You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not. Not ony did he live in a different county' date=' there was an expanse of water to navigate to get there. Go and ask anyone from the Wirral if they live in Liverpool. We even had a play about it.[/quote']

Beyond petty,

Must rankle with some on here, that Rafa, that Spanish cunt, seems more in tune with the fans and the Liverpool Way than Carra, the born and bred scouser.

My thoughts exactly, been thinking that for a while as well. Anything to deflect attention from your own decline eh, Carra. Some of the stuff in that piece is bullshit, no doubt, but I stay with my opinion that our key players were just as guilty for our poor season last year as the manager. Perhaps Rafa could have been replaced if there was a suitable candidate and we had some money to back him with. Sacking him and then bringing in a journeyman (with the same weaknesses as his predecessor) that's obviously way out of touch with what Liverpool is about was always very wrong.

My thoughts exactly, been thinking that for a while as well. Anything to deflect attention from your own decline eh, Carra. Some of the stuff in that piece is bullshit, no doubt, but I stay with my opinion that our key players were just as guilty for our poor season last year as the manager. Perhaps Rafa could have been replaced if there was a suitable candidate and we had some money to back him with. Sacking him and then bringing in a journeyman with the same weaknesses as his predecessor that's obviously way out of touch with what Liverpool is about was always very wrong.

The main culprits for the poor results last year were Gerrard and Caragher, in that order. That Carragher then went on a sneak campaign with Bascombe and others to undermine the manager is disgusting.

On the bright side - the fact that Rafa has gone and the team is fighting relegation will now cause Ferguson, Bruce Big Head and Aldyce to respect LFC once again and share a glass of wine with Hodgson. That should make Carragher happy.

I wish the guy all the best. He obviously loved the club.

He left Liverpool in a better state than he found it.

One season of regression does not discount the success he had. Established us a major force again. A team scaring the living daylights out of Real Madrid.

Today we are in a worse position without him.

This says all that needs to be said.

Oh how things could have been different if moores wasn't such an idiot.

Yep, I'd take him back with decent owners. A man with class, he really does 'get us' and he deserved better than those two cancers. He just couldn't manage the team and his private war with them, it's easy to see that without that distraction he was a great manager. Compared to what we have now he's a genius.

Saves me having to think up something to type!

Guest davelfc
And if he can't manage the team, what happens?

As much as I

What masturbate into a sock each night?

We can all part quote people mid sentence you prick.

Its like Valencia all over again, Their fans were begging for him back after a couple of months.

That today was a new low, and after Northampton i didnt think i would be saying that.

The Valencia that tops La Liga? Just to clarify things I thought it was time for him to go I also think Hodgson was the wrong choice but right now we need to focus on getting the two liars out nothing else.

In their pomp I would say most of em, but at the time souness took over Nicol, Whelan, Rush and Barnes had all had their day. So none of them. Redknapp wouldn't full stop.

Out of those lot you mentioned I think Mcmanaman, Fowler, Jones and possibly Molby would get a game. Thats four fuckin players out of the entire Graeme Souness squad.

BTW none of those players you mentioned where signed by Graeme Souness.

You think !!!!! Those four players would have walked into any side of ours in the last 8 years not just Rafa's team.

I'd love him back one day to finish what he started and got so very near to completing last year.

His last season was terrible. I agree with the point mentioned in the article which says that he "went to war". To me, these wars needed fighting and every one of those lieing cunts at the top needed calling out, but in doing so he maybe took his eye off the ball and let things distort his footballing judgement and the team suffered.

In the 5 years before that we made undoubted progress in the league, and consistently reached the latter stages of the European Cup, so much so that many of us probably took it for granted. In hindsight, that second place finish in 2009 was an amazing achievment. 2 defeats, a record points haul and for the last 3 months playing the best brand of football I have ever seen from a Liverpool team. Madrid, Villa, the mancs, we literally blasted these teams off the park like they didn't exist. I know the draws killed us, but that was as bloody close to a Championship winning team as you'll ever come without winning it. Still being in with a shout with a week to go, hunting down and overtaking the 37point difference between ourselves and Chelsea in 2005, all of this done with an escalating shit storm in the boardroom and a lack of resources.

I think the move away would do him more good than it would us. It would allow him to become a football manager again instead of a firefighter and a business manager as he'd effectively become at Liverpool. I still hope that one day he'll return, re-focussed and better for his experience in Italy, and with a stable board and club who'll back him all the way. To me he's the best manager we have had since Kenny.

i agree with this.

You think !!!!! Those four players would have walked into any side of ours in the last 8 years not just Rafa's team.

I agree, the point I was making though was Roy was not left with the worst Liverpool side in 50 years. We've had worse squads the this imo.

I agree, the point I was making though was Roy was not left with the worst Liverpool side in 50 years. We've had worse squads the this imo.

yep, I looked at the side we had out today and then Blackpool - basically a team of journeymen who we should have been able to handle. Why buy a creative central midfielder and play him on the right ? why bring in an over the hill DM and play him? Fucking clueless

yep, I looked at the side we had out today and then Blackpool - basically a team of journeymen who we should have been able to handle. Why buy a creative central midfielder and play him on the right ? why bring in an over the hill DM and play him? Fucking clueless

The starting 11 today were all at the world cup. thats not to say they are good enough to win the league, but are more than good enough to beat Blackpool. A team of rejects and lower league players. The squad we have cannot be used as an excuse for that shit today, nor the home defeat to Northampton Town.