You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby

murphy

People who think it's a knee jerk reaction or that we need to give Hodgson a chance (I find it hard to believe there's anyone out there) need to realize it's not just results. It's his fucking attitude. It's one thing playing shite tactics that leave our star striker out in the wilderness where people are now challenging his attitude. I mean threads are being created about him supposedly fighting with Carragher yet despite 40,000 people in attendance no one can confirm they actually saw this exchange. I mean who else here can say that being put in that same position they wouldn't behave the way he does in frustration? Yes it's an honour to play for Liverpool and put on the red shirt but give me a break. Torres is reacting exactly the way we are. Because Hodgson is disrespecting every player, every fan and the club with his behaviour.

Forget the tactics. I expected the result so that didn't upset me. What did piss me off is seeing him smiling and grinning like a mong at Moyes. Like a 'mission accomplished' kind of way. I didn't make much of the comments that someone who is so chummy with Ferguson shouldn't be at this club but I'm starting to have my doubts. The man is clueless. Utterly clueless. If he'd just shown up at the post match today admitting we needed work, were playing badly and it's terrible that we couldn't take advantage of Everton who were missing key players... it would have been acceptable. But to brush aside these straight up facts, be deluded in thinking this is the standard that we are expected to play at and it's good, not understanding why we lost, and refusing to take any part in the blame but instead blaming the players? A manager is there to protect his players. He's fucked up with Agger, refused to protect Torres against Ferguson's comments and is now blaming a team which he claims to have inherited but let's not forget he brought in shite like Poulsen and Konchesky. I bet if the De Jong controversy happened at our club he would throw whichever player it happened to under the bus as well. I for one would not want to work with or for such a shitehawk no matter how much I loved the game. Our players will leave. And I will not blame them one bit because they deserve better. Their standard of talent deserves a better manager.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“To get a result here would have been Utopia,” said the Liverpool manager. “But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson digs deep for positives following derby defeat to Everton - Telegraph

That makes me feel sorry for him, actually. I'm pretty sure - after his interviews - that he took the job at the point of some sort of existential crisis. It's the only real possibility for his amazing flow of negativity and whimsy. I'd love to see him quit. I want him gone immediately one way or the other, but I would be happier if he held his hands up and walked away. He just can't do it.

What are you implying, TSO? That he's made up we lost?

Hodgson:

You're under pressure as Manager of Liverpool if you lose 2 games in a row at any stage of the season

The issue Hodgson has (apart from his incompetence as Liverpool Manager) is that there seems to be a real lack of 'connection' between him and the fanbase. I'd hazard a guess that this, probably more so than the 35 years of mediocrity, is partly why some of us have no qualms about ditching him so soon.

There was a post on here earlier this week where someone said that he " wasn't one of us" and I think that's true.

He doesn't look like, speak, or act like a Liverpool manager; the day we appointed him was really uneasy. Three men who should have nothing to do with the club standing their grinning as the press told us how nice and articulate Hodgson is.

67766_478131396290_537826290_7379821_3850376_n.jpg

If anyone saw this and thinks he deserves a minute more of our time or money need to have a good long look at themselves about being Liverpool fans. You can not insult us or our intelligence like that and get away with it. It didn't work for Cancer and Aids and it shouldn't work for Hodgson.

I cant believe that picture. He literally beaming there.

about him supposedly fighting with Carragher

I know it's secondary to your point but it happened. Carra shouted at another player... first time it's ever happened right? Pretty sure anyone giving it a second thought is making a mountain out of a molehill.

and yes, I think Roy will be gone by the time we play Blackburn.

Guest PurpleNose

Good post TSO.

Its the defeatest, small time bullshit after games thats grating the most. Pretending we were good when we were clearly fucking abysmal.

Its the most worrying as well, he seriously seems to think we're doing ok.

If he wasn't English the press would have hounded him out already.

Fucking hell, what have things come to for certain posters to go off on one like that? I'm one of those who would always want to give a manager time if there is evidence of progress during a spell of bad results. Rafa had this in early 2004/05, but there were signs (however small they seemed at the time) of a team making progress. However, with Roy, the results are not coming, but worse is that the team is struggling with the fundamentals. There is no evidence of making progress, but of regression at an alarming rate. That is why I am in the "Roy must go" camp, and agree with a lot of the above. What I WON'T say is that Roy is a cunt or a wanker, unlike some of those on here.

For the record I didn't get a chance to watch the game so cannot give an opinion on the performance. I can only go by what people have said on here, but I would guess at a totally ineffective first half, with a slight second half improvement to no avail.

I know it's secondary to your point but it happened. Carra shouted at another player... first time it's ever happened right? Pretty sure anyone giving it a second thought is making a mountain out of a molehill.

and yes, I think Roy will be gone by the time we play Blackburn.

I have no doubt it did but Carra shouts at everyone all the time when he's pissed off. Which is a lot. And especially during the derby. I expect nothing less of him. He is our vocal leader in the team.

It's this whole 'did he put his finger to his lips'? 'Did he talk back'? Shock and horror show that's annoying. As long as they did not come to blows physically the way he did with Arbeloa I don't see a problem. It's as annoying as that lengthy analysis of why he didn't celebrate an equalizer with Gerrard. It was an equalizer. Against Sunderland.

He will be here for Blackburn. The owners are in a precarious situation. They're still learning about us and they don't want to or feel they can afford to do anything knee jerk. They will soon realize we don't have the time you do in baseball with the amount of games they play in a year to bring things back. They will hopefully talk to some fan reps before then and they will see and hear the fans at Anfield next week. And they will know. They need to know. They need to be told. He is only, at best, an interim manager while we got new owners in. And he's supremely fucked that up as well. This is utterly despicable behaviour. Fuck the result. I'm clenching my fist every time I think of him laughing... laughing with happiness as he shakes that goblin's hand.

I don't know if it's too early to say but by the time something happens and changes are made I think it's entirely possible that we won't be guaranteed to finish in the top 4. And regardless of financial stability, another year without Champions League football is and will be a no brainer for these players. It would take some magical convincing to get Torres to stay when it was the whole reason he moved here from his boyhood club. Yes he hasn't been playing well but he has given us a season more than I expected of him. Reina might but other than him I don't have confidence in anyone else hanging on.

Fucking hell, what have things come to for certain posters to go off on one like that? I'm one of those who would always want to give a manager time if there is evidence of progress during a spell of bad results. Rafa had this in early 2004/05, but there were signs (however small they seemed at the time) of a team making progress. However, with Roy, the results are not coming, but worse is that the team is struggling with the fundamentals. There is no evidence of making progress, but of regression at an alarming rate. That is why I am in the "Roy must go" camp, and agree with a lot of the above. What I WON'T say is that Roy is a cunt or a wanker, unlike some of those on here.

For the record I didn't get a chance to watch the game so cannot give an opinion on the performance. I can only go by what people have said on here, but I would guess at a totally ineffective first half, with a slight second half improvement to no avail.

I know I used the word 'shitehawk' but other than that even I feel uncomfortable using words like 'cunt' etc. But today... I don't know.. I can't even bring myself to disagree or get mad at people who do. No there was no improvement. We were shite from start to finish. There was maybe 5 minutes where the players seemed to go 'Fuck his tactics' and we had a couple of chances but you can only play for so long without a plan. It was woeful. Utterly woeful. I don't usually have a rant on here or post anything of significance. Usually I make a few comments here and there or post a few lines or so but today... his behaviour... I am so angry I couldn't even speak for a few hours. How dare he. How dare anyone insult us and our club the way he is.

Fowler and Redknapp said after the game that they said it couldn't get any worse at half time but it did, it got much worse.

67766_478131396290_537826290_7379821_3850376_n.jpg

If anyone saw this and thinks he deserves a minute more of our time or money need to have a good long look at themselves about being Liverpool fans. You can not insult us or our intelligence like that and get away with it. It didn't work for Cancer and Aids and it shouldn't work for Hodgson.

Saw that the televison almost went out the window....

What the fuck is there to smile about?

What are you implying, TSO? That he's made up we lost?

Not at all. It implies he doesn't give a shit on one of our biggest matches of the season. And he doesn't think it's his fault or anything to do with him based on the post match interview. Unacceptable. I don't know how you feel and I won't judge but to me, it was a slap in the face.

Fair enough, but you have to agree that his comments/lack of support about/of certain players make him look smalltime and bit of a w.......

Fair enough, but you have to agree that his comments/lack of support about/of certain players make him look smalltime and bit of a w.......

It's just his massive ego, he can't take any criticism.

He's just an arrogant, egotistical man, this job's already made him insane, he's just dragging us down with him now.

Fuck it been thinking total change for Blackburn.

=============Reina=============

Kelly====Carragher====Wilson====Aurelio

Babel=====Gerrard===Meireles=====Cole

==========Torres==Pacheco========

SUBS

Jones

Johnson

Soto

Shelvey

Lucas

Jovanovic

Ngog

Will we get that attacking? We wish but I can hope. Today's showing has made me fed up with our shit defensiveness but Roy will stick to his ways. Probably radical at the back but seriously could we get any worse at the back.

“To get a result here would have been Utopia,” said the Liverpool manager. “But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

Did he actually say that? To get a result there is an expectation. The more he says, the more desperate he sounds.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Did he actually say that? To get a result there is an expectation. The more he says, the more desperate he sounds.

He did also say he can't understand how we lost 2-0 when we played as well as we did for spells in that match.

Wasn't aware there was another 1:30 match, he should have been at Goodison watching us get humped like a leper in a straight jacket.