You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
It'll only work if we get back into the champions league in my opinion. There's no glamour about Liverpool at the moment. Battling mid table clubs and competing in the Europa simply while occasionally winning a domestic cup will really not attract the big spending business people to our club.

I don't think its about the area or the city the club is in personally.

I disagree and believe the fact that we're Liverpool and not London or Manchester plays a big part in the corporate demand for hospitality.

Is anyone else sick of this?

I am. We've been waiting for about 10 years for some positive news and still we're waiting. I have no problem with the new owners taking their time to ensure that they make the right decision but it's frustrating as fuck.

I've read up a bit on it tonight and it seems certain to me that the existing stadium will be redeveloped, which i'm all in favour of. There seems to be around 9 houses that need to be sorted out around Lothair Road and once they're done, we can make an accouncement (unless i'm missing anything else). I hope it's more than 60,000 though.

1.The club could build an Anny Road extension on the food village site and build over the road with consent. There's no need to close Anny road except during part of the build stage.

2.The plan for the Main Stand provides for at least one side of Lothar Street to be demolished, possibly both sides.

3.The Centenary could be extended by a few more rows but the returns on this versus the money spent raising the roof and sticking in another 5 to 10 rows would be marginal.

4.Major engineering work on the Kop roof would be required to add seats where the current stand cuts in on the way to the very top. Again, the returns are minmal but it can be done.

1.I agree that the Anny Rd can be bridged. It is not tue that there is no need to close it. An unbridged Anny Rd provides significant income generating space in that void - in the similar Holte End it is the two storey Holte Suite which provides 500 seat and 120 seat banqueting/conference space. A bridged Anny Rd loses that vital income, which impacts significantly on the viability not only of the stand, but the project too as it puts yet more pressure on the space in a new Main Stand.

2. Demolition on the Lothair Rd may be either for Right to Light or for an enlarged stand footprint. the problem with enlarging the footprint is that ever more additional land has to be acquired to satisfy Right to Light requirements.

3/4. Adding a few rows to the Centenary and Kop stands is uneconomic becuase of what you would have to do with the roof.

Can someone confirm if we sold out for our league home games then?

The official Barclays average attendance figure for us for last season was 44,253, our official capacity 45,522, a shortfall of 1,269. That figure is slightly misleading because of differing “firebreak” requirements for different visiting supports.

Currently we have around 26,000 ST holders, 4000 premium seats, and 3000 away fan provision, that leaves match day provision of only around 12,500. Many who might want tickets find the dearth of tickets combined with the cost of the membership scheme sufficient hassle to not even try, even when tickets may be available.

You know you can buy a club season ticket right now for the centenary or main stand, only £5k. How many more do we need if I can buy loads of them right now? The demand doesn't seem to be there.

Lower end premium seats, basically a normal seat and tea and coffee might work at £1000/season ticket but all of this corporate/club level stuff just isn't going to work for our fan base and catchment area.

You can get them far cheaper than that, £18-2000 should get you one.

If we get to 60-65k and stay at Anfield it would be almost worth the wait.

Fuck that parry bowl shit it's terrible and we'd only be taking it as we're desperate at this stage.

If you asked proper Arsenal fans about If they could take it back and redevelop Highbury or even stay there without redevelopment it would be interesting to hear what they say.Their new stadium looks brilliant and all but inside its strange it's like your at the cinema.

I don't fully understand this notion that we won't fill a new ground.

People forget that the club have been cleaning up the ST waiting list for a year now. Say there are, probably at the very least, 20k people who would take a ST up tomorrow. That's 65k, not including increased away allocations, an increase in general sale tickets, plus more corporate and executive seats and boxes. Maybe I am being naive but by clearing the ST list alone I reckon we'd be comfortable around the 70k mark. Someone a bit more clued up than me tell me if I am wrong.

With regard to 'right to light', doesn't it depend on the aspect of the houses affected? So (for example) if the houses are south-facing and residents' main living rooms face that way, if Anfield is to the rear of them, then the issue doesn't arise?

I don't fully understand this notion that we won't fill a new ground.

People forget that the club have been cleaning up the ST waiting list for a year now. Say there are, probably at the very least, 20k people who would take a ST up tomorrow. That's 65k, not including increased away allocations, an increase in general sale tickets, plus more corporate and executive seats and boxes. Maybe I am being naive but by clearing the ST list alone I reckon we'd be comfortable around the 70k mark. Someone a bit more clued up than me tell me if I am wrong.

I made a similar point yesterday but the problem is, we don't know how many of the people who buy tickets match-to-match are on the waiting list for a ST. We have 24,000 season ticket holder, so around 17,000 tickets are then for sale match-to-match. If 10,000 of the people who buy those tickets are on the list and then get a ST in a bigger stadium, we'd be decreasing the demand for the tickets that are for sale each match because we'd be taking a chunk of the buyers away from that market, if that makes sense?

I think the concern is that if we have 60,000 seats and then increase ST holders by 20,000 (making it 44,000 ST holders), we'd still have to sell about 13,000 tickets each match and the demand may just not be there. Or maybe it would be fine for 60,000 but not 70,000.

Half the people on the season ticket waiting list are either dead, dying, out of work now, forgot to update their existing address.

The list is a myth.

They have cleaned it up and there are around 35,000 on the list. Those people had to contact the club and pay £5 etc so it isn't a myth.

I made a similar point yesterday but the problem is, we don't know how many of the people who buy tickets match-to-match are on the waiting list for a ST. We have 24,000 season ticket holder, so around 17,000 tickets are then for sale match-to-match. If 10,000 of the people who buy those tickets are on the list and then get a ST in a bigger stadium, we'd be decreasing the demand for the tickets that are for sale each match because we'd be taking a chunk of the buyers away from that market, if that makes sense?

I think the concern is that if we have 60,000 seats and then increase ST holders by 20,000 (making it 44,000 ST holders), we'd still have to sell about 13,000 tickets each match and the demand may just not be there. Or maybe it would be fine for 60,000 but not 70,000.

I think that Ayre at the last supporters forum put the ST numbers at 26,000. There are an additional 4000 premium seats which comprise box-holders, lounge memberships and hospitality seats. Add 3000 away fans and that is only 12,500 match day tickets. Add membership restrictions and occasional match going is pretty much strangled out of the system which helps to bump up demand for the premium hospitality packages.

Increased demand is measurable by demand for boxes and existing hospitality packages and paid up members on the ST waiting list, a trawl which is still to be completed.

Factually, we are still the seond best supported club in English football history by average home attendance. Since Taylor our capacity has failed to cater for that.

Post 1990, football attendances generally, and in the North West, have grown massively. We are the worst performers in taking advantage of that:

1990 v 2009 av gate plus increase

Man U :39,331.... 75,304........35,973

Wigan: 2,769 .... 18350........ 15,581

Bolton 7292 ...... 22,486 .......15,194

Man City :27,975.. 42,899,.... 14,924

Blackburn 9,607.... 23,479..... 13,872

Everton: 26,353.. 35710..... 9357

LFC 36875......... 43611..... 6736

Blackpool 4,077.. 7,843 ..... 3,766

Total: 154279...... 269 682... 115,403

Av attendances rose by 75%

Share of North West Attendance 1990v 2009 and % change

Man U 25% ..28%.. +3%

LFC 24%.. 16% .. -8%

Man City 18% .. 16%.. -2%

Everton 17%.. 13% ..-4%

Blackburn 6% .. 9%.... +3%

Bolton 5% .. 9% .....+4%

Blackpool 3%... 3% ..... =

Wigan 2% ...3% ....+1%

Total increase in PL attendance in North West:115,403

LFC’s share of that increase: 6%

League Table of Increased Gate ( increase in average per club as a % of the overall increase in the period):

Man U 31%

Wigan 13%

Bolton 13%

Man City13%

Blackburn 12%

Everton 8%

LFC 6%

Blackpool 3%

League Table of percentage Increase in Gate:

Wigan 462%

Bolton 208%

Blackpool 183%

Blackburn 144%

Man U 91%

Man City 53%

Everton 36%

LFC 18%

That's the thing people need to get their facts right, there's 29000 season ticket holders. I think selling another 21000 season tickets would take it to 50000.

The Main stand is about 10,000 capacity, so I would assume that the new stand would have to have that on the lower tier, and 5-7,000 on the second tier, which would mean 50-55,000. I think that would be fine for a starting point.

The Main stand is about 10,000 capacity, so I would assume that the new stand would have to have that on the lower tier, and 5-7,000 on the second tier, which would mean 50-55,000. I think that would be fine for a starting point.

Current capacity is 12,277.

Given the age of the stand, I think that it is highly unlikely that the foundations would take another deck, or that the profile of the existing stand would be right for another deck.

Until we know how far we can go back, and how high we can go, it is difficult to tell.

That's the thing people need to get their facts right, there's 29000 season ticket holders. I think selling another 21000 season tickets would take it to 50000.

I love how you go on about facts when the figure is actually 24,900. Go to the official site and navigate to News/Ticket News/Spurs Ticket Breakdown and it shows there.