You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me abit uncomfortable the new owners are being hounded like this....

They knew the stadium was a massive decision and with that comes the surrounding areas. I expect they are not that surprised they are getting some flak and will make a decision soon.

They knew the stadium was a massive decision and with that comes the surrounding areas. I expect they are not that surprised they are getting some flak and will make a decision soon.

I'd be surprised because they haven't made a decision yet, I doubt they are brushing the issue under the carpet just taking their time to make the right choice, I reckon we will hear something in the summer personally but I don't think they deserve to be chased around ....

I'd be surprised because they haven't made a decision yet, I doubt they are brushing the issue under the carpet just taking their time to make the right choice, I reckon we will hear something in the summer personally but I don't think they deserve to be chased around ....

I dont know the ins and outs of the issues for the people of L4, obviously there are houses/streets even in disrepair and this can affect their well being and they live with these issues everyday of their lives mate. . . so they have a right to some answers.

I dont know the ins and outs of the issues for the people of L4, obviously there are houses/streets even in disrepair and this can affect their well being and they live with these issues everyday of their lives mate. . . so they have a right to some answers.

Yeah I agree with that, but I think they will get the answers soon enough without chasing around the new owners, maybe do that after the decision is made and its not to their liking but doing it before seems abit wierd to me

I just Googled it, and it is the answer to a quiz question in the episode when they are betting for the girls' apartment.

[YOUTUBE]ejRk40vHdhE[/YOUTUBE]

Of course, one must ask why the name was chosen in the first place. And secondly, why it's spelt wrong.

Fenway Sports Group are 'combing the earth' for a partner to buy the naming rights for Liverpool's potential new stadium.

A decision has yet to be taken on whether the Reds will remain in their current Anfield home or decamp to a new stadium on nearby Stanley Park but the prospect of sourcing revenue through naming rights to the latter is also being investigated by the Americans.

FSG president Sam Kennedy revealed that the ability to secure a significant commercial partner for a new ground would be a key factor in the group's decision as whether or not uproot the Reds.

“We are combing the earth looking for a potential naming rights partner for a new stadium,” he told the Associated Press.

“If we were able to get a naming rights partner that would certainly factor into our analysis and will help as we look to make a decision on a refurb [of Anfield] versus a new build.

“That process has just gotten under way and we are out there talking to folks around the world.”

that they are actively seeking a commercial partner to ensure that Liverpool can rival Manchester United.

Liverpool are also actively scouring the United States for further commercial opportunities to help them compete with Manchester United, who are likely to overtake their long-standing tally of domestic crowns by securing their 19th Premier League title this weekend.

Moves are already afoot ahead of a busy summer at Anfield as newly-appointed Kenny Dalglish prepares to usher in a second tenure of success and FSG are actively scouring their homeland for the investment which will allow Dalglish to again tussle with Sir Alex Ferugson.

“We’ve been able to stabilize things from a business perspective by removing the debt of the team first and foremost,” said Kennedy.

“But we haven’t achieved anything yet at Liverpool other than taking steps to stabilize the club.

“We are going to aggressively market the team and pursue commercial revenues at the [boston] Red Sox and at Liverpool so we can reinvest in the player payroll at the Red Sox and the playing squad at Liverpool.”

He added: “What we are really focused on now is supporting efforts in the sponsorship area, especially North America.

“We are in the early stages of the development of Liverpool in the United States. There are opportunities in sponsorship, retail and broadcasting...and in having Liverpool come over to North America at some point.”

Liverpool FC 'combing the earth' for stadium naming rights > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Managing Director Ian Ayre confirmed today that Liverpool were now actively looking for a naming rights partner should they decide to pursue the option of building a new stadium in Stanley Park.

spacer.gif

<!-- end of Tagline -->

<!-- end of ArticlePic --><!-- end of RelatedLinks --><!-- end of MostRecent -->

<!-- end of ArticleRight -->

Said Ayre; "We need to be absolutely clear here that the Club are yet to make a decision and are still examining all the options open to them, including a refurbishment of our existing home at Anfield and a new stadium in Stanley Park.

"A huge amount of work continues analysing all the relevant factors. Naming rights would apply only to a new stadium and would be critical to the viability of that project.

"We believe this is a unique opportunity for the right partner to be associated with one of the truly global names in world football and although it is very early days we have been encouraged by some of the initial discussions we have had."

Ayre: Naming rights latest - Liverpool FC

Guest ShoePiss
Fenway Sports Group are 'combing the earth' for a partner to buy the naming rights for Liverpool's potential new stadium.

A decision has yet to be taken on whether the Reds will remain in their current Anfield home or decamp to a new stadium on nearby Stanley Park but the prospect of sourcing revenue through naming rights to the latter is also being investigated by the Americans.

FSG president Sam Kennedy revealed that the ability to secure a significant commercial partner for a new ground would be a key factor in the group's decision as whether or not uproot the Reds.

“We are combing the earth looking for a potential naming rights partner for a new stadium,” he told the Associated Press.

“If we were able to get a naming rights partner that would certainly factor into our analysis and will help as we look to make a decision on a refurb [of Anfield] versus a new build.

“That process has just gotten under way and we are out there talking to folks around the world.”

that they are actively seeking a commercial partner to ensure that Liverpool can rival Manchester United.

Liverpool are also actively scouring the United States for further commercial opportunities to help them compete with Manchester United, who are likely to overtake their long-standing tally of domestic crowns by securing their 19th Premier League title this weekend.

Moves are already afoot ahead of a busy summer at Anfield as newly-appointed Kenny Dalglish prepares to usher in a second tenure of success and FSG are actively scouring their homeland for the investment which will allow Dalglish to again tussle with Sir Alex Ferugson.

“We’ve been able to stabilize things from a business perspective by removing the debt of the team first and foremost,” said Kennedy.

“But we haven’t achieved anything yet at Liverpool other than taking steps to stabilize the club.

“We are going to aggressively market the team and pursue commercial revenues at the [boston] Red Sox and at Liverpool so we can reinvest in the player payroll at the Red Sox and the playing squad at Liverpool.”

He added: “What we are really focused on now is supporting efforts in the sponsorship area, especially North America.

“We are in the early stages of the development of Liverpool in the United States. There are opportunities in sponsorship, retail and broadcasting...and in having Liverpool come over to North America at some point.”

Liverpool FC 'combing the earth' for stadium naming rights > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

I see that Richard Buxton wrote that article on Friday but I'd be interested to know when the quotes to the AP were made.

LFC have major problems doing up Anfield,houses behind Main Stand can't be bought. Council refuses help, groundshare shot down @ meeting#LFC

Also major rumours we're selling Melwood & moving to Kirkby...all on one site!! #LFC

Twitter

As much as Melwood is a world class state-of-the-art facility, I suggested some time ago that, IF it is feasible to do so, having both the first-team and Academy facilities on one site would be good for the long-term. It will be easier to manage, and the scenario of years gone by (2 separate academies seemingly not cooperating) is extremely unlikely to occur.

If the info in this Tweet is true, then it all points to a new stadium being the eventual outcome, since the meeting is effectively ruling out an expansion of Anfield. Also, selling off Melwood would probably bring in more than it would cost to expand facilities at Kirkby. Time will tell.

LFC have major problems doing up Anfield,houses behind Main Stand can't be bought. Council refuses help, groundshare shot down @ meeting#LFC

Also major rumours we're selling Melwood & moving to Kirkby...all on one site!! #LFC

Twitter

Cheers for the update, Stevie. Do you ever sleep, though? I only ask cos I now have this image of you being like that news-gatherer dude from Serenity with lots of computer screens in front of you.

Who was posting those comments on twitter?

In work and can't check sorry.

A lad called Scott who is a season ticket holder in the main stand.

I hear there is a small protest going on outside the club's offices in Chapel Street this morning about the stadium and regeneration issue.

The club should shame the council over this, its a joke.

I'll be gutted if we leave Melwood, Shanks literally tended the grass and built it up when he first arrived but one, it makes sense to be in one place and two, if its dough towards a resolution on the ground so be it.

There are signs up on the empty houses behind the main stands saying they've been bought by a housing development firm.

I've always maintained the view stadium refurb would be impossible.

They arnt all owned by arena, which is the housing association, some are private. The Arena ones were being refurbed last time I spoke to them

The club should shame the council over this, its a joke.

I'll be gutted if we leave Melwood, Shanks literally tended the grass and built it up when he first arrived but one, it makes sense to be in one place and two, if its dough towards a resolution on the ground so be it.

Not to sure how we could shame the council. They made available a piece of land and gave us planning permission. Think the balls well and truly in the clubs court now.