You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Hicks/Gillett secure a £300m refinancing deal.....

StevieH

The question of whether to pack it in completely or not has been with me for ages. Easier for me in many ways as I no longer live in the UK and so do not have to face the choice of going to the match or not.

However, I hardly even watch matches anymore on telly. I cannot bring myself to do it for the simple reason that, apart from being awful to watch, I actually do not care what happens on the pitch. I don't care if we get relegated or whatever, in fact, at times I have found myself wanting that to happen just to bring this all to a head.

I still care about the club, I sent my e-mails, I educate ignorant journalists here about the state of the club, the last couple of times I have been over I participated in the protests inside the ground and the marches beforehand.

I don't think I will ever feel the same about LFC as I used to. Half the lads I used to travel all over the place with have packed it in because of the owners and, whatever happens, LFC will never be the same again.

I always hated Moores. He could have done it the 'Liverpool way' or the 'commercial way' and he did neither, choosing the worst possible option. I personally do not think we will ever fully recover.

If we one day get decent owners who seek to be competenet and we can get some kind of spirit back into the club, maybe I will return, whatever the division.

At the moment, I am just done with them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hope that SOS would call on the players to stage a boycott for one match. Wouldn't that be wonderful if some of the players the club refused to play and held a press conference to explain why?

In theory yes that would be great mate but the legal implications and practice would surely mean it would never become reality.

I'm with you redimp.

Quite surprised bu what some of you are saying to be honest. How could you pack it in for good? This is Liverpool Football Club. Our club. I've supported them for as long as I can remember. Yes things are very tough at the moment but once the Yanks are gone my support will be as strong as it ever has been....probably stronger. Our club will need us to push us back to bigger and better things.

have very little interest in liverpool at the moment,football in general doesnt interest me at all.

if the yanks get refinancing im done all together,doesnt bare thinking about but i just couldnt feign an interest.

the players feel the same way we do,thats why the heart has gone out of the team.

I feel exactly the same way and haven't been to or watched a match all season. I'm just concentrating on watching my 8 year old daughter play her first season of competitive football. At least they play with commitment and passion.

I'm torn. A big part of me is much less interested in football, mainly due to the rampant commercialization of the game in the last twenty years. But I still find myself watching the game and wishing for us to win.

If the Americans keep control it will just be another weight added to a heavy heart for the game I used to love.

if it happens and i think it will then I cant see any way back, I was grumpy as fuck all day thursday dreading having to watch us on tv, being shit i can handle, being shit and having no way back due to a pair of robbing cunts I cant

its non league all the way for me these days, never felt so dispondent about the club, still havent bothered with last saturdays highlights

Like lots of you I have boycotted any official merchandise and taken part in email campaigns, marches etc. I have also cut down the number of matches I go to but I love LFC and it's part of me so I can't honestly say I'd stop going altogether. I'd happily join in any direct action.

Unfortunately seeing long queues at the shop last week really dispirited me and I am resigned to a long period in the wilderness unless RBS do the right thing

It's only a hypothetical question based on a conversation that I had with my dad earlier today.

My passion for the game has rapidly been eroded away in the past 3 years and I think Hicks/Gillett securing refinance would finish me off.

I agree with this to be honest I find it hard to get excited about games etc now. Until the owners have fucked off everything else means nothing to me.

A gentleman at the SOS EGM mentioned about preventing/delaying the team coach from getting to the stadium and thus postponing a game.

I really like that idea. It would be hard to do as the police would get involved, but to delay a match would be fantastic.

As for the main question? I think it'll be the final straw for me. I really hate football at the moment and it is a really struggle as I just get so annoyed.

I really like that idea. It would be hard to do as the police would get involved, but to delay a match would be fantastic.

As for the main question? I think it'll be the final straw for me. I really hate football at the moment and it is a really struggle as I just get so annoyed.

Me too. Preventing the team coach from arriving at the stadium on a matchday could be our best chance of an extended unbeaten run.

I only go half the home games, which the way we are playing now is somewhat lucky!

I stayed behind after Sunderland game and sang as loud as possible, while watching 30+ thousand leave with there standard chartered shirts on.

How can people be so stupid as to buy merchandise, they lie about debt/stadium you name it they do it, and yet 'fans' still do it just pisses me off.

I buy NO merchanise and will not till the leeches leave, if they somehow get re-financing i would certainly back a mass boycott of a game.

Why not choose the Bolton home game on New Years day, that would certainly make an impression, and the publicity from it would be emmense.

4th October now would give plenty of time to spread the word?

I'd still support the club and, if my circumstances allowed, try to take a more active role in protesting, something which goes beyond the little I've done already (sending off emails, signing petitions, and stop giving money to the club).

For me, turning my back on LFC would be tantamount to giving up my family home because some squatters moved in while I was on holiday.

I can undersatnd why others would feel differently though.

I haven't a clue what I'd do.

Why is that mate? Do you think its too hard for you to stop going? Genuine question.

I've never been a regular in my life due to work/location etc but I always went to about 10-15 games per season, 95% at Anfield. And when I stopped going couple of years ago, I went fucking mental and miserable watching the games in TV. Now though, I don't feel a fucking thing. I don't even go to pub anymore. I don't have Sky and haven't watched a single MoTD this season. I try to watch using a stream sometimes but to be honest I can't even be bothered with that anymore. I switched the stream off after 30 mins against Blackpool and after half time during the Europa match on Thurs.