You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too good to be relegated?

StevieH

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A squad with more ability than the manager getting relegated is routine. Losing is a habit just as much as winning, if we don't improve performances over the next 4-5 games then we are right in it. Lack of confidence, player disunity or disinterest, a manager lacking ability and unable to motivate the team all in the backdrop of a club on it's knees financially being bled dry by two horrific owners. Of course we can't down...

Moschops - I think you're quite wrong when you suggest many of the players don't respect Hodgson. Hodgson has had a terrible start, but as worried as I am, and I really am, I still don't think it makes sense to judge a manager after 7 league games.

SV, I would normally agree and laugh off talks about sacking the new manager after 7 games.

However, with Hodgson, I can see absolutely nothing to suggest he will be a success. The way we play is wrong. The way we are set up to play is wrong. There are many fundamental things that are wrong. Its clear as a day that it doesn't work but the worrying thing is Roy doesn't even realise that.

It is not about result but we have no tempo in our play. We have no power going forward and we are so weak at the back, anyone would think we have a conference defense. We hardly create anything but we are very easy to score against. And when we don't concede from open play, we make sure we give a goal, gift wrapped, in the form of a corner or penalty.

I know its only 7 games, but I really find it hard to see how Roy can get out of this. Normally, there will be some evidence to trust the manager. There was some evidence with Houllier and then Rafa, even though both started badly. I see absolutely nothing with Roy. I'm not even confident of picking 1 point in the next possible 15. I've never felt this low in confidence as a Liverpool fan before.

Why aren't we relegatable? Because we're too good on paper? We're fucking awful at the moment. We've just been beaten by Blackpool at home. In a non-freak result.

We shouldn't be relegated, of course. But we're very much relegatable...

100% correct

anyone that thinks we're worthy of staying in the premierleague is simply deluded

we're arguably playing the worse football in the league, and we're definetly playing the worse football in our last 40 years, shocking, truly shocking

The Liverpool Way of not sacking manager when they're obviously shite could cost us our prmierleague place, thats plain and simple, we shouldnt just rest on our laurels, and keep thinking that, "because we're Liverpool, we'll be fine"

act now!!!!

thats been our biggest problem since David Moores bought our club, too much take on tradition,

lets finally think like a 21st century business, and fix whats broken for once, before we have to pick splinters out of our hands

No coincidence that we're in decline as Carra and Stevie are getting older. They've held us together for years and our club owes them so much.

When our only reliable player is our goalkeeper at the moment means we're in a bit of trouble. Masch was our only other reliable player and he's left a massive gaping hole with his departure.

We've got all the hallmarks of a relegation team at the moment. Can't defend for shit or keep a clean sheet and can't score goals.

SV, I would normally agree and laugh off talks about sacking the new manager after 7 games.

However, with Hodgson, I can see absolutely nothing to suggest he will be a success. The way we play is wrong. The way we are set up to play is wrong. There are many fundamental things that are wrong. Its clear as a day that it doesn't work but the worrying thing is Roy doesn't even realise that.

It is not about result but we have no tempo in our play. We have no power going forward and we are so weak at the back, anyone would think we have a conference defense. We hardly create anything but we are very easy to score against. And when we don't concede from open play, we make sure we give a goal, gift wrapped, in the form of a corner or penalty.

I know its only 7 games, but I really find it hard to see how Roy can get out of this. Normally, there will be some evidence to trust the manager. There was some evidence with Houllier and then Rafa, even though both started badly. I see absolutely nothing with Roy. I'm not even confident of picking 1 point in the next possible 15. I've never felt this low in confidence as a Liverpool fan before.

I see what you see mate but while I'm deeply worried I'm not given to panicking. I find it doesn't help.

League fixtures up until Xmas:

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Everton v Liverpool, 13:30

Sunday, 24 October 2010

Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

Sunday, 31 October 2010

Bolton v Liverpool, 16:00

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Liverpool v Chelsea, 16:00

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Wigan v Liverpool, 19:45

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Stoke v Liverpool, 17:30

Saturday, 20 November 2010

Liverpool v West Ham, 17:30

Sunday, 28 November 2010

Tottenham v Liverpool, 16:00

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00

Saturday, 11 December 2010

Newcastle v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Liverpool v Fulham, 15:00

Sunday, 26 December 2010

Blackpool v Liverpool, 15:00

Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Liverpool v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Where's our points coming from with the way we're playing at the moment?

Wigan is the earliest possible win, realistically, and that's only because they can be so random. Everton are nailed on, there's no way a well-drilled Allardyce team is getting less than a point at a ground like Anfield, Coyle's Bolton would be shocked to lose at the Reebok against us and Chelsea, well, there's a very good chance they'll hit us for five or six at Stamford Bridge with the way we defend - If they did it to Blackpool, they can do it to us.

Worryingly, after that set of fixtures we've surefire defeats to Stoke, Spurs and most likely Houllier's Villa to look forward to.

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Poulsen, Gerrard, Cole, Meireles, Torres, Kuyt

Starting XI vs Blackpool

Whilst that line-up is not the strongest we possess its still good enough to stay up, but no where near challenging for the league, Champions League qualifying place, bearly even a Europa League place. How many of them playing today would get in the Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham, Aston Villa teams? Didnt anyone at the club realise aswell after 2 years of stop start seasons, you simply cannot rely on Torres to be fit and scoring for a 38 game season, and maybe just maybe another very good striker would have been more beneficial than the likes of Poulson.

If the season was seven games long we'd be relegated.

We're fucking shite, on par with Bolton and Fulham, no better in anyway.

The whole 'squad full of internationals' is doing my head in. They're all fucking shite. Reina and Gerrard apart, they're all fucking shit.

I hate this season. Third from bottom.

Fuck off!

The only hope here is that our board, what there is of it, realises what a giant fuck up they made in appointing Hodgson. I seriously can't see this bloke lasting until Christmas.

Why? Because he is shit and well out of his depth.

Fucking rant fucking over.

Bollocks!

If the season was seven games long we'd be relegated.

We're fucking shite, on par with Bolton and Fulham, no better in anyway.

The whole 'squad full of internationals' is doing my head in. They're all fucking shite. Reina and Gerrard apart, they're all fucking shit.

I hate this season. Third from bottom.

Fuck off!

So we've decided Torres is shit at football now?