You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

I have to say that my first visit to the SJP left me impressed with the sheer scale of the stadium, but little else. Up in the gods, couldn't see anything, and standing as an away fan in the top tier of that ground is not for me anymore. It also feels incredibly soulless. But hey, it seats 50,000 so can't be too bad.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Where will the money come from to redevelop the Main and Anny Rd stands? Assuming that is what happens.

Reebok helped pay for the redevelopment of the Anny Road. A 'naming rights' partner could help pay for the rebuilding of a new Main and Anny Road stands and have one of both stands renamed after their co.

Reebok helped pay for the redevelopment of the Anny Road. A 'naming rights' partner could help pay for the rebuilding of a new Main and Anny Road stands and have one of both stands renamed after their co.

'Namimg rights indefinitely and we keep Anfield. The Emirates end, for example. Well, unless those partners want to pay for a new stadium, I'd be happy with new stands. But how did we solve the problem of having stands closed while rebuilding and still making money? Would CL football help offset that loss?

Oh and not to mention what do you do with those season ticket holders who lose seats during rebuild? No more daytrippers.

I'm guessing they won't want to drop to a capacity lower than the number of ST's during the work mate.

May well see the last 4 games of a season and the first 4 of the following season all played away from home, That'll add nearly a couple of months to the off season for building work.

Guest San Don
Oh and not to mention what do you do with those season ticket holders who lose seats during rebuild? No more daytrippers.

Depends how they do the re build. If they rebuild the Anny Road with another big tier, the impact will be small as when the Main Stand is demolished, most people could be seated in the new Anny Road.

There's about 25000 STH's. Only one stand will be out of commission at a time. I'd be surprised if the Main Stand has 8000 STH and the Anny Road less so, they only have to re seat a max of 8000 or so at any one time. Plenty of space in the Kop, Upper and Lower Centenary.

Visiting fans will be cut substantially during the Anny Road rebuild.

Depends how they do the re build. If they rebuild the Anny Road with another big tier, the impact will be small as when the Main Stand is demolished, most people could be seated in the new Anny Road.

There's about 25000 STH's. Only one stand will be out of commission at a time. I'd be surprised if the Main Stand has 8000 STH and the Anny Road less so, they only have to re seat a max of 8000 or so at any one time. Plenty of space in the Kop, Upper and Lower Centenary.

Visiting fans will be cut substantially during the Anny Road rebuild.

Can just imagine Utd and bluenoses moved to the centenary and how much more fun that will be when we lower their ticket allocation as well. Good times.

Guest ShoePiss
A lot of bickering on this thread over fuck all.

How much did the Geordies get for naming rights and for how long, it is a big name stadium in the UK, outside of that, not a lot of people would know about it. With us it is our European success - plus history - that makes ours one of the most iconic grounds int the world. Not exaggerating in the top ten, in Europe, without a doubt.

So fill me in on what the deal was for St James Park and not need to argue lads, people think different end off.

As far as I know they get nothing from the deal and the length of time hasn't been determined; it will be until they get actual stadium sponsorship.

Guest ShoePiss
Just a question if anyone could help how many rows of houses to be cleared behind main stand if it gets the go ahead and ,anfield road why is there a building compound behind the stand on google maps

I'd imagine both sides of Lothair rd but looking at it they'd only need the closer side.

Google maps probably isn't up to date.

I'd imagine both sides of Lothair rd but looking at it they'd only need the closer side.

Google maps probably isn't up to date.

Posted this on the MF yesterday.

Had a little bit of the count of the occupied houses in Lothair, Alroy and Rockfield roads.

There are nine occupied houses in Lothair Road. Five of them on the side that backs on to the ground.

There are ten occupied houses in Alroy Road. Five of these back onto Lothair.

There's about five houses on the stadium end of Rockfield road that cross Lothair & Alroy. 1 of these is occupied.

There is a property on Anfield Road that goes from the Main Stand car park to Loathair road. This is flats and is very well kept with it's own car park.

There are also six houses on Anfield Road that link Lothair and Alroy. Only one of these is occupied. There's a scaffold up on one of these and it looks like it's being renovated but not sure if work is still on going.

So, there's twenty houses and the flats that could potentially hold up and development.

cheers mate,do you know what that big building is in anfield road ,looks like a old school type house
Where about on Anfield Road ?

Posted this on the MF yesterday.

Had a little bit of the count of the occupied houses in Lothair' date=' Alroy and Rockfield roads.

There are nine occupied houses in Lothair Road. Five of them on the side that backs on to the ground.

There are ten occupied houses in Alroy Road. Five of these back onto Lothair.

There's about five houses on the stadium end of Rockfield road that cross Lothair & Alroy. 1 of these is occupied.

There is a property on Anfield Road that goes from the Main Stand car park to Loathair road. This is flats and is very well kept with it's own car park.

There are also six houses on Anfield Road that link Lothair and Alroy. Only one of these is occupied. There's a scaffold up on one of these and it looks like it's being renovated but not sure if work is still on going.

So, there's twenty houses and the flats that could potentially hold up and development.

Where about on Anfield Road ?[/quote']

Just in them map pictures there was a big house type thing ,might of been knocked down ,when ive been to anfield never went near that end so dont know whats there now

The only way I see these lot doing anything regarding the stadium issue, is if someone comes along and pays every last dime for them.

20 months, and still people are talking about expansion or new stadium. It's a 20 year issue, it doesn't require any more talk.

To be fair to FSG, they can't be held responsible for the years of incompetence prior to their arrival.