You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've heard there are two further bidders waiting in the wings, one a very wealthy individual who loves the club (I don't know who, all I know is the person who told me is someone I trust). Things could get busy.

edit: and no, I'm not ITK and this is nothing more than a rumour.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think it smacks of desperation. Amazing timing these bids.

And as for the nationality thing, its not just about an all out anti Yank thing, some of it is because there is bound to be concern about another American franchise, yes franchise, owning us again. Why wouldn't we be sceptical of this. Sorry but i know fuck all about Baseball and Nascar.

Also Sky reported that concern had been raised over the finances of the company to do with the Boston Red Sox by Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal.

Am i excited about the bids yet? Excuse me if am not jumping through hoops yet.

As some have mentioned already, the timing of these two bids is a little fishy. Why has this story only broke tonight just after Mike Jefferies film was released? I mean the board are supposed to of had a meeting about the supposed bids today, so why was nothing mentioned earlier on?

Hmmmmmm It all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Based on what exactly? If anyone would actually understand what a "storied" club is worth to its fans then these people would be at the top of the list.

The Boston Red Sox are a superbly run organization and they are very much left to get on with it by their owners.

They might well be very well run, but when the guy apparently has a net worth of 850 million dollars. or 500 million pounds. doesn't leave much to get a stadium built now does it. without of course heaping a lot of debt on the club.

Now where have we heard this story before hmmmmmmmm?

I dunno how much this business has, but the Red Sox are generally the 2nd highest spending team in the MLB.

Their owners go out and get players they want. They would improve the squad.

Sounds good on paper but very risky.

City seem to be doing the same but now seem to be in stook making a loss and repaying this all back one day.

As some have mentioned already, the timing of these two bids is a little fishy. Why has this story only broke tonight just after Mike Jefferies film was released? I mean the board are supposed to of had a meeting about the supposed bids today, so why was nothing mentioned earlier on?

Hmmmmmm It all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Video first posted on here - 7.14

BBC news of bids posted on here - 8 54.

I'm sorry, maybe they are fishy bids but the idea of them being sparked by Mike Jeffreys within 100 minutes is pretty silly.

Anyone show any info to give me peace of mind tonight because whatever i read about the owners it seems the get deserved plaudits for bringing the World Series after decades but do they seem financially secure and not like reports suggest that he tried to change the uniform to blue and raise ticket prices.

I think someone is having fun on WIKI. Changing American's second biggest team uniform the Boston RED Sox to blue? No one would be stupid enough to suggest that surely.

They might well be very well run, but when the guy apparently has a net worth of 850 million dollars. or 500 million pounds. doesn't leave much to get a stadium built now does it. without of course heaping a lot of debt on the club.

Now where have we heard this story before hmmmmmmmm?

"The Guy" is the key there. He wouldn't be buying us alone.

Everyone knew it was coming out, though.

Oh shit, the producer of Goal is making a youtube film with Peter Price and other local faves, we'd better have this elaborate hoax involving the Boston Redsox, Sky and the BBC in our pocket just in case it turns out to be really good?

Really?

Is not more likely that the day before the 6th is the key coincidence here?

Sky News business reporter claiming the US bid is from the owner of the Boston Red Sox Baseball team, an organisation called New England Sports Ventures.

Coop y'know the bizare thing about that is a good few months ago I saw a link on newsnow indicating there interest the link directed you to their website but there was no article actually there, was odd at the time I posted about it on either here or the offal i'll try and find it..

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Liverpool FC statement - Liverpool FC

Video first posted on here - 7.14

BBC news of bids posted on here - 8 54.

I'm sorry, maybe they are fishy bids but the idea of them being sparked by Mike Jeffreys within 100 minutes is pretty silly.

You do realise who we have running the club don't you? I wouldn't put anything past these fuckers no matter how daft and unbelievable it seems.

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Liverpool FC statement - Liverpool FC

It was definitely Mike Jefferies.

How come they're letting this statement out?