You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa got shafted - he is entitled to let it be known. He was shafted by players at the club leaking shit to their ghost writers backed up by Purslow. And then there was Carragher's relationship with Talksport. the agenda was then set by the media ans reinforced and reinforced.

And of course the clueless on here lapped it up and spouted it all back.

They should hang their heads in shame for joining in with the visceral and bordering on racist shit directed at Benitez.

When Hodgson was appointed I said that even if we were relegated with him in charge he would never get the same level of criticism, never mind hate, that Benitez would get.

Now we're in the relegation zone - and guess what - it's nothing more than a passing comment in the footie news.

What Benitez did - which incidentally is the Liverpol Way, was to defend the club and the players to all. And all the time he was having the piss taken out of him by shits who should have, and would have, been kicked out on their arses had the real interests of this club been served.

Yet still some on here continue their ignorant hate filled shit.

Go and fuck your fucking ignorant insulting selves.

You got your wish - he got the sack. Remember how most of the fucking knobs couldn't come up with any replacement - just had to get Benitez out.

Well you got your fucking replacement - now fucking live with it and shut the fuck up re your hatred for Benitez.

Rafa got shafted - he is entitled to let it be known. He was shafted by players at the club leaking shit to their ghost writers backed up by Purslow. And then there was Carragher's relationship with Talksport. the agenda was then set by the media ans reinforced and reinforced.

They should hang their heads in shame for joining in with the visceral and bordering on racist shit directed at Benitez.

When Hodgson was appointed I said that even if we were relegated with him in charge he would never get the same level of criticism, never mind hate, that Benitez would get.

Now we're in the relegation zone - and guess what - it's nothing more than a passing comment in the footie news.

What Benitez did - which incidentally is the Liverpol Way, was to defend the club and the players to all. And all the time he was having the piss taken out of him by shits who should have, and would have, been kicked out on their arses had the real interests of this club been served.

You got your wish - he got the sack. Remember how most of the fucking knobs couldn't come up with any replacement - just had to get Benitez out.

Well you got your fucking replacement - now fucking live with it and shut the fuck up re your hatred for Benitez.

is right.

The concept that our top players were underperforming under Rafa has been exposed as a self-serving fallacy.

Carra and Gerrard (the so-called heart of the team) should take a good look at themselves.

Typical Benitez. He talks a lot of sense, gets me feeling all ready to snuggle up on the rug with a cup of cocoa and a grateful ear, but then goes and puts his foot firmly in his gob and I'm off sleeping in the spare room for the night.

When referencing players that he 'left behind' but were then sold, he seems to completely overlook the fact that he was the major reason why some of those players wanted to run for the exit door in the first place.

Also this, below, is just bizarre:

Benitez saw his comment. "I read that he said this -- I was preparing for the next season but after the meeting with Mr Broughton and Mr Purslow I realised that I had to accept the offer they made. I was very sad and my family were devastated when we realised after these meetings that we would leave. I knew I had to go."

He will not be drawn on what changed but after a couple of summers being denied the money he thought he was getting, it's not hard to conclude that his transfer budget and the money he would get from player sales had something to do with it.

He won't be drawn? I don't remember him ever having to be 'drawn' on anything. He couldn't shut up about it. Not that this was always a bad thing, of course, but this completely covers up the pull factor of Inter in favor of the push factors from LFC. Sure he was fed up, but, as he says himself, he was preparing for the new season. Something changed, and that something was Inter knocking on the door asking him to be their new manager.

The confidentiality clause in his termination agreement specifically precludes him from speaking about this issue. Given how interviews of this nature are conducted, Fanning's conjecture most likely reflects what Benitez told him "off the record". That is how you get your point across without placing yourself in jeopardy.

What Benitez did - which incidentally is the Liverpol Way, was to defend the club and the players to all.

But he didn't did he? He stabbed a good number of them in the back privately, when it suited him to do so, and even in public eg that stuff about Aquilani last season, "some players can't withstand pain" nod wink know worra mean know worra mean.

On this particular issue he's incredibly two-faced and almost Orwellian.

The revelation that he called all the players greedy in front of a select bunch of yes-men at Melwood emerged on the internet on the same day it was also 'revealed' he had given a slither of his compo to charities including Hillsborough.

I think 'sly' is too kind a word for him to be honest.

Misty eyed cobblers.

But he didn't did he? He stabbed a good number of them in the back privately, when it suited him to do so, and even in public eg that stuff about Aquilani last season, "some players can't withstand pain" nod wink know worra mean know worra mean.

The revelation that he called all the players greedy in front of a select bunch of yes-men at Melwood emerged on the internet on the same day it was also 'revealed' he had given a slither of his compo to charities including Hillsborough.

is that the best you can do?

Guest PurpleNose
To be honest, they just had Mourinho eyeballing every other big job in Europe for a few years...

I'd suggest that their current manager talking about the job, from where he was sacked, isn't too much cause for concern.

I'd suggest they just give a fuck about their current manager's tactics etc. Infact, thats basically what they spend half the day talking about.

Not crying about fucking interviews.

I have to hand it to Benitez though, he literally has people eating out the palms of his hand on here and in particular RAWK, I don't think I have ever known a set of fans become so blinded, manipulated and borderline fixated to such an extent some people have become with excusing and exonerating Benitez failings, even finishing 7th after wasting millions all it took (and still takes) is a few words about how the ''crowd were fantastic'' and ''its all the owners fault'' etc etc and they roll over and declare their undying love for him, its laughable really, you would be forgiven for thinking Benitez cured cancer or something.

You really are deluded if you think that a few quotes get "people eating out of the palm of his hand" as you put it.

5 years of progression in the league which brought us to within a whisker of a Championship, a re-establishment of our European pedigree involving the greatest night of our lives and another final appearance just 2 seasons later, bringing players of the class of Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Javier Mascherano to the club, fighting for the club against Ferguson and his disciples and most importantly the two cancerous bastards still raping us to this day. There are more than enough reasons for people to be "eating out of his hand". Rafa built up more than enough credit to earn himself a chance to turn things round after last season's abortion. I just don't get why you hate the man so much, your bitterness really is astonishing.

You really are deluded if you think that a few quotes get "people eating out of the palm of his hand" as you put it.

5 years of progression in the league which brought us to within a whisker of a Championship, a re-establishment of our European pedigree involving the greatest night of our lives and another final appearance just 2 seasons later, bringing players of the class of Pepe Reina, Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Javier Mascherano to the club, fighting for the club against Ferguson and his disciples and most importantly the two cancerous bastards still raping us to this day. There are more than enough reasons for people to be "eating out of his hand". Rafa built up more than enough credit to earn himself a chance to turn things round after last season's abortion. I just don't get why you hate the man so much, your bitterness really is astonishing.

It really baffles me too. Ive never seen so much bitterness towards a man who done so much for the club, and who only ever wanted to win things for this club and devoted so much to it. What is that makes people so pathetically bitter towards him?

nail. on. head. fucking well said mate

It really baffles me too. Ive never seen so much bitterness towards a man who done so much for the club, and who only ever wanted to win things for this club and devoted so much to it. What is that makes people so pathetically bitter towards him?

Is because he was a dago, no? Or down to the fact that he stood up for himself and his club, when all around know only lord ginsoak has such power, or maybe a bit of a mix of the two...

One man's stabbing in the back is another man's gentle encouragement.

But seriously, I think you're being unfair on him. Showing only two faces in dealing with Parry and then Purslow on one side and a bunch of spoiled millionaires on the other as part of your daily grind probably makes him some kind of saint.

And that's not to mention a pretty concerted dirty tricks campaign from Sky and Ferguson and his apprentices like Allardyce, Redknapp and Bruce.

Anyway, it's good to see we've moved from calling for one manager's head to calling for another manager's head. I mean, it's not as though there's anything else worth protesting about at the club right now.

Glory hunting greed and never grateful towards someone who has done so much for this club! I repeat, I want him back!

And though it never gets remembered, we were 90 minutes away from repeating the trick in 2007.

Oh it does mate, read my post a few posts back. 2 finals in 3 seasons, it took Ferguson 20 years to do that! It shows just how spoilt we where and how much we took it for granted when anything below a semi final appearance was seen as failure. Not to mentioning booing the team off as we drew to take us top of the league. Oh how the tables have turned!

One man's stabbing in the back is another man's gentle encouragement.

But seriously, I think you're being unfair on him. Showing only two faces in dealing with Parry and then Purslow on one side and a bunch of spoiled millionaires on the other as part of your daily grind probably makes him some kind of saint.

And that's not to mention a pretty concerted dirty tricks campaign from Sky and Ferguson and his apprentices like Allardyce, Redknapp and Bruce.

Anyway, it's good to see we've moved from calling for one manager's head to calling for another manager's head. I mean, it's not as though there's anything else worth protesting about at the club right now.

The ability to know which fights to fight is a big part of that job. Wenger has a whole football ground calling him a paedophile and the media just turns a blind eye, he seems quite capable of putting his focus where it matters and until 2009 so had Rafa for the most part, although there were one or two bemusing periods before that.

The whole dirty tricks campaign (Redknapp? Really?) multiplied after the Mr Ferguson stuff. Rafa chose to get in the ring and seemed amazed that it escalated after that. Anyone at LFC could have told him not to do it because it would just make things worse, but there was nobody he would listen to and no one who could make him see sense. This preposterous 'respect' he's supposed to now have for Parry, fuck me talk about lying through your teeth.

There was another example in 2007 when he pursued Heinze; somebody should have told him we'd not win that one if United dug their heels in. Some people make it sound like Rafa was this wilting little flower besieged in every direction, but he quite definitely wasn't.

In the end all he heard in his head was his own voice; either genuinely his own views spouted by himself or a cavalcade of toadies hanging on every word, afraid to say 'boo' to him.

Not a good recipe for sanity I'm afraid. A lot of blame for what Rafa ultimately became can be laid at a lot of doors, but this sycophantic pretense that none of those doors were Rafa's own solves fuck all.

It'll never end. I'm not unhappy about that because I've always found him a fascinating compelling character, but exasperating in equal measure. It happens a lot in the 'entertainment' world and people will put up with high maintance prima donnas if they deliver. Look how long it took Abramovich to bounce out The Spesh.

Rafa was devastatingly sidetracked last season. Pretending he would have called time on that despite the situation deteriorating rapidly is an act of extraordinary futility. If he had chosen us over Inter I'd have had serious doubts about his sanity. He clearly had no other place to go.

Still, saves us talking about the current load of shite I suppose...