You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does'nt justify spending £20m on Robbie keane, £17m on a crock and £8m on a fullback that cant defend followed up by paying £18m for another fullback that cant defend, I know that there was a stroke pulled by the board and he thought we were gona sign Jovetic, but it does'nt give him justification for the rest.
Yes it did Richie. He was the almighty Rafa Benitez, and that was all the justification he needed. He won us number five remember, and fought the owners (when it suited him) single handed because one hand had been tied behind his back.

It does'nt justify spending £20m on Robbie keane, £17m on a crock and £8m on a fullback that cant defend followed up by paying £18m for another fullback that cant defend, I know that there was a stroke pulled by the board and he thought we were gona sign Jovetic, but it does'nt give him justification for the rest.

as so often at Liverpool, he wasn't allowed full control of the solution

You may argue he was.

All managers make mistakes, some are allowed to rectify them.

Oooh they don't like it up 'em.

Much grinding of teeth going on with Roy not working out and the 'anyone but Rafa' idea falling on its arse.

Birds of a feather flock together - Ferguson, Bruce Big Head, Aldyce - the dominant TLW clique - Bascombe - Carragher.

Rafa smoked them all out and he still does.

Oooh they don't like it up 'em.

Much grinding of teeth going on with Roy not working out and the 'anyone but Rafa' idea falling on its arse.

Hodgson's almost dead in the water.

Do you think any of this utter, utter shite is going to stop when Kenny gets the job?

It isn't. Let's see how people like it when cunts like Fanning still pursue the Liverpool manager because he's not Rafa Benitez.

Oh how things could have been different if moores wasn't such an idiot.

Yep, I'd take him back with decent owners. A man with class, he really does 'get us' and he deserved better than those two cancers. He just couldn't manage the team and his private war with them, it's easy to see that without that distraction he was a great manager. Compared to what we have now he's a genius.

I agree with this.

Did you actually want fat arse to stay, Cardie? I literally have no idea as you don't seem to have any opinion on anything.

So Fat arse is he? Piss off will you, you sound like a blue nose comin out with shite like that.

Why do you have to be so disrespectful you ungrateful git? Yes last season was poor by our standards, but for the memories of the nights he gave us and the two trophies he won us surely he deserves more respect then this?

In his time here he brought us the closet we have been to winning the title in 20 years and made us one of the most feared teams in Europe, winning at places such as the San Siro, the Nou Camp and the Bernabeu.

So Fat arse is he? Piss off will you, you sound like a blue nose comin out with shite like that.

Why do you have to be so disrespectful you ungrateful git? Yes last season was poor by our standards, but for the memories of the nights he gave us and the two trophies he won us surely he deserves more respect then this?

In his time here he brought us the closet we have been to winning the title in 20 years and made us one of the most feared teams in Europe, winning at places such as the San Siro, the Nou Camp and the Bernabeu.

Sorry, I meant fat cunt.

Sorry, I meant fat cunt.

I bet you weren't thinking that at the end of the 08/09 season where you ?

Anyway what name are you goin to call Roy when he royaly fucks it up for us then? Have you even thought of one yet? Because I tell yeah, the way things are goin 7th place is goin to seem like a good season for us soon.

You're not wrong; a bit 'leave Britney alone'-ish maybe.

But 'fat arse' and Juve avatars are an indication that this awful sycophancy is just getting on everybody's nerves now.

Molby was a tit for that 'legacy' crack but fuck me Rafa's response is completely cracked. Three players that were heading for exit anyway, two that are close to retirement - and "Spearing, Darby, Insua, Cavalieri and Shelvey"?!?

Only a monumental kiss-arse would let him get away with that and not even gently probe him about it.

That's how people like him and Evans even get in the room.

"A lot of people are talking about the legacy but the legacy is fantastic. When I left the club, Mascherano, Benayoun and Riera were there, along with Carra, Gerrard, Spearing, Darby. Insua, Cavalieri and Shelvey. They cannot talk about legacy when Purslow and Hodgson signed seven players. They have already changed the squad."

"It's not easy to wheel and deal and at the same time to win and sign players like Torres, Reina, Mascherano, Aquilani, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas Leiva, Agger or Kuyt."

Baffling, baffling comments,I really dont want to start slagging here and my views on that prick fanning have been very clear but the squad Rafa inherited in 2004 was much better than the 1 he left, the only ones that improved it were Torres and Reina, and the squad that started the 2005/2006 season is the best we had since 1990, after Torres/Yossi every signing he made failed and thats the reality of the situatin.

Horse shit.

He needed to go, had plenty of faults and I mean plenty but lets not make shit up hey?

Dont get me wrong mate. I think it was time for Rafa to go, I really do, but I just get a little peeved off towards the disrespectful comments towards the man. He gave us some great memories and put us back firmly on the european map again as one of the most feared and respected teams in Europe. Nobody wanted to play us in the champions league absolutely nobody. *sighs* How I long for those nights to come back to Anfield again. Now where lumbered with a manager who thinks its not the end of the world if we get beat away at birmingham, Northampton town are formidable opponents and that a draw away at Utrecht is a very good result. Oh how far we have fallen in such a short space in time.:(

Dont get me wrong mate. I think it was time for Rafa to go, I really do, but I just get a little peeved off towards the disrespectful comments towards the man. He gave us some great memories and put us back firmly on the european map again as one of the most feared and respected teams in Europe. Nobody wanted to play us in the champions league absolutely nobody. *sighs* How I long for those nights to come back to Anfield again. Now where lumbered with a manager who thinks its not the end of the world if we get beat away at birmingham, Northampton town are formidable opponents and that a draw away at Utrecht is a very good result. Oh how far we have fallen in such a short space in time.:(

Good post.

I like Rafa. I always have done and I always will. However, his time was well and truly up, despite the fantastic highs he gave us. I wish him all the best at Inter, but I'm far more concerned about Liverpool and our current manager's attempts to deal with the undoubted mess he walked in to.

I agree. It feels odd, though... But you're right, it was best for everyone that he left.

The article was never going to be balanced, it deliberately gives Benitez's side of the story. It is well written, and provides us another glimpse of the mess our owners have managed to create. The only way the Benitez debate will ever end is for us to have new owners, new leadership, and new hope.

That's fair enough, but United lost Ronaldo and Tevez and they are still spoken of the way you want us to be and are still experiencing the great European nights you want back.

Like it or not, strength in adversity is an important part of management and we are partly in the situation we're in because of last year's poor effort on that score.

Not an awful lot of difference in Houllier's 60 point finale and Rafa's 63, both were exactly what we deserved and there was little indication that they'd have significantly improved things had they stayed. Squad comparisons are a moot point.

Horse shit.

He needed to go, had plenty of faults and I mean plenty but lets not make shit up hey?

And what would I be making up? Of the squad benitez left only Reina and Torres are improvements, he told yossi one of his better signings to go but he's claiming him as part of his legacy, and Riera whis shit IMO was dropped and told by him he was out but that's part of a legacy, baffling

And what would I be making up? Of the squad benitez left only Reina and Torres are improvements, he told yossi one of his better signings to go but he's claiming him as part of his legacy, and Riera whis shit IMO was dropped and told by him he was out but that's part of a legacy, baffling

What about Agger and Kuyt?

I agree. It feels odd, though... But you're right, it was best for everyone that he left.

The article was never going to be balanced, it deliberately gives Benitez's side of the story. It is well written, and provides us another glimpse of the mess our owners have managed to create. The only way the Benitez debate will ever end is for us to have new owners, new leadership, and new hope.

Pretty much spot on.

Would like to see Rafa given a sterner examination than the last two in-depth 'interviews'. Of course he'll never agree to it.