You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board managed to successfully repel a refinance proposal back in June. H&G can't get rid of board without Chairman's permission, which we assume will not be forthcoming. How can the refinance of a £300m loan at presumably extortionate interest costs be in the 'interests of the company', when viewed against a purchasers proposal to pay of all long term debt? The noose is closing round Tom Hicks neck and this is his last choke.

With all due respect coop there was no extension in July, And there running with the fact that the 3 other board members are not acting in the best interest of the other shareholders, an this refinacing deal finished on the 1st October so unless you have a copy in front of you that says otherwise, those clauses no longer exist..

Fair enough mate was not aware of the refinance finishing on the 1st.

Still wonder how they would get around the Chairman needing to approve the removal of the directors.

Him and Gillett sacked Purslow and Ayre this morning, but there standing there ground as they believe they cant sack them. I honestly don't know If he has the money, but Hicks and Gilletts lawyers must think they have a case to run with.

Not necessarily. Lawyers advise, but ultimately act on instructions. If the client insists they fight a case (provided it isn't illegal) then that's what they'll do, even if it's hopeless. And they certainly won't mind doing that if Hicks is shelling out for the hourly rate. It seems like it's may be a delaying tactic to stop the Board accepting a bid, but I'm not sure it can stop RBS taking the club.

It will be Purslow & Ayre resigned or sacked, probably.

Yup, any decent fella would fall on his sword and go gracefully.

Hicks doesn't even know what that word means.

I agree, he's gonna announce that they've been sacked and condemn their treachery.

How the fuck he expects to pacify the millions of supporters he's only ever succeeded in alienating is frankly, mind boggling.

How the fuck he expects to pacify the millions of supporters he's only ever succeeded in alienating is frankly, mind boggling.

Doubt he expects to. Just doesn't care. Expects people to keep going to the match, keep buying the merchandise, keep paying the interest.

Best case scenario this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and Anfield will fall to 10k or thereabouts until those fucking cunts have left. But I won't hold my breath over it.