You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can I add one point to the anti-Carra rebuttals? Playing in a shite defence does not make you a shite player or even a great player in decline. Jamie Carragher, with players of a comparable quality around him at the back (and there are none at the club right now), will be a mainstay of the first team for a long while yet.

It defies belief to suggest that age is making him worse when his game has always been based on intelligence, organisation and leadership rather than qualities like pace or aerial ability that can desert a player as his legs get more weary with age. I mean, he's 32 for fuck's sake - hardly a pensioner, is he?

Carra is a legend for things he has done. The man commited his whole life to Liverpool Football Club. This club made him a millionaire, but he loves it here and always gave 101 %.

He has never been a world class defender ( few Scousers think so, but as man living outside of U.K. I talk mostly with LFC fans whore not Local), just a good defender but he always worked hard and gave his all. To call him cunt is a disgrace.

But to tal about players who play around him as being worse is utter shit. Maybe our Left Back spot is questionnable but the rest of defence is better than Jamie for 2-3 years now. If there played Arbeloa, Johnson, Skrtel or Hyppia, in longer term Jamie always comes out as the poorest since 2007.

He deserves his legend status, must be treated with respect, but he no more can be a starter cause makes people around him look worse than they are for mor than 30 months now.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are quite a few disturbed people who need to feel that carra is some sort of benevolent football-playing god who loves them

I dont need his love

I need him to put his efforts into improving on the pitch

please read the link below

Carragher says Benitez brawling hurt Liverpool image | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

the defence rests your honour

And Carra there is 110% correct.

I would agree that there have been some, erm, questionable comments about Carragher but crazy people saying crazy things isn't exactly surprising.

You used the word 'agenda' before, another poster on a different thread said 'ulterior motives'. I asked him what he meant and didn't get an answer. I'm curious what people think I'm up to.

I think some people are crazy, of course, but as it gets harder and harder to determine who actually means what they say and who is just pissing people off for its own sake or simply cracked it's driving more sensible, sincere people (for whatever 'side' they belong to) away.

Some absolute crap being spouted on this thread. Thank god for goatie who has the time and inclination to respond.

+1 Just wanna chip in and say that although I have neither the patience or the inclination to argue with the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists and the "a sandwich or two short of a picnic" element myself... I do appreciate you fighting the good fight goatboy59. Especially as (quite tragically) you seem to be just about out-numbered but y'know it is a full moon at present...

if I could rep you I would.

there are quite a few disturbed people who need to feel that carra is some sort of benevolent football-playing god who loves them

I dont need his love

Carragher says Benitez brawling hurt Liverpool image | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

FFS you're like the Jehova's witness who won't go away despite you dropping all the hints. Can't you just accept that you've lost any credibility. You're opening post called him amongst other things:

"Mr Liverpool, the ultimate bullshit merchant, credible only because of his accent , a liability who's do or die actions were only caused by his poor positional play"

And now you expect us to read your subsequent posts?????

Carragher an Evertonian from an Evertonian family was lucky to have been picked of the street by LFC and given a decent education and a wage far beyond his wildest dreams.

His playing career got off to a rocky start, and then he settled into life as a mediocre full back with very limited game intelligence or technical skills but with some physical strength, enough pace, and a fighting spirit.

It was only when Rafa came on the scene that he was raised to a new level as a centre back and there was marginal improvement in his game intelligence and his technical skills.

In the last two years or more his pace is no longer adequate. He has tried to compensate for his failing powers by developing the role of "organizer" - which is an euphemism for snarling and shouting at other players most of whom are better than he.

He has also become increasingly active promoting himself as a "senior player" and "future manager" - the latter being particularly fanciful . He plays media politics (1) about his own contract (2) about whoever the manager is.

He is anxious about his imminent future as an ex-journeyman player and is actively testing the media pundit market and the restaurant trade.

His views on Rafa and LFC are shallow, ignorant and boring. As a scouser he does not represent me or any of the Liverpool people I know. His frequent sermons on all-things LFC are self-serving.

Unfortunately, we will continue to hear from him well after he has stopped playing, because he is a big mouth, and like many of the ex-Liverpool players, he will try to continue to make money off the club and enjoy its perks by carping about it.

I dont need his love

[benitez brawling hurt Liverpool image | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com]

Whether it's right or wrong for carra to speak out to the press, he's 100% correct, benitez brawling DID hurt our image & give us unnecessary negative media glare on/off the pitch

You used the word 'agenda' before, another poster on a different thread said 'ulterior motives'. I asked him what he meant and didn't get an answer. I'm curious what people think I'm up to.

I think some people are crazy, of course, but as it gets harder and harder to determine who actually means what they say and who is just pissing people off for its own sake or simply cracked it's driving more sensible, sincere people (for whatever 'side' they belong to) away.

You do seem to feel a need to continually 'redress the balance' and point out the blinkers for those who think/thought Rafa could do no wrong. I've commented on it before. You do have a point but you've now made the point so many times it's really irritating to read, plus you never comment on the other side, where the slagging of Rafa has got to ridiculous levels.

I don't get why you feel the need to keep repeating yourself about it - it reads like you either can't stand Rafa getting praise or that you are on some sort of mad crusade to bring balance to the forum. Look around, it's not going to happen.

You do seem to feel a need to continually 'redress the balance' and point out the blinkers for those who think/thought Rafa could do no wrong. I've commented on it before. You do have a point but you've now made the point so many times it's really irritating to read, plus you never comment on the other side, where the slagging of Rafa has got to ridiculous levels.

I don't get why you feel the need to keep repeating yourself about it - it reads like you either can't stand Rafa getting praise or that you are on some sort of mad crusade to bring balance to the forum. Look around, it's not going to happen.

But there's a difference between redressing a balance as you put it and instigating the shitfest in the first place, yeah?

So agenda, ulterior motive, mad crusade. Any more?

So loads of people put an incessant stream of cack on the forum, anyone steps in to 'redress the balance' and line two of the attack is "oh stop going on about it".

Fucking laughable.

Would be interesting to see if the same people chastising Carra for the Boro/Right Back situation what their take was on that little Argie pricks refusal to play was.

His "dream move" has gone well so far hasn't it? Cunt.

They were both cuntish things to do.

One player tried to force through his move to Barcelona, and one player thought he was above the last manager. As it turns out he was.

Whether it's right or wrong for carra to speak out to the press, he's 100% correct, benitez brawling DID hurt our image & give us unnecessary negative media glare on/off the pitch

So why does Jamie Carragher come out and say how Alex Ferguson is the man he respects most in football for the way he conducts himself, when he's the biggest cunt in the game?

Regardless of your opinion on Rafa - and christ I know he's despised on here -who acts the bigger cunt overall - Alex Ferguson or Rafa Benitez?

When the likes of Allardyce and Bruce complain about Rafa or Liverpool it's all to win brownie points with Alex Ferguson. The game-over gesture - was that Benitez brawling or Allardyce and Ferguson being cunts?

"The defence rests".

God, I hope you're representing Hicks next week!

Are you saying that his media statement what other people think of the club acheives something relevant?

Are you suggesting Carra is right to be worried about what steve bruce and Martin O'Neill think?

Does it not suggest Carra is not fully focused on his own performances as a player which most agree are not of the required standard?

At best this statement is the equivalent of an hystericla lady running into the streets screaming' will someone please think of the children'? At worst, it is another obvious attempt for Carra to present himself as somehow being the continuance of the liverpool way.

My view is that the liverpool way is more about what is happening on the pitch and not what is going on in the media or in Steve bruce or martin o'neills head.

By the way, I wont be representing Hicks as he cannot afford me.

This kind of stuff from Carragher is similar to the similarly cultivated image of ' he's very knoweldgeable about football and watches alot of continental football on tv'.

Its bullshit - plain and simple bullshit and the world is full of it.

Edited by Soleilrouge

+1 Just wanna chip in and say that although I have neither the patience or the inclination to argue with the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists and the "a sandwich or two short of a picnic" element myself... I do appreciate you fighting the good fight goatboy59. Especially as (quite tragically) you seem to be just about out-numbered but y'know it is a full moon at present...

if I could rep you I would.

See, I just don't regard it as a 'fight' but a discussion. I came here more often because believe it or not the most lucid defence of Rafa was always on here. 'My' forum is deathly quiet and der rattle and rawk are almost totally insane. It's like entering Colonel Kurtz's compound on there!

Acceptance of his faults but an appreciation that for the most part he got the job done, that was largely what was being posted and with some reservations (I always feared the madness would get the best of him in the end) I agreed with that.

It's rank conspiracy to see all roads leading back to him I suppose, but it does seem to be getting worse the longer he's gone.

Which is a bit weird.

If everyone's fucked off to this MF, bully for them. Does seem to be conceding defeat, like.

That makes it sound like a fight doesn't it?

Damn......

Are you saying that his media statement what other people think of the club acheives something relevant?

Are you suggesting Carra is right to be worried about what steve bruce and Martin O'Neill think?

Does it not suggest Carra is not fully focused on his own performances as a player which most agree are not of the required standard?

At best this statement is the equivalent of an hystericla aldy running into the streets screaming' will someone please think of the children'? At worst, it is another obvious attempt for Carra to present himself as somehow being the continuance of the liverpool way.

My view is that the liverpool way is more about what is happening in the street and not what is going on in the media or in Steve bruce or martin o'neills head.

By the way, I wont be representing Hicks as he cannot afford me.

I'd be more inclined to think the hysteria and screaming is on the other side, this "they're all part of Fergie's gang sticking it to Rafa because he stood up to him" which has more conspiracy theory than fact. Carragher's opinion may be that they can't all be wrong and sly (I thought Bruce had a point about Jones, for one), and that when our manager was "focussed on training and coaching" his team that was when he was at his best.

Just a thought...

I'd be more inclined to think the hysteria and screaming is on the other side, this "they're all part of Fergie's gang sticking it to Rafa because he stood up to him" which has more conspiracy theory than fact. Carragher's opinion may be that they can't all be wrong and sly (I thought Bruce had a point about Jones, for one), and that when our manager was "focussed on training and coaching" his team that was when he was at his best.

Just a thought...

Bruce over Kenwyn Jones arguably had a point. But it was also rumoured that Carragher and Gerrard helped tap up Robbie Keane - the Tottenham player. Was that dignified?

But with that class and dignity shite that Carragher was coming out with, he sounds more like an Everton manager than anything else. Maybe he should replace Moyes at Everton, and then he can ask Rafa who he thinks those "senior sources" are that went behind his back and effectively got him sacked, and then replaced by a man who isn't up to the job.

Just a thought...

Can you address the points raised one by one as I think your above resposne is a fudge designed to somehow involve the Benitez argument. My point is about Carra and not Benitez.

Bruce over Kenwyn Jones arguably had a point. But it was also rumoured that Carragher and Gerrard helped tap up Robbie Keane - the Tottenham player. Was that dignified?

But with that class and dignity shite that Carragher was coming out with, he sounds more like an Everton manager than anything else. Maybe he should replace Moyes at Everton, and then he can ask Rafa who he thinks those "senior sources" are that went behind his back and effectively got him sacked, and then replaced by a man who isn't up to the job.

Even I've reached the end of my patience now. See ya.