You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks on the offensive

BurtReynolds

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hicks doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If he does - i'll gladly break it for him. The cunt.

As Tom Canon said Hicks is on the verge of losing $144 million, so he can'tjust walk away from it. He has made an investment which is going to lose him money and he doesn't like it, so instead of walking away with some dignity he is walking away demanding money.

Tom Canon said he doesn't think Hicks will win but he wouldn't be shocked if the Judge sided with Hicks.

Doctor, Nurse whatever cannon calls himself is an idiot, in a 2 horse race he fancys 1 but wants a side bet on the other.

If Hicks had broken the written agreements he gave to Bar Cap/RBS in April that's the only thing that matters. Broughton has handled the whole situation since April in a manner that can only be described as professional and with the class at boardroom level our club hadn't seen since pre moores days. And now he's given Hicks a kick in the bollocks better than any of us could have forseen

As Tom Canon said Hicks is on the verge of losing $144 million, so he can'tjust walk away from it. He has made an investment which is going to lose him money and he doesn't like it, so instead of walking away with some dignity he is walking away demanding money.

Tom Canon said he doesn't think Hicks will win but he wouldn't be shocked if the Judge sided with Hicks.[/QUOTE]

the last bit makes no sence... I dont think he will win but wouldnt be surprised if he did...

strange thing to say...

Doctor, Nurse whatever cannon calls himself is an idiot, in a 2 horse race he fancys 1 but wants a side bet on the other.

If Hicks had broken the written agreements he gave to Bar Cap/RBS in April that's the only thing that matters. Broughton has handled the whole situation since April in a manner that can only be described as professional and with the class at boardroom level our club hadn't seen since pre moores days. And now he's given Hicks a kick in the bollocks better than any of us could have forseen

the chairman of Barcap is great friends with Henry and is a huge redsox fan... why would he say "now the times to buy" if its against the rules?

even if Hicks wins then Henry will go to rbs and offer to buy the debt... rbs will have to ask Barcap for permission as they are in charge of sale process...hhhmmm should i agree to sell to my mate or some dickhead cowboy that owes us money and is doing all he can to screw up all of our hard work??? HENRY WINS....

then once he Henry has controll of the debt, Hicks then owes him... good luck with that... Henry calls in the debt and or now he controls the board votes to sell the club to.... HIMSELF and Hicks gets fcuked over either way...

the only downside is if hicks can raise the funds... but even then its down to Barcap who the take the cash off (or so im led to believe) so it goes back to Henrys mate to decide....

Tom Canon said he doesn't think Hicks will win but he wouldn't be shocked if the Judge sided with Hicks.[/QUOTE]

the last bit makes no sence... I dont think he will win but wouldnt be surprised if he did...

strange thing to say...

It does make sense, what he is saying is that in his opinion Hicks will not win, but if the judge sides with Hicks then he wont be shocked,he said he will be surprised, but not shocked.

The thing is though even if Hicks wins the case then the bank will then call the debt in. NESV can then buy the debt of the bank and then put the club into administracion, and sell the club to another vehicle that they own.. When Broughton said the this option is the best option for Hicks this is what he was talking about becuase instead of Hicks dealing with the banks he will be dealing with NESV who he will owe the money too.

Yes they are.

The question isn't which company is being bought but which company has to approve the sale. I haven't seen anything which makes it clear one way or the other. All I remember is hearing is Broughton making a point of saying the sale would be conducted at the Kop level which makes me wonder? Do they have an out?

Broughton was appointed to the board of LFC with the specific remit to sell it. He's not trying to sell KF which is why there was no vote on that.

Of course the desperate Leeches are going to try to muddy the waters with this type of forked tongue speech but the spirit of the agreement is in those articles.

Yeah, but that's is LFC.

It is the board of KF which G&H claim to have altered.

But can the alteration of KF's articles been done without the bank's permission?

Seems impossible to me. You can't set the articles fo LFC and then circumnavigate them by going through the parent when the mood suits you when you're in hoc to the bank.

I would imagine they would have to get bank approval to change them.

Broughton was appointed to the board of LFC with the specific remit to sell it. He's not trying to sell KF which is why there was no vote on that.

Of course the desperate Leeches are going to try to muddy the waters with this type of forked tongue speech but the spirit of the agreement is in those articles.

Our legal system is built on muddy waters and forked tongue speech I'll have you know!

Is this old news?

Premier League Statement - Liverpool FC

The Premier League has released a statement regarding the latest developments at Liverpool Football Club.

The Board of the Premier League has been kept fully informed of developments regarding the potential sale of Liverpool FC by the Chairman and senior Executives of the Club and has, accordingly, been made aware of a number of potential prospective owners in recent weeks.

We can confirm that Liverpool FC has formally notified the Premier League of an intended change of control and that the Board has undertaken to complete all the necessary processes by Friday 8th October so that the sale of the Club can proceed.