You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks on the offensive

BurtReynolds

I am not sure he'll quite be laughing £70m odd or more out of pocket.

he loses that much now anyway, he might as well take us down with him

its not clear cut if we will or wont lose the points at the moment but if I was him I know I'd be chancing it

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon is wrong to say he will lose $144 million. He will lose roughly half of that since he and Gillet are 50-50. Furthermore, most, if not all of that, is borrowed money. If it is lost it will be his creditors who will lose it - not Hicks.

I'm not sure if that money includes the 10% interest they were charging the club for the money they "loaned" which they had borrowed from other lenders at a lower rate of interest. In any case they cannot say it was a loan and at the same time say they "invested" it.

Do you mean that in the sense that we wouldn't lose 9 points after going into administration, or we can't afford to lose 9 points because we are shit this season?

We officially can't lose 9 points. Because the company (KopHoldings) is in debt but not the club directly, i'm not sure of the term but I believe this to be the case.

The same thing happened with West Ham and Portsmouth last season.

We officially can't lose 9 points. Because the company (KopHoldings) is in debt but not the club directly, i'm not sure of the term but I believe this to be the case.

The same thing happened with West Ham and Portsmouth last season.

Yep it's been well trailed on the wireless, the Premier League have said the club won't get a 9 point deduction becuause it is solvent.

The thing is that with months of prior knowledge of this potential scenario Hicks' legal team have been looking for loopholes. Maybe they have finance arranged and if they can prove they can pay RBS back in court. The judge will back them.

The Judge won't look at that - the case will consider ONLY the legality of the sale by the board made up of Broughton, Ayre and Purslow.

There's a difference between understanding the rules of football and company law. Broughton is the current deputy president of the CBI, its former president, as well as the chairman of British Airways. Whilst this doesn't necessarily mean the ruling will fall in our favour, the bloke clearly knows his business onions.

Whilst that may be the case dont forget how broughton ended up here in the first place, hicks asked his mate klein to help him out, klein put him on to broughton, everybody who thinks broughton has whats best for lfc as we know it at heart, is living in cloud cuckoo land, he job was to help out hicks, not do him out of 70 mill, what he puts out in the media and whats going on behind closed doors dont necessarily have to be the same thing..