You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned about the power Carragher and Gerrard wield at LFC (this is partly why we've got a muppet as manager), and the underhand way he went behind Rafa's back to the likes of Bascombe and Talksport was distasteful to say the least - whether Rafa should have gone or not. He became the mole in the dressing room, just like Ince did to Houllier.

But fair play to him if he wants to welcome the new owners, but we want to avoid player power. Shanks would never have stood for it.

"Boys, you know they are all greedy"

"Not Carragher, though?"

"Yes, him too".

It seems that the loyalty Rafa and his acolytes expected from players wasn't forthcoming from him the other way, in addition to the backstabbing that went on because of the right back conundrum at Middlesbrough; "Skrtel wanted to a job for the team", more or less telling outsiders that the player who'd given his all for 15 years, including nearly full seasons in both full back positions, who played right back at least ten times that very season and most recently played left back v Blackpool was not capable of doing the same.

I've no idea whether what you claim is true or not, I suspect people like Bascombe and Winter are capable of coming to their own conclusions, but it is still astonishing that some fans expect players to take whatever shit the manager throws at them without complaint or comeback.

Very few players bemoaned the departure of Rafa, not just the two you name.

Carra can do no wrong in my eyes, and has earnt the right to do and say whatever the fuck he wants. People bang on about Daniel Agger but he can't string three games together without getting injured. I'd give Carragher a three year contract tomorrow.

Welll thank goodness you're not making the tough decisions.

I like Carragher and I feel he was a great servant to the club, but his time is past and needs to take a lesser role and allow for the next set to come take the lead. Let's be honest, the Greek's been more effective this year so far. Skrtel's been a big improvement also.

Part of getting to the top and staying there is to manage your people and knowing when to call time on a player who's best days are in the past.

"Boys, you know they are all greedy"

"Not Carragher, though?"

"Yes, him too".

It seems that the loyalty Rafa and his acolytes expected from players wasn't forthcoming from him the other way, in addition to the backstabbing that went on because of the right back conundrum at Middlesbrough; "Skrtel wanted to a job for the team", more or less telling outsiders that the player who'd given his all for 15 years, including nearly full seasons in both full back positions, who played right back at least ten times that very season and most recently played left back v Blackpool was not capable of doing the same.

I've no idea whether what you claim is true or not, I suspect people like Bascombe and Winter are capable of coming to their own conclusions, but it is still astonishing that some fans expect players to take whatever shit the manager throws at them without complaint or comeback.

Very few players bemoaned the departure of Rafa, not just the two you name.

Rergardless of what Jamie Carragher has given to Liverpool IMHO he should never have kicked another ball for Liverpool after refusing to play right-back at Middlesbrough.

Fucking disgraceful thing to do.

Rafa's downfall was not dealing with those who were working against him.

Carra always seems to start the season a bit slow so I think labelling him as being finished at the moment is a bit premature. He always comes on strong as the season goes on.

I would make him wait for his contract every season now though, no rush just see how he gets on by the season. Liverpool have always been on the button when it comes to telling a player when his career is finished at our club. I dont see why it should be any different with Carra.

When the time comes he needs to be told that theres no more contracts here and it may be best if he wants to carry on playing to carry on at a lower level.

I think labelling him finished is early though, as I said earlier he gets stronger as the season goes on. And I wouldn't even say hes been our worst centre half this season so would be looking at the ones who have been worse instead.

Rergardless of what Jamie Carragher has given to Liverpool IMHO he should never have kicked another ball for Liverpool after refusing to play right-back at Middlesbrough.

Fucking disgraceful thing to do.

Rafa's downfall was not dealing with those who were working against him.

A glittering career and still a talented player fucked off because of one "ar ey do I fucking have to?" Funny how he stepped into the breach a fortnight later at Old Trafford though, eh? What a cunt.

I'm so so glad you have fuck all to do with the running of this club. There are 101 reasons for Rafa's downfall; the problem is that too many fans do not include Rafa Benitez in any of them.

My recollection is that by the final game of his 8-game stint in December and January he was being torn a new one, this was largely because Rafa did not have the foresight to have a 2nd-stringer for Arbeloa. His concerns, especially against Downing, were genuine. As it turned out, the younger man Skrtel fared little better than Carragher would have done. Putting El Zhar in front of him rather than Kuyt didn't help.

And where was Kuyt? Up front. Why? Because Torres was injured. Why didn't we have a better forward? Because Rafa had sold Robbie Keane.

But we'll not touch on whether he used his most experienced player, his captain in all but name, as a smokescreen to deflect oncoming criticism for this elementary error.

Because he told Dion Fanning he always protected his players and his team, always.

And Rafa is an honourable man......

A glittering career and still a talented player fucked off because of one "ar ey do I fucking have to?" Funny how he stepped into the breach a fortnight later at Old Trafford though, eh? What a cunt.

I'm so so glad you have fuck all to do with the running of this club. There are 101 reasons for Rafa's downfall; the problem is that too many fans do not include Rafa Benitez in any of them.

My recollection is that by the final game of his 8-game stint in December and January he was being torn a new one, this was largely because Rafa did not have the foresight to have a 2nd-stringer for Arbeloa. His concerns, especially against Downing, were genuine. As it turned out, the younger man Skrtel fared little better than Carragher would have done. Putting El Zhar in front of him rather than Kuyt didn't help.

And where was Kuyt? Up front. Why? Because Torres was injured. Why didn't we have a better forward? Because Rafa had sold Robbie Keane.

But we'll not touch on whether he used his most experienced player, his captain in all but name, as a smokescreen to deflect oncoming criticism for this elementary error.

Because he told Dion Fanning he always protected his players and his team, always.

So why didn't Carragher refuse to play there at Old Trafford as well?

I don't think Benitez is perfect by any means, but you can't have that level of player power and be succesful. It doesn't matter who the manager is.

Rafa fucked up over Robbie Keane basically by signing him in the first place, but wasn't that another thing Stevie and Carra had a hand in? They certainly helped tap him up.

Whether it's Hodgson or the next manager, we won't be succesful while there's players running the show.

I agree with the first post on this thread. I have been saying it on here for a long time receiving the ritual negs every time, from the same people who were most vitriolic in their attacks on Rafa. There is a connection between the anti-Rafa crazies on TLW and Carragher.

He has taken it upon himself to undermine Rafa. He fed Bascombe and TLW and Purslow and various ex-players and malcontents a constant stream of biased judgements and gossip. Of course his main motivation is money. He wants a new 2-3 contract at a time when his playing skills and prospects don't deserve it. He is trading on the "scouse backbone" tribalism that the media have attached to him - offering himself as a spokesman on every aspect of the club and the league on a weekly and even daily basis. He failed spectacularly to criticise the owners - even while he was sticking the knife in Rafa- and his two statements in the last week are self serving - hoping to position himself in a good light with the new owners.

He has been very well paid and rewarded by LFC, he was backed solidly by Rafa, picked more than any other player. He is one of the main reasons the team did badly last year (along with Gerrard). His punting and snarling is one of the more unpleasant aspects of the club.

He will be gone eventually - the sooner the better.

Think I might print that off and post that.

One the few players who opinion I actually respect, care about and listen to, speaks more sense than 90% of the people at the club and tells it how it is. As far as worrying about how much 'power' he has as far as I'm concerened I won't be statisfied till he has the power of the manager of LFC, he's a seriously good asset to this club in so many ways.

If/When he is the manager it will be a totally different matter. A player who is not performing to the standard required and ageing should not be telling everyone he's off if he doesn't get played if he really cares about the team.

I love the lad for what he's done, I respect him immensely but the sad fact of the matter is he's not as good as he was and we need to move on. I believe he still has a role to play just not continual first team.

If you don't think he can perform at the top level, fair enough.

But those who have got personal and slagged him off for having an opinion on a possible solution to our current predicament you can fuck right off.

We have some fucking bellends following us.

You should know you're clearly one. What the fuck did I say that deserved your personal response to me. Oh and Silverlining who the fuck are you to tell me to shut the fuck up. Some proper dickheads on here, do you talk to people like this face to face? Nah I doubt it.

If/When he is the manager it will be a totally different matter. A player who is not performing to the standard required and ageing should not be telling everyone he's off if he doesn't get played if he really cares about the team.

I love the lad for what he's done, I respect him immensely but the sad fact of the matter is he's not as good as he was and we need to move on. I believe he still has a role to play just not continual first team.

Oh so we're naming players that shouldn't be in the first team now, right, yeah so I'd say there's what 10, 15 players hat need to be looked at before Carra ??

You should know you're clearly one. What the fuck did I say that deserved your personal response to me. Oh and Silverlining who the fuck are you to tell me to shut the fuck up. Some proper dickheads on here, do you talk to people like this face to face? Nah I doubt it.

You're such a sensitive little pussy.

And yes, that's aimed at you.

So why didn't Carragher refuse to play there at Old Trafford as well?

I don't think Benitez is perfect by any means, but you can't have that level of player power and be succesful. It doesn't matter who the manager is.

Rafa fucked up over Robbie Keane basically by signing him in the first place, but wasn't that another thing Stevie and Carra had a hand in? They certainly helped tap him up.

Whether it's Hodgson or the next manager, we won't be succesful while there's players running the show.

Yeah, that's not really true is it?

We'll also get nowhere if players do every single thing they're told without daring to even breath in the manager's direction.

As I've said to you before elsewhere, it is a collective effort and I know this pains you very much but the manager is important; he is NOT and nor should he ever be the be-all and end-all of a football club.

Now you want to give to Steven and Jamie a hand in Keane's transfer?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

By the way, this 'action' you wanted him to take to stave off his downfall. Did this include fucking off Gerrard as well as Carragher?

Yeah, good luck with cancelling that downfall, lad. Get rid of the world class player that's saved your arse on so many occasions they cannot be counted.

I'm sorry you've lost your loved one, I really am, it must be heartbreaking for you, but tearing into one of our best servants - for the record I do think he's on the wain but not until there are better replacements available should he go - is not the way to express it.

Oh so we're naming players that shouldn't be in the first team now, right, yeah so I'd say there's what 10, 15 players hat need to be looked at before Carra ??

Well given defence is so important I'd work from the back forward but it doesn't matter WHEN we look at Carra, it matters that he gets a pass for being Carra. Everyone should earn their position each year.

I could write a list of at least 20 cbs I'd rather have in our league than Carragher regardless of what he did in the past. It's harsh but it's just life, no one can be at the top forever.

Shut the fuck up.

And I don't talk to people like you face to face, because I avoid conversation with mongs

How much longer must this SHITE be swallowed about Carragher leaking poison to certain journalists about the ex-manager?

The man is a legend and his work and service for our club and city should earn him more respect than the disgusting shite he is getting.

Has Donald Donaldson spawned a load of offspring lately who are infecting this site with shit like the nonsense Carragher is getting?

It is one thing questioning his ability these days as Skidfingers says but some of the hateful bile coming his way is appalling.