You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

Guest ShoePiss
What makes you so certain?

I'm jumping to a conclusion on the naming rights admittedly, the way I see it is that it we would only be going ahead if we had naming rights in place.

The story floating around right now is that the council have approved for FSG to build a stadium on stanley park.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What do you mean 'the' stadium? The new stadium (Hicks), or a new design? They can't just 'sign off' on that, we'd need to put it to planning permission, surely?

What do you mean 'the' stadium? The new stadium (Hicks), or a new design? They can't just 'sign off' on that, we'd need to put it to planning permission, surely?

Could mean a number of things I suppose.

Signed off the lease on the land, a planning performance agreement, any number of things. Better just to play the 'old waiting game'.

Surely the council don't need to sign off anything. We already have two sets of planning permission to build two 60,000 seater stadiums (unless the first one has expired). It's the council that have been waiting on us as they've kept extending the date to take up the lease.

If we want to build a different ground then we'll need to submit another planning application as someone has already mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShoePiss

Read about them sponsoring the new stadium on another site about 10 days ago. It has to be bollocks, there's nothing to gain for a company like Boeing sponsoring our stadium.

Read about them sponsoring the new stadium on another site about 10 days ago. It has to be bollocks, there's nothing to gain for a company like Boeing sponsoring our stadium.

Apart from being worth $36 Billion? Could imagine them having some useful contacts in engineering too

Guest ShoePiss
Apart from being worth $36 Billion? Could imagine them having some useful contacts in engineering too

What are you talking about? Please explain how sponsoring a football stadium helps an aerospace and defense company sell Dreamliners and guided missiles.

Merry Christmas!

What are you talking about? Please explain how sponsoring a football stadium helps an aerospace and defense company sell Dreamliners and guided missiles.

Merry Christmas!

I thought you were asking 'what would we get out of it'.

For Boeing? Commercial awareness maybe? Especially if we plan on pushing hard in Asia? I know they deal with Deutsche Bank at the moment, maybe they want to tie in a deal with Standard Charted, who knows...?

Not as implausible as you're making out though.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Guest ShoePiss
I thought you were asking 'what would we get out of it'.

For Boeing? Commercial awareness maybe? Especially if we plan on pushing hard in Asia? I know they deal with Deutsche Bank at the moment, maybe they want to tie in a deal with Standard Charted, who knows...?

Not as implausible as you're making out though.

Merry Christmas to you too!

It's Boeing we're talking about here, not some obscure investment company that does a lot of business in another geography looking to break into ours. Anyone they want to do business with knows who they are and we and the football industry as a whole are hardly their target area anyway.

Oh and they're worth closer to $70Bn.

I'll bet anything that Boeing will not be sponsoring our stadium. It's very, very unlikely in my opinion.

The Boeing link has been on a few forums for a while now. Something is deffo going on, been far too quiet officially.

And from Boeings point of view, the sponsorship would make sense, in the sense that you're hardly going to refuse to go on holiday as a manc if Ryanair are jetting you away on a 737 instead of an Airbus number. It's basically impossible for them to lose customers with any potential Liverpool deal, although I fully understand it's probably bollocks.

Unless the average football fan can afford anything close to what boeing provide its absurd. Boeing don't need to advertise to window cleaners labourers and your common plebeian. Boeing isn't retail if they want to sponsor our stadium then it could only be because they want to get in the stadium building process or we have a jet propelled seating system where your seat picks you up at your house and takes you to the game and then drops you off afterwards which is what ive been asking for, for a long time.