You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff is an exaggeration, basic stuff I prefer. And yes, cogent accuracy has always been my forte, as is exposing charlatans.;)

I doubt you have the bravery to say what you say to my face or not to hide behind a user name. Or do you? So who are you? Front up or fuck off.

"A half new/half old Anfield is likely to offer a revised capacity of around 55,000. Of those, half are likely to be premium seats" - your words

Edited by redasever

Blimey you two!...

You can both be right on this one....

Of course, this is extremely primitive economics, but you pay off your debts as soon as you can (unless you really believe you can invest that money elsewhere to gain a return higher than your interest rate). But still, the general principle is - if you can invest or pay off debt, pay off!

And, paying it off early can also be a sign of concern or at least uncertainty.

As for the Allianz Arena - I like it, I think it's distinctive and to be frank, impressive.

It might look very dated in 20 years time though. Only time will tell.

Each unto their own of course!

Really, it is quite primitive. The 'elsewhere' to invest would surely be the football club? The feasibility of the project should be robust enough to run its course - not rely on cash to reduce debt costs. It either works on the payment schedule or it doesn't - and the return takes a nose dive. The least amount invested in a solid proposal ensures the greatest return at the least risk.

I doubt you have the bravery to say what you say to my face or not to hide behind a user name. Or do you? So who are you? Front up or fuck off.

Are they still at it?

Fuck me, I stopped checking this thread months ago because they were boring the tits off me.

You'd have thought one of them would have got tired of it by now!

Nah, they ruined RAWK - even more than usual - so they took their burnt earth policy over here to massage their fucking egos to a new audience. I really wish they would both fuck off back under the RAWK they came from

Nah, they ruined RAWK - even more than usual - so they took their burnt earth policy over here to massage their fucking egos to a new audience. I really wish they would both fuck off back under the RAWK they came from

As you wish - I'm afraid Xerxes can't join me - he was banned from there for his nonsense.

im new to this thread and frankly i cant be arsed searching through all 94 pages to find an answer to this question. im sure its already been discussed.

is the extension of anfield not feasible because of planning issues or because of it not being financially viable? im guessing its planning issues

but looking at an aerial photo of the stadium it seems there is plenty of space to utilise. the main and centenary stand have space at the back to extend in to. the anfield road stand needs to be extended over the road behind the stand. it is feasible to do that, the mancs have done it around old trafford. although i accept there are issues involving residents that the mancs didnt have

we can build car parking facilities for the whole of the staduim on the back of stanley park next to the car park thats there already. their could also be reception facilities and various amenities built in this area for the public to utilise before heading towards the stands.

corporate hospitality situated in the rebuilt main and centenary stands and a massive (as big as possible) extension in seating in the anfield rd stand. the kop unfortunately looks landlocked unless its possible to go upwards.cant see the local authority allowing the club to build over a main rd.

ive no idea what it would cost or even if it financially viable, but im sure we are all in agreement we need to bite the bullet and do one thing or the other (extend or move) in an attempt to stay with the elite group of teams.

pete

One of these guys might be able to help you out Pete.

Top 10 posters in this thread:

redasever - 265

ShoePiss - 168

xerxes - 99

Hank Moody - 97

StevieH - 92

Antynwa - 88

lifetime fan - 83

San Don - 78

WaltonRed - 77

Trumo - 71

shit i just realised thats not the relevant page numbers. its the amount of posts. i may be some time looking through that lot

The questions you asked have been discussed, but I have no idea when exactly.

One of these guys might be able to help you out Pete.

Top 10 posters in this thread:

redasever - 265

ShoePiss - 168

xerxes - 99

Hank Moody - 97

StevieH - 92

Antynwa - 88

lifetime fan - 83

San Don - 78

WaltonRed - 77

Trumo - 71

Anyone above 84 or below 82 posts are talking shite.

I know Lance, it would be fucking unreal but it wont happen will it?!

If Ayre has pulled off a new stadium naming rights deal I will forgive him for last seasons fuck ups on the basis that he had more important things on his mind.

I am daring to hope!

If Ayre has pulled off a new stadium naming rights deal I will forgive him for last seasons fuck ups on the basis that he had more important things on his mind.

I am daring to hope!

If a new stadium and naming rights is announced I’d feel really positive about the future. Maybe a refurbishment is the most practical/ sensible way to go – but isn’t that what has dragged the club back the last 20 years – going for the safe option?

Somebody mentioned Liverpool’s YearZero – a fresh start, and everything that goes with it is probably what the club needs. For too long we’ve looked back – and instead of using it as a force for good, and being proactive, have wallowed in it and not progressed.

Its a reboot of the whole club

I hope its a new ground, it'd be so good for everyone if we could just get it fucking built

Completely agree is a huge psychological boost... "finally kicking off the new Liverpool project".

But the same issues still exists - how viable it is?

And, 5 years from now, people could be screaming about paying off the crazy stadium debt instead of buying players... same ole, same ole.

Oh for a crystal ball eh?

If Mr Rodgers delivers you back to Europe a couple of years on the trot, I think it will tip the balance and you'll move, building a stadium to rival the Emirates. 5 years away?

Completely agree is a huge psychological boost... "finally kicking off the new Liverpool project".

But the same issues still exists - how viable it is?And, 5 years from now, people could be screaming about paying off the crazy stadium debt instead of buying players... same ole, same ole.Oh for a crystal ball eh?

If Mr Rodgers delivers you back to Europe a couple of years on the trot, I think it will tip the balance and you'll move, building a stadium to rival the Emirates. 5 years away?

Any move is predicated on commercial viability.

This is more about whether FSG are prepared to commit to the club - as Mansour has done at City with the Ethiad regeneration plans, Arsenal have done at the Emirates and Man u did over the period of over a decade, two decades ago.

A new, or half new/half old. stadium simply cannot wait another five years. Arsenal and Man u are pulling in £60m a year more than us at the gate (£300m over that five year period) and Mansour/Abrahamovic are already several hundreds of milions ahead of us in team investment. With stadium work being outside FFP, but revenue being on it, it is the ONLY trump card we have over our competitors, all other areas of revenue growth are open to all.