You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stefan Perrson

ElScouser13

It just seems too good to be true that G&H can come out of this with nothing to show for owning the club. If RBS take over and then sell to someone else and the 2 owners get nothing!!

Id say Hicks would probably have a heart attack and Gillet would be bed ridden with shock for the rest of his poxy life.

Can it be that easy?

RBS can say, "Your loan is due to be repaid, money please, or we take possession of your security (the footy club)".

If they do not repay the loans - cus they cannot refinance - RBS take possession and sell the club to repay the debt owned. They have a duty to get the best price they can but as long as it covers the debt they will be relaxed. H&G can sue later if they feel they have been short changed but if there is no credible bid above £300m tough shit; RBS will have done all they can.

Same situation if you do not pay your mortgage interest when due; repossessed houses sold at auction go for a sizeable discount to open market value.

Bring on the right Persson

But RBS dont want to get rid of us.

We're making them £40mill a year and they are a skint bank.

Maybe Nando is driving down his price on purpose,:wow: cos he will be next to go to make the payments?

Go Nando....er.......

His Wiki says he has some sort of foundation in place with Djurgardens.

He is a known Djurgården fan, but any involvement he has with them is very minor indeed. In fact it is often mentioned when things are going hard for DIF that he should give them some money.

It just seems too good to be true that G&H can come out of this with nothing to show for owning the club. If RBS take over and then sell to someone else and the 2 owners get nothing!!

Id say Hicks would probably have a heart attack and Gillet would be bed ridden with shock for the rest of his poxy life.

Can it be that easy?

If RBS called it in not only would they walk away with nothing, they would be £140m down, that cayman loan is there problem not ours

But RBS dont want to get rid of us.

We're making them £40mill a year and they are a skint bank.

Maybe Nando is driving down his price on purpose,:wow: cos he will be next to go to make the payments?

Go Nando....er.......

RBS won't even get there intrest paid this year, CL money was that arrangement, this is a toxic loan if they lend them more money when not if it goes tits up the tax payer who owns the bank will want answers

So were Broughton and Purslow lying when they let it be known the owners can't dictate the price?

That's the thing i can't get my head around. Broughton went out of his way to make the point they couldn't block a bid yet that is apparently what they have done.

Why did Broughton say this so unequivocally if it wasn't true?

Can't believe he'd go out of his way to say that then if it was just to lie to the fans. He would and should rightly be pulled up on it and he would know that.

The only thing i can think is that the situation behind the scenes must be a fucking mess with cancer and aids moving the goalposts on them all the time.

But if it was a big lie then he's a fucking idiot.

If RBS called it in not only would they walk away with nothing, they would be £140m down, that cayman loan is there problem not ours

Yes, im afraid that we will be milked til we drop as a broken husk.

I hope football fans everywhere would be encouraged to boycott every aspect of RBS business life in the UK and beyond.

That's why RBS would be mad to touch them, we'd get £40m max for torres he's a crock, he goes gerrard is over 30, the club value is dropping below £180m with debts to RBS of £300m

If we make the £40mill this year the debt will not increase, much like an interest only mortgage.

I dont believe any Saudi bidder would value the club purely on the playing staff at that time, so it wont make any difference who is still playing in my view. They would buy a club like Liverpool for the history and kudos.

The main thing is they wont be paying what C&A wanted. I reckon theyd be happy with that.

Theres still plenty of assests to pump out before we are unable to meet the £40 mill.

We could go onlike this for another 2 years netting RBS a cosy £80 mill for fuck all. Then they sell for the same £300 mill. Dont forget inflation is ripping in to that anyway.Even more reason RBS will want that £300m working hard for em.

Gerrard Agger Meireles Johnson Kuyt could cover next summer.

Pepe and a few dregs after that.

Then the ground to Tescos/ Barrats etc.

I really hope im wrong by the way,but im not seeing the gun to RBS' head like you are.

Not for a bit anyway.

I wonder who UTD will have to flog next summer

Bebrbatov? Rooney? Both?

Football is in meltdown.

See Villa are struggling to flog a four match ticket including Arsenal Chelsea and Birmingham for £100?

Bring it on. The addage is if youre gonna panic,panic first, so if we were to go in to admin, take our shit and get square before the rest of the league goes tits up, we will emerge the stronger for it.