrown backwards and forwards......yawn!!

A glittering career and still a talented player fucked off because of one "ar ey do I fucking have to?" Funny how he stepped into the breach a fortnight later at Old Trafford though, eh? What a cunt.

I'm so so glad you have fuck all to do with the running of this club. There are 101 reasons for Rafa's downfall; the problem is that too many fans do not include Rafa Benitez in any of them.

My recollection is that by the final game of his 8-game stint in December and January he was being torn a new one, this was largely because Rafa did not have the foresight to have a 2nd-stringer for Arbeloa. His concerns, especially against Downing, were genuine. As it turned out, the younger man Skrtel fared little better than Carragher would have done. Putting El Zhar in front of him rather than Kuyt didn't help.

And where was Kuyt? Up front. Why? Because Torres was injured. Why didn't we have a better forward? Because Rafa had sold Robbie Keane.

But we'll not touch on whether he used his most experienced player, his captain in all but name, as a smokescreen to deflect oncoming criticism for this elementary error.

Because he told Dion Fanning he always protected his players and his team, always.

And Rafa is an honourable man......

You've really jumped into the deep end recently, as far as Rafa is concerned.

He reads the different posts about Carragher and I'm the one off the deep end?

Christ......

I didn't just mean in this thread, it's become a consistent theme that whenever his name is brought up, you tend to be the most active poster in the thread. I understand you're trying to bring perspective and balance to certain situations but it is beginning to read like an agenda.

I would agree that there have been some, erm, questionable comments about Carragher but crazy people saying crazy things isn't exactly surprising.

Bad bellends on here.

He has just as much (I would say more) right to come out and comment on the takeover as us fans do.

I can't believe the shit he regularly gets on here by the same people. Go and have a read about the stuff he has done for the city and the kids of the city.

Stop with the personal insults towards him, it just makes you look even more stupid than we already know you are.

We're also shite when he doesn't play at centre back. He needs to be in there organising the back four from the middle. Blackpool was an example of this. Him not being in the centre was one of the reasons we were so open at the back.

This post made me laugh out loud! Thy hypocrisy screaming from it literally made me guffaw!

Jamie Carragher has been a liability in the defence for 2 years running now, yet no manager has the courage to remove him from the starting eleven and fans barely question his status in the starting eleven. until we get rid of players like carragher we will remain far far away from top4

Jamie Carragher has been a liability in the defence for 2 years running now, yet no manager has the courage to remove him from the starting eleven and fans barely question his status in the starting eleven. until we get rid of players like carragher we will remain far far away from top4

This is utter nonsense. Despite Carra's failings he's our best defender.

Now I agree that's a sad state of affairs but don't blame him for the other candidates being either shit, or inconsistent.

I read through that opening post waiting for the punchline and was astounded when it never came.

Carra is a passionate red, more passionate than probably 99% of lads in the street. He feels defeat more deeply than anyone at that club, and he takes joy in success - crucially -for the fans and not just for himself, unlike most players these days.

He cares deeply about the club and - when asked his opinion - won't hold back. He's a fucking legend, and I hope he stays at the club - in one role or another - for the rest of his professional life.

He's also a lot sharper than he's given credit for. I wonder how many players these days are passionate enough about their views to actually donate thousands to a politician (Andy Burnham) in a leadership race that they have no chance of winning?

It disgusts me to hear people slating him just because he's slowing down a bit. People have short memories and should think back to the times in the CL and FA cup finals when he stretched to stop certain goals and injured himself in the process. He's a warrior, as close to 'old school' as the Premiership has seen in recent times.

When you hear shit like this it makes you realise why players we call 'mercenary' no longer have any compunction about ditching a club and looking after themselves. We slate the like of Mascherano for fucking off, but then turn on someone like Carra who has devoted his entire professional life to us. Loyalty should go two ways. Fucking shameless.

Carra a legend and should be treated with respect but if he's not performing, should be bench like any others till he up his game. That said everyone's bad for the past few games

there are quite a few disturbed people who need to feel that carra is some sort of benevolent football-playing god who loves them

I dont need his love

I need him to put his efforts into improving on the pitch

please read the link below

Carragher says Benitez brawling hurt Liverpool image | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

the defence rests your honour

Well given defence is so important I'd work from the back forward but it doesn't matter WHEN we look at Carra, it matters that he gets a pass for being Carra. Everyone should earn their position each year.

I could write a list of at least 20 cbs I'd rather have in our league than Carragher regardless of what he did in the past. It's harsh but it's just life, no one can be at the top forever.

Go on then.