You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're still funny.

Christ, I used to read your stuff, respected you too.

But you're a real prick aren't you...

if the 59 in your name is your year of birth as I suspect it is, you want to start acting like it, over 50 and acting like a gobshite on the internet, fuckin hell.

Christ, I used to read your stuff, respected you too.

But you're a real prick aren't you...

if the 59 in your name is your year of birth as I suspect it is, you want to start acting like it, over 50 and acting like a gobshite on the internet, fuckin hell.

I'm no racist BUT......

You know what you can do with your 'respect'.

What's this about certain local players organising a media campaign with certain journos (cheers Bascombe) to get rid of Rafa?

It's all well and good Carragher telling Rafa he shouldn't be upsetting Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce, and that we should all be behind Hodgson now, but plenty of fans were actually still behind the manager we had. Last season wasn't acceptable, but it doesn't help as a manager when players are going behind your back.

What's this about certain local players organising a media campaign with certain journos (cheers Bascombe) to get rid of Rafa?

It's all well and good Carragher telling Rafa he shouldn't be upsetting Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce, and that we should all be behind Hodgson now, but plenty of fans were actually still behind the manager we had. Last season wasn't acceptable, but it doesn't help as a manager when players are going behind your back.

If that story is true then those players deserve fuck all. Its just a shame that we have to suffer because of it though.

How do people expect to have their opinions respected when they post such abusive drivel towards anybody. It is the single biggest problem with this website. What makes it worse is that the people who post are long time posters and can sometimes post valid well thought out arguments that can make for excellent and interesting reading but then they come out with this crap.

I have no time for them anymore. It's a pity. This place is on the wane.

Diego?

And what would I be making up? Of the squad benitez left only Reina and Torres are improvements, he told yossi one of his better signings to go but he's claiming him as part of his legacy, and Riera whis shit IMO was dropped and told by him he was out but that's part of a legacy, baffling

Good players Rafa had when he arrived:

Sami

Carra

Hamman

Gerrard.

Good players he left behind:

Reina

Carra

Agger

Skrtel

Mascherano

Gerrard

Kuyt

Torres.

Johnson at the moment is equal to Riise, you could argue you should have Murphy in the first list.

Would you say agger is better than Hypia or Henchoz, Christ he can't even get in the team now, and Kuyt is a decent player, but the strikers Rafa inherited were Owen Cisse and Baros, debatable on that player I'll agree

Again, a player heading for the door along with the departing manager.

Fair's fair.

And still the ignorant illiterates keep at it.

Move on boys - you got your wish.

We're in the bottom 3 now - happy fucking days eh?

yep.

We would have been bottom, we'd have no Torres or Gerrard and certainly no Joe Cole.

But he'd slag off everyone else though lol

Sami

Carra

Hamman

Gerrard.

Reina

Carra

Agger

Skrtel

Mascherano

Gerrard

Kuyt

Torres.

Johnson at the moment is equal to Riise, you could argue you should have Murphy in the first list.

I liked Finnan (compared to Johnson), Riise compared to any of Rafa's left backs, not so sure about Skrtel now, Mascherano was always leaving. If people are going to continue being snotty about Carragher (not you) then can't be included as 'legacy'.

Like I say not so cut and dried that a claim for either manager would be considered ridiculous.

Sami

Carra

Hamman

Gerrard.

Reina

Carra

Agger

Skrtel

Mascherano

Gerrard

Kuyt

Torres.

Finnan was an excellent fullback Henchoz very good also the squad players were also stronger, Warnock Baros Smicer Kirkland all offered more strength in depth to the squad.

I don't rate skertel

I liked Finnan (compared to Johnson), Riise compared to any of Rafa's left backs, not so sure about Skrtel now, Mascherano was always leaving. If people are going to continue being snotty about Carragher (not you) then can't be included as 'legacy'.

Like I say not so cut and dried that a claim for either manager would be considered ridiculous.

I appreciate the decent, civilised response. Plenty could learn what a discussion forum is for.

Finnan was always 6 or 7 out of 10, Johnson can be 9 or 10 out of 10 or as shite as 4 out of 10. Overall I'd easily take Johnson out of the two.

Riise wasn't good enough as LB and neither has anyone else who's played there since.

Skrtel in my mind is third choice centre half and an upgrade on Henchoz.

Carra although on the wane is still a good footballer.

Nicely dodged.

Don't think I've evr called you a Rafa-pologist, have I?

Take it as a broad grouping for all those who defended the previous manager and you and the rest of your band of merry men rallied against because, afterall, anyone is better than Benitez.

Finnan was an excellent fullback Henchoz very good also the squad players were also stronger, Warnock Baros Smicer Kirkland all offered more strength in depth to the squad.

I don't rate skertel

Finnan was consistent, nothing more.

Henchoz disappeared completely, Skrtel is an improvement.

Warnock wasn't and still isn't good enough.

Baros was a headless chicken.

Smicer God bless him was a trier and half decent if played in his best position. No manager ever did that when he was with us.

Kirkland was a sick note, Cavalieri is easily as good a back up.

The squad rafa left was far stronger than the one he inherited and that doesn't include the youngsters brought in.

I appreciate the decent, civilised response. Plenty could learn what a discussion forum is for.

Finnan was always 6 or 7 out of 10, Johnson can be 9 or 10 out of 10 or as shite as 4 out of 10. Overall I'd easily take Johnson out of the two.

Riise wasn't good enough as LB and neither has anyone else who's played there since.

Skrtel in my mind is third choice centre half and an upgrade on Henchoz.

Carra although on the wane is still a good footballer.

'Can be' being the operative words. He just seems to be in that comfort zone that a lot of modern footballers seem to have; the money, the lifestyle, what else matters?

Oh, the hair......