You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

Guest ShoePiss
Right, thanks. Strange swing of attitude towards me, piss. Nevermind, I'll live.

I think I just respond to posts rather than the poster, I can't remember but maybe I've agreed with things you've said previously.

In this case you say (in the stadium thread right after a couple of articles about new plans are post) that things are starting to look a little different, who'd have thought it, which to me appeared snide and based on a couple of new articles. I called you a shithouse because I believed my take on your comment was correct and you just didn't want to admit it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some lad on twitter who reps the anfield residents saying it'll be the main stand and the anny being done up

That was always the talk.

I think and have thought for a while it was the only option, unless the Air China bollocks was true.

I never wanted to leave so I am well happy.

I never wanted to leave so I am well happy.

I don't think that anyone wants to leave.

With the best answer a half new, half old, stadium, we will have to wait to see how good the new half is.

The liklihood is of an ARE that will be bigger than the Kop, and an overall capacity of around 55,000 with only 6,000 odd "ordinary" seats - but eighteeen months of reduced capacity and disruption.

Guest ShoePiss

Look forward to seeing the designs...anny road end might have a larger capacity but it won't have the larger single tier. I agree with the point about ordinary tickets, I predict they'll mostly be premium extra seating.

The important thing is how much it closes the gap on match day revenue on our competitors.

I don't think that anyone wants to leave.

With the best answer a half new, half old, stadium, we will have to wait to see how good the new half is.

The liklihood is of an ARE that will be bigger than the Kop, and an overall capacity of around 55,000 with only 6,000 odd "ordinary" seats - but eighteeen months of reduced capacity and disruption.

i understand that argument and was swayed by it for a while but without a huge naming rights partner for a new stadium the figures for me do not stack up. Also I share your concern about how the ground will look but we shall have to wait and see.

I thought 60k was the sweet spot, I jest but it was said. 65k would be about right if achievable and let us see, who knows for sure what the real outcome is yet.

Air China to the rescue. ha ha.

i understand that argument and was swayed by it for a while but without a huge naming rights partner for a new stadium the figures for me do not stack up. Also I share your concern about how the ground will look but we shall have to wait and see.

I thought 60k was the sweet spot, I jest but it was said. 65k would be about right if achievable and let us see, who knows for sure what the real outcome is yet.

Air China to the rescue. ha ha.

Yes, without seeing the detail its hard to tell, I accept.

The naming rights aspect is the unknown. The significance of 55k is that is my guess as to what it will be if we build up, rather than out.

Like you I would love to see a 60/65k capacity. I just hope the answer is what we want, not a bodged job.

So the club can offer 'naming or exclusive advertising rights to a partner for the new Main and Anny Rd stands. Anfield remains Anfield?

If we do redevelop two new stands I am certain that they would be sponsored.

There has been a trend abroad to sell stand AND stadium naming rights.

Unless we received an overwhelming offer, I cannot see Anfield being rebranded - but if it hapened in Newcastle it can happen anwwhere.