You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS realise Broughton has been absolutely useless

Nathanzx

Latest rumours seem to be that RBS are not refinancing and that Broughton is going to walk. Broughton has spoofed us all about the sale process being on track and bidders at the table but the last month or so the Chelsea fan has been conspicuous by his silence. He has utterly failed. Not entirely his fault as no doubt the Yank turds scared potential buyers off with dreamland valuations but one has to ask:

a) why did Broughton take on the job in the first place if it was widely known the yankee turds wanted too much cash to sell up?

b) why has he been leading us on saying the sales process was on track and he was hopeful etc?

c) if his remit was to oversee the sales process and bring a sense of gravitas to it then why was it within his remit to sack Rafa and hire Roy?

Surely the guy must go down as the most absymal failure in chairmanship history, he paid 9 million to replace a good manager with a poor one and has led us into administration.

Now it seems RBS have had enough of him, told him he is no longer needed and hopefully now the club will finally be sold.

Just sick of the sheer amount of spoofers and parasites involved in running our club these days, taking a champions league winning club to the relegation zone is quite some achievement. Beating Read Madrid 4-0 to losing at home to Northampton and Blackpool in the space of 18 months.

I want the whole lot of them out, the yankee turds, Broughton, Purslow and Hodgson. They have no place at our club. I hope and pray the new owners do the good name of Liverpool fc justice rather than piss on it as this group of chancers have been doing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wether he has fulfilled his duties has yet to be seen,all i know is that if it wasnt for broughton how do you think the boards voting with regards financing would have gone...2 against 2 and im sure hick and gillette would have held casting vote....so however the next week or so goes we should be able to thank him for one thing.

Latest rumours seem to be that RBS are not refinancing and that Broughton is going to walk. Broughton has spoofed us all about the sale process being on track and bidders at the table but the last month or so the Chelsea fan has been conspicuous by his silence. He has utterly failed. Not entirely his fault as no doubt the Yank turds scared potential buyers off with dreamland valuations but one has to ask:

a) why did Broughton take on the job in the first place if it was widely known the yankee turds wanted too much cash to sell up?

b) why has he been leading us on saying the sales process was on track and he was hopeful etc?

c) if his remit was to oversee the sales process and bring a sense of gravitas to it then why was it within his remit to sack Rafa and hire Roy?

Surely the guy must go down as the most absymal failure in chairmanship history, he paid 9 million to replace a good manager with a poor one and has led us into administration.

Now it seems RBS have had enough of him, told him he is no longer needed and hopefully now the club will finally be sold.

Just sick of the sheer amount of spoofers and parasites involved in running our club these days, taking a champions league winning club to the relegation zone is quite some achievement. Beating Read Madrid 4-0 to losing at home to Northampton and Blackpool in the space of 18 months.

I want the whole lot of them out, the yankee turds, Broughton, Purslow and Hodgson. They have no place at our club. I hope and pray the new owners do the good name of Liverpool fc justice rather than piss on it as this group of chancers have been doing.

A'men.

As long as he walks AFTER RBS have taken us back from C&A i dont care.

They leaked the voting thing to the press to make themselves look good when the reality is we have no evidence if this vote ever happened and no evidence what would be the likely outcome if it did happen ( a long ugly legal battle probably). I doubt any board voting issues would be the reason behind Hicks failing to refinance. I think there are a million other reasons why Hicks would fail to get refinance but if Purslow/Broughton wanted to present that angle to the press to somehow justify their existence at the club then fair play to them, they've fooled a lot of us.

It's a red herring and doesn't matter now. The key is RBS taking over the club and booting them all out

Agree with most of that good points.

Why don't we wait and see what happens?

As far as I know, the Broughton thing is a rumour and nobody has it on good authority exactly what's happening. It's a load of conjecture at the moment. Thursday seems to be 'd-day' for the matter so let's give it some time before we act like a bunch of hysterical girls.

Broughton's appointment was a slap in the face to Purslow who was failing in the job he was hired to do. They both tried to deflect scrutiny by forcing Rafa out, recruiting a willing Carragher and Gerrard to help them.

Look at the cost of that action:

- the 9 million already mentioned (compensation to Rafa and to Fulham):

- loss of income from Carling Cup:

- the worst league position in over 50 years and the subsequent loss of potential revenues from extra TV coverage of leading teams:

- an unquantifiable reduction in the re-sale value of the club - possibly scores of millions:

- the loss of some of the best players on loan or sale:

- the costly acquisition of below standard players

- the unquantifiable but real loss of support:

- the potential loss of new players who will be wary of association with the club following Rafa's departure

Broughton and Purslow should be sacked and I don't care if it is done by the current owners, new owners or an administrator.