You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Of course it's important as it gives us a good idea of who's interests he's working in and that is purely the interests of Hicks and Gillett.

He's guilty of associating himself with people like Hicks and lying to the supporters.

It doesn't seem like he Ayre or Broughton are working in purely the best interest of Hicks and Gillett right now though does it mate?

Means to the end and all that.....

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston owned franchises have always been the best run in my eyes.

I don't like the Pats but that's because I'm a Jets fan but I'd kill for the Kraft's as our NFL owners. Incredible what they did there.

Henry has turned the Sox around 360 and as someone above who was quoting a fan said he's a solid owner who believes in building from the bottom but will go out and get the big signing if he thinks it will be the missing piece.

Not well up on the Bruins owners or management so can't comment there.

The Celtics ownership is probably the greatest of all time. I still think the Knicks are bigger but when you talk about being well run,,,, well. .....

Bruins made the playoffs last time but fucked up, they've been cheap on players for a while though.

I don't think the Red Sox farm system is that great though and I think the Celtics are the franchise of the NBA. Agree that the Knicks are a great club poorly run.

He's doing the right thing in this situation though isn't he? Just to balance it out a bit.

It doesn't seem like he Ayre or Broughton are working in purely the best interest of Hicks and Gillett right now though does it mate?

Means to the end and all that.....

It's what they want us to believe just like how they wanted us to believe the club was for sale.

The sales process was a joke as proven by the leaked document received by the union.

All this now is an exit strategy for Purslow n co as Hicks moves into the next phase.

Given their past relations i very much doubt these men are now working against each other.

Can we take the baseball / American football / hockey / wrestling or whatever the fuck it is you're blabbering on about to the gf please - it's clogging up the news here

Good point, Stringy. Baseball's fucking shit...I'm sure i'd love it if i was American but as i'm not i don't,

I'm also not interested in a discussion on the various merits of equally gay & ugly baseball caps or other assorted apparel.

Cheers

It's what they want us to believe just like how they wanted us to believe the club was for sale.

The sales process was a joke as proven by the leaked document received by the union.

All this now is an exit strategy for Purslow n co as Hicks moves into the next phase.

Given their past relations i very much doubt these men are now working against each other.

So you believe that Purslow and Hicks are actually working together and that this is all a massive bluff? Fair enough.

You'll look like an absolutely massive tit if proved wrong I have to say, but time will tell.

I thought Broughton said the owners couldn't block a sale?

Was this a porkie?

Looking at the document doing the rounds, no, it wasn't a porkie. The legal nonsense is the owners just being cunts, as usual.

They've signed up to something and then tried to totally go against it, the arrogant cunts.

I think we also need to be careful with this, 'no more Yanks' stance as well. It's totally understandable and whoever comes in, I will be extremely sceptical about.

You can't judge an entire population on the actions of just two though. The nationality of our next owners isn't important, their actions are.

The problem is that most American sports owners run their team like Franchises. It's the American way of life. We don't even know who the other bid is by yet we should be just praying that these owners are fucked off first. Then we start worrying who we have next.

I think we have to judge each bid, individual and group on its merits.

Everyone seemed to want Kraft and he was American, just because Hicks and Gillett have screwed us over doesn't mean another Yank will.

We just need the right owner, regardless of where they come from.

The problem is that most American sports owners run their team like Franchises. It's the American way of life. We don't even know who the other bid is by yet we should be just praying that these owners are fucked off first. Then we start worrying who we have next.

I remember Hicks calling us indeed that, a franchise, in his very first press conference here back in February 2007 and even then alarm bells were ringing with me. Fuck that seems such a long time ago but it wasn't really. Goes to show the hell these bastards have put us through.

I've never liked Purslow and haven't been shy about saying so, but if this little coup comes off nicely then I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

Its going to be maddening not knowing whats going on now... Waiting for the next bit of news. The Hicks statement though was a pretty tame shot, its encouraging considering the fuck-off nature of the offal statement.

Sorry, i cannot ignore his previous relations with Hicks nor the fact he tried to undermine the supporters union nor the lies he's spun whilst acting MD of this club. I'm still bemused by the lack of clarity around his role at the club and why it took so long to know who actually hired him, that being Hicks and Gillett themselves.

Absolutely nothing to do with Benitez, i couldn't give one single solitary shite about Benitez to be bluntly honest with you.

Just like Broughton being mates with Klein who is mates with Hicks and has a vested interest in Hicks Acquisition Comapny II, the company where Hicks will more than likely find his funds to refinance, has absolutely nothing to do with Benitez.

I remain cynical until the end.

I know we've been shafted repeatedly by these types of people, but just folding your arms and deciding to be "cynical to the end" isn't really a very thoughtful approach to what is a very complex situation.

The fact is Purslow has been walking a very fine line ever since he took over, effectively trying to act against his own bosses while publicly towing some sort of party line. That's not easy. He couldn't really just walk into the job and start slating his bosses and undermining them straight away. I guess that's why he started off chatting all that shite about transfer budgets. Not necessarily excusable, but understandable none the less. They would have just sacked him if he had started mouthing off.

He blatantly cocked up when dealing with SoS, and his dealings with the management side of things have hardly been ideal to say the fucking least... but who honestly cares right now? People are not just black and white, good or evil. This is the very future of the club at stake and it's just fucking obvious that Purslow's trying to do the right thing by us. Nothing else matters a jot.

If this all turns out happily ever with milk and fucking honey and blowjobs all round then we should be big enough to say thanks to the (very well-paid) businessmen who helped us when we needed it. And, maybe, even take down that banner. Maybe.

So you believe that Purslow and Hicks are actually working together and that this is all a massive bluff? Fair enough.

You'll look like an absolutely massive tit if proved wrong I have to say, but time will tell.

This is how i see it.

Hicks and Klein have needed time to raise the necessary funds to refinance, set up Hicks Acquistion Company II etc. Michael Klein re-emerges as key figure behind the scenes at Liverpool | Sport | The Guardian

Their pals Broughton, Ayre and Purslow have bought them that time needed with the supporters and the banks. Ones a figurehead for a phony sales process the others are here to broaden revenue streams and manage the day to day stuff and ensure things continue to run smoothly etc.

Now it's time for Purslow n co to get the fuck out of dodge, job done.

Looking at the info at hand and putting it all together, this is how i see things now. If i'm wrong i'm wrong, i'm not about to hand over my faith so easily to these businessmen and bankers who have lied to us continually for 3 years.

Bonesman pm'd me this a while back The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

Then i watched Michael Moores Capitalism, A Love Story.

After watching both i thought to myself 'shit the bed' we're up to our necks in it with these men, these capitalists, these soulless fuckin' vultures.

The only way i see us ousting these lot is if we the fans act and act now.

I know we've been shafted repeatedly by these types of people, but just folding your arms and deciding to be "cynical to the end" isn't really a very thoughtful approach to what is a very complex situation.

The fact is Purslow has been walking a very fine line ever since he took over, effectively trying to act against his own bosses while publicly towing some sort of party line. That's not easy. He couldn't really just walk into the job and start slating his bosses and undermining them straight away. I guess that's why he started off chatting all that shite about transfer budgets. Not necessarily excusable, but understandable none the less. They would have just sacked him if he had started mouthing off.

He blatantly cocked up when dealing with SoS, and his dealings with the management side of things have hardly been ideal to say the fucking least... but who honestly cares right now? People are not just black and white, good or evil. This is the very future of the club at stake and it's just fucking obvious that Purslow's trying to do the right thing by us. Nothing else matters a jot.

If this all turns out happily ever with milk and fucking honey and blowjobs all round then we should be big enough to say thanks to the (very well-paid) businessmen who helped us when we needed it. And, maybe, even take down that banner. Maybe.

Unfortunately, if it transpires that Purslow has helped the club by screwing the Yanks over and selling to decent owners, I somehow doubt that many of his critics will be so magnanimous about it.

He later said they can't block a reasonable bid, so I believe he was.

Broughton probably made the mistake of oversimplifying the situation for the press/fans a bit. He could have come out with "the owners have agreed to put in a process to sell the club and have given assurances that they will follow through with the board's decision. However they also think that the current board members will do their bidding even if it goes against the long term good of the club, and if they don't want to go ahead with the sale they'll probably try everything in their power to block it because they are a pair of duplicitous disagreeable twats. Right, who's interested?"