You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Training changes

RSM

Why when you have a truly world class goalkeeper would you change his training to a totally different style? Makes no sense at all.

Reina said: “When you have so many changes and move in a new direction under a new boss, things don’t happen instantly. It can take between three and six months before you see improvements. Honestly, the quicker we adapt and improve as a team the better it will be for everyone.

“That doesn’t just happen overnight. Each of us has to adjust to working in a new way. For me, I’m working in a slightly different way. It is an English style of goalkeeping coaching. With the passing of each day I get used to it and what the manager wants. It is the same for all of us. We need to be patient. Some people expect miracles. Football doesn’t usually work like that

Read More Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Pepe Reina: LFC need time to adapt to Roy Hodgson's changes

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Seriously?

As a goalie, we are an unsociable breed.

Nobody is ever going to train me as i believe i am the best between sticks. There is no coach out there that is going to make me better.

In other words, fuck off and make sure you do your job in your defensive position otherwise i might just accidently punch you on a corner.

You get that right?

Nothing to see here.

That said instead of changing Rafa's ideas he should be taking notes.

I could never understand how people on here called Rafa defensive. The season before last we had a string of consecutive games home and away where we scored at least four goals

Rafa posted another 4 goals victory tonight against Werder Bremen in the Champions League. That's two 4 goal matches in the short time he's been there. He's on track to have them scoring more than Mourinho. It was a match in which he also introduced an 18 yr old Brazilian and a young Nigerian.

His first and only defeat was against Roma on Sunday. A match Mourinho never won. But Roma scored in the last minute of extra time. Even so, Inter had 15 shots on goal.

Edited by diego

Every coach has their own style and way of doing things,its no big deal.

Id expect all the basics to be done,footwork,handling and positioning etc just maybe with different ways of covering those topics.

Chalk and Cheese.

Scott Carson blasts Rafa Bentiez's traning regime at Liverpool - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk