You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time to get behind the manager 100%

WrongIslander

He deserves at least that!

If he loses the derby, that could well be it for him. The unrest is already building and there's nothing like a loss to Everton to push people over the edge.

Regardless of who is to blame, Roy will not have had a fair chance if this ends up being the case but the panic button being pressed could soon be the only way out.

The first half of games we are shocking and the second half we look desperate, exactly as we did under Benitez last season.

Roy took over a much harder task than anyone seems to have realised and regardless of who he plays and where, this team are simply not good enough. Should that mean relegation? Of course not!

If the players can't get up for the derby then that's it, I'm sorry but as much as I'm standing by Roy if we don't show passion for that game then we won't show it in a relegation fight because they're similar games.

I refuse to throw in the towel before we play Everton regardless of how bad things have been but if we don't put in a performance in that game then it could be time to look to Dalglish. I don't care anymore about my fears of him being out of the game for so long, football is football and we will be in a battle if we lose to Everton and there's no one we'd rather go to war with. There's not one player in there that would dare throw their toys out of the pram with Kenny around either.

Something has got to give and derby day for Roy could well and truly be D-Day. It isn't completely his fault but he has to take some of the blame. I wanted Keane here but it was clear to all and sundry that it wasn't working out, the same situation could happen with Roy.

I know our away support won't get on Roy based on previous results, they're too good for that.

Long term my first choice was never Roy, I thought he could come in keep the players we needed to keep and steady the ship, regardless of why or assigning blame that hasn't happened and for that reason it's shit or bust at Goodison.

I will be hoping we win the game unlike some others, I will be hoping the players remember what it is to play for the badge and regain their passion and that Roy goes out with his best 11 and gets them playing.

This could be his final hurrah even this early in proceedings, he deserves backing!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times do you need to tell people what you think?

Twelvty.

Seriously it's called venting. I'm fucking embarrased by the lack of support on this forum especially before a derby! I couldn't give a shit how many little red squares that comment gets me, there's a proper shower of shithouses on here.

Telling the players to man up and the manager yet crying like a group of bitches. Man up yourselves and stop blaming EVERYTHING on the manager. He'll either sort it out or he'll be sacked and either way we'll still be in just as much shit until we get rid of the two leeches that have destroyed our club!

We were in the bottom 3 going into the match today at home against the mighty Blackpool, We were well beaten and outplayed for large parts of the game. As we were outplayed against sunderland and west brom at home for large portions of the game.

We look as if we are going to conceed every time there is a decent cross against us. Moyes is going to have cahill as his target man and they will beat us easily and if you can't see that coming in the derby you are A. Either burying your head in the sand or B. Haven't watched us much this year.

Roy has a mid table attitude and it is showing through he players on the pitch.

I have one question for you WHEN we are beaten in the derby after another typical performance this year do you think it will be time for Roy to go then?

We were in the bottom 3 going into the match today at home against the mighty Blackpool, We were well beaten and outplayed for large parts of the game. As we were outplayed against sunderland and west brom at home for large portions of the game.

We look as if we are going to conceed every time there is a decent cross against us. Moyes is going to have cahill as his target man and they will beat us easily and if you can't see that coming in the derby you are A. Either burying your head in the sand or B. Haven't watched us much this year.

Roy has a mid table attitude and it is showing through he players on the pitch.

I have one question for you WHEN we are beaten in the derby after another typical performance this year do you think it will be time for Roy to go then?

A. A game is never lost until it is played.

B. I have seen every game this season.

C. I refuse to take a backwards step to Everton regardless if we picked up ten lads from the pub and had Wally Karue managing us.

Time to get the owners out and for people to stop crying about a manager who wouldn't be near the place if the club was in a better state.

I agree but why should it be his fault? He's just trying to stop the bleeding.

I don't care that people are upset, it's understandable, I am myself but some of the shite levelled at Roy is disgusting and he shouldn't be held to account for everything wrong with this club.

As I say if he doesn't win the derby then he had a chance, fair chance? No, but a chance none the less.

I'm sorry , but the manager has already lost me. Didn't want the last manager gone without new owners coming in the first place and I didn't want Roy Hodgson as our next manager. I've always though he was an average manager and he has done nothing to prove me wrong. Infact goin off what i've seen so far i'd say hes worse then average.

A. A game is never lost until it is played.

B. I have seen every game this season.

C. I refuse to take a backwards step to Everton regardless if we picked up ten lads from the pub and had Wally Karue managing us.

Well why then going into the blackpool game I felf this result was coming I thought before the game i was prepared for it, but after sitting through it im fuming there is no belief, passion. The players don't know their roles and don't know how to play in the system Roy has set up. This is not a once off its happened in every single match this year.

He is out of his depth so will a defeat in the derby change your mind? or being in the bottom 3 at xmas, or how about the championship next year.

Where do you set the bar for acceptable results and performances for the manager. Mine was today. Not Good Enough Roy.

I agree but why should it be his fault? He's just trying to stop the bleeding.

Why waste your energy defending a man you have no real connection with?

He's a bit part player in a big fucking mess.

I feel sorry for him yeah, he's been set up nicely by Purslow n co but he'll be alright, he'll get a decent pay off in the end and go live a healthy retirement.

Well done Horus and Paddy, great contributions as always.

I'm willing to bet that like most people who call people for everything for having a different view on the net you are complete and utter shitbags.

Still take your pat on the back from the rest of the sheep and keep thinking you are doing well.

Tossers.

Guest PurpleNose
About as much as it needed the worthless ripostes that any thread gets from you and the rest of the gobshites on here that look down on everyone without due reason.

If you start less threads there will be less need for worthless ripostes.