You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A groundshare rearing its ugly head again

ritchie

Guest davelfc
The person who has arguably done more than any one individual to accentuate the recent bitterness between the 2 clubs by taking every P.R. opportunity to play to the EFC gallery, to antagonise, alienate and devalue the achievements of the 'redshite', now thinks it would be great for both clubs and the community for us all to go back to how it used to be long before he turned up claiming to know all about the history of the relationship and get all friendly again.

In a nutshell, anyone would think he had an agenda.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way he keeps himself on side with them bitter twats is by being the bitterest of all. he is the pied piper of bitterness. they fucking love him and i cant wait till he leads every one of them rats into the fucking mersey.

except my uncle bobby. he is alright him. just about.

Henry's quotes last week suggested that the club would be all over it of it wasn't for the clear resentment of the idea from supporters. He spoke of the council funding a stadium being the ideal scenario.

Randy, therin lies the danger of inaction.

At the moment we have options, groundshare probably being the least attractive.

But five years/ten years on, if we fail to re-establish ourselves in the CL, groundshare may emerge as a means of simply holding where we are financially, let alone providing a platform to compete.

Too many people assume that the twenty years of inaction, post the new deck on the ARE, have resulted in a stand still position for the club. It has not,it has resulted in a deterioration of our position, relative to our key competitors that continues.

Guest San Don
how would they even fund their half of a shared stadium? where would they find 100 million + to fund it? Its a fucking joke

And this is something gobshites like moyes never ever mention when they discuss this groundshare issue. They always make out, as bug eyes has recently, that it is LFC 'blocking' this move.

Fucked up we are the countries most successful team one of europes elite and we are basically skint. Do spurs and there like have ground share pop up all the time do any big teams. People say they wouldn't want city like owners as its unbecoming, fuck that the way this game is going you probably need them. Money it fucks everything up in the end.

Henry's quotes last week suggested that the club would be all over it of it wasn't for the clear resentment of the idea from supporters. He spoke of the council funding a stadium being the ideal scenario.

The council should fund a joint stadium if that is what we decide upon.

Or do like Manchester do and build one and have both of us as tenants paying a set amount per season.

The only problem with that I guess is,if the council is in the shit, they would charge a higher rent than they should.

I have said many a time that I think we will end up in a joint stadium.

The longer we go without expansion or a new stadium,the more likely this will happen imo.

If Everton do get a share of a sixty thousand seat stadium they would be the next club bought by Arab billionaires. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot in more ways than just sharing with that bitter shower of shite.

It would more likely be us.

I think people here would rather bite there nose off to spite there face. People need to think of the bigger picture of whether we would be best staying at anfield or moving in to a world class new stadium. If you want the latter, it will never happen unless we groundshare

I think people here would rather bite there nose off to spite there face. People need to think of the bigger picture of whether we would be best staying at anfield or moving in to a world class new stadium. If you want the latter, it will never happen unless we groundshare

Why would it be us? We would cost far more to buy and just as much to turn into a premiership winning side. None of the billionaires who have bought clubs seem to be arsed about thge size of the clubs fanbase or history so why would the choose to spend more on us than Everton if we both had a sixty thousand seater stadium?

I don't even want to share oxygen with them fucking mongrels, never mind a ground.

My face looks fucking boss with no nose

Does groundshare actually work well anywhere?

The council should fund a joint stadium if that is what we decide upon.Or do like Manchester do and build one and have both of us as tenants paying a set amount per season.

The only problem with that I guess is,if the council is in the shit, they would charge a higher rent than they should.I have said many a time that I think we will end up in a joint stadium.The longer we go without expansion or a new stadium,the more likely this will happen imo.

Why should two professional, privately owned, sports clubs with turnover of over £350m a year betweeen us have a stadium built for us, probably costing between £300m-£400m by a Council who can't afford to keep day care centres open or keep teacher numbers where they are?

Why should any club not pay a commercial rent?

I do agree that the longer we neither move, nor expand, the greater the likelihood of the economics of groundshare becoming more attractive.

Why would it be us? We would cost far more to buy and just as much to turn into a premiership winning side. None of the billionaires who have bought clubs seem to be arsed about thge size of the clubs fanbase or history so why would the choose to spend more on us than Everton if we both had a sixty thousand seater stadium?

we have got more value.

Im not particulary keen on groundshare im also not to keen on worrying about how much Everton are gonna beniefit from it, all Im interested in is Liverpool

People make the fatal mistake of assuming that because Liverpool FC is a fantastic brand and world renowned that is make it a better business proposition than (say) a club like.... Southampton.

An awful lot depends on the buyers motivation, but you can often get a much better return buying a clapped out property and doing it up than you can on buying an already well presented property... catch my drift?

Furthermore, in the grand scheme of clubs, Liverpool are right up there with the biggest of the big... meaning it's hard to take them further up the ladder than they already are - in fact, they could slip down the ladder a bit.

Whereas if you take a lesser club, and improve it significantly, you're perceived as a success.

It's total madness to assume that just because Liverpool are the bigger club (over Everton) that it makes Liverpool more attractive. Business doesn't quite work that way.

As I said, there are countless factors and motives involved, it's just not about how big and famous you already are.

People make the fatal mistake of assuming that because Liverpool FC is a fantastic brand and world renowned that is make it a better business proposition than (say) a club like.... Southampton.

An awful lot depends on the buyers motivation, but you can often get a much better return buying a clapped out property and doing it up than you can on buying an already well presented property... catch my drift?

Furthermore, in the grand scheme of clubs, Liverpool are right up there with the biggest of the big... meaning it's hard to take them further up the ladder than they already are - in fact, they could slip down the ladder a bit.

Whereas if you take a lesser club, and improve it significantly, you're perceived as a success.

It's total madness to assume that just because Liverpool are the bigger club (over Everton) that it makes Liverpool more attractive. Business doesn't quite work that way.

As I said, there are countless factors and motives involved, it's just not about how big and famous you already are.

While I agree to some extent, Liverpool were in a crisis when FSG bought us and getting back to the top four (a more than achievable aim in the next 2-3 years) would be considered a success. Also during that time we will still remain as a huge name in the game and I wouldn't expect us to have a significant drop financially away from the pitch.

Why are you even talking about new owners? We've got new owners, who have made it clear that their business model is not just a fly-by-night speculative job.

Also, why do you imagine a "world class new stadium" would be "impossible" without the Blueshite? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - show your working out.

I am not sure who is making that mistake?

When we were sold by M&P there were only two serious bidders, G&H and DIC, who no longer exist in their previous form.

When FSG bought us they were the only bidder who was able to perform.

That tells you all you need to know about the attractiveness of LFC at those times as a business proposition.

Why are you even talking about new owners? We've got new owners, who have made it clear that their business model is not just a fly-by-night speculative job.

Also, why do you imagine a "world class new stadium" would be "impossible" without the Blueshite? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - show your working out.

I wasn't the one talking about new owners.

We are not gonna move to a new stadium we have not got the money to pull it of

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I am not sure who is making that mistake?

When we were sold by M&P there were only two serious bidders, G&H and DIC, who no longer exist in their previous form.

When FSG bought us they were the only bidder who was able to perform.

That tells you all you need to know about the attractiveness of LFC at those times as a business proposition.

Considering both are untrue and based on conjecture, it doesn't really tell us 'all' we need to know.