You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Restaurant to open above the club shop

Marko121

Hated it at the time, but I'd take the McDonalds in the Kop back over this, anyday.

And that was an awful thing.

Can't agree with you.

I'm going to let you into a secret - and one my mates still barack me about today. When that McDonald's went in, I gave my season ticket away for the year in protest. Except nobody noticed.

I HATE McDonalds.

And as for this Boot Room, I yearn for yesteryear when you had to queue up for a 600 degree centigrade pig fat pie trying to staunch the urge to vomit induced by the fresh aroma of beer-infused urine that was bouncing off the wall opposite.

Jumpers for goalposts....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying but I'd rather a shitty, tiny takeaway is in the stands (even if it's a corporation), rather than a fancy restaurant seating 350 people, even more far removed from grass roots football where they probably charge £10 for a burger and chips whilst you sit next to a family blowing candles out on a kids birthday cake, an hour before kickoff.

I'm not for any type of restaurant in a stadia mind. Anything resembling the Emirates is another nail in the coffin for modern football, for me.

Plus I'll never forgive the bright spark who came up with 'Patrick Bergers' in the McDonalds, a particular low point in the Kops history......

*shudders*

I'd rather we didn't have any.

Come to the Boot Room cafe at Liverpoolworld!!

Enjoy a “Shankly Steak”! Tuck into a “Paisley Parmesan crusted Snapper with Asian vegetables”!

While your here don’t forget to enjoy the unique “Scouse” atmosphere provided by the local proles! Our guests might like to take the authentic Seventies supporter experience! Enjoy all the sights and sounds of an interactive exhibition featuring an away win in the former Yugoslavia! Play the ”avoid the heavy-handed communist police” game! See if you can “pick up some souvenirs” of the trip! And don’t forget to avoid the friendly hooligans!

It's open 7 days a week so it's not just about the matchday crowd - and there are already hospitality lounges at the ground. There's a market for it so it's good business to open this sort of thing (apart from the fact any profit will just go towards servicing the debt).

Really makes me laugh when people cry out for a return to the days of old. Things change, move with the times. For years people complained that Parry and Moores didn't make us enough money, yet when we do something like this it's a disgrace.

It's open 7 days a week so it's not just about the matchday crowd - and there are already hospitality lounges at the ground. There's a market for it so it's good business to open this sort of thing (apart from the fact any profit will just go towards servicing the debt).

Really makes me laugh when people cry out for a return to the days of old. Things change, move with the times. For years people complained that Parry and Moores didn't make us enough money, yet when we do something like this it's a disgrace.

True that.

Can't have both. Personally i think this is the sort of thing we've been crying out for years. I'm not going to use it while the owners are there though.

It should be boycotted as part of the overall effort to oust G&H. But once new owners are in place, I've no problem with stuff like this. If its your sort of thing then go and have a meal there. If not, don't. I don't see a big problem either way.

Exactly how I feel.

People want a bit more comfort these days and don't want to be treated like animals horded into a pen. Been able to bring your kids safely to the ground is a good thing and I bet the restaurant on match day is quarter full of locals on a day out with the other three quaters OOTs. And on non match days it'll be all locals on kids birthdays, etc. If you don't want to go in, then don't go in.

There's a bit of a fairy tale old view of how great footy was back in the 1980s and before, and in truth a good portion of it's bolox. The way ownership, etc, has gone is horrific, but things like this and a cleaner, better, safer stadium are much much better. And anyone wanting to go back to stinking of piss is welcome to it, as I don't miss it at all. Of course I wish for a more level playing field where a team can get promoted and then win the top league the following season like Forest did in the late '70s, but as for things like a restaurant at the ground? Why not? If people want to have a meal then what's the problem?

We can look back on ‘ye olde days’ with rose tinted glasses – No, they weren’t perfect, but I still think football was better than, however, we have to move with the times. That was Moores and Parry’s problem – we were left behind, during the Premier league/ Sky boom-time. I love everything about Anfield – but, it holds 44,500. That’s nowere near big enough for a club of our size – compare with all the other teams who’ve won the European Cup 4 times.

For me it’s a simple choice – stay still, do nothing and die. Or, make the match day an experience, a day out, etc all the modern money making racket. I hate all that modern day stuff, but we have to move on, times change, etc

Saying that, who knows what will happen come October….

We can look back on ‘ye olde days’ with rose tinted glasses – No, they weren’t perfect, but I still think football was better than, however, we have to move with the times. That was Moores and Parry’s problem – we were left behind, during the Premier league/ Sky boom-time. I love everything about Anfield – but, it holds 44,500. That’s nowere near big enough for a club of our size – compare with all the other teams who’ve won the European Cup 4 times.

For me it’s a simple choice – stay still, do nothing and die. Or, make the match day an experience, a day out, etc all the modern money making racket. I hate all that modern day stuff, but we have to move on, times change, etc

Saying that, who knows what will happen come October….

That's true: Moores and Parry let the club stagnate and we are where we are now because of all the decisions they made, and the ones they didn't have the courage or intelligence to make. John Smith (particularly) and Peter Robinson would have adapted to this age of football and created this restaurant, club shop, foreign marketing etc. They were the first to do a shirt sponsorship deal after all. They would have done what they needed to to keep LFC at the top.

They also would have ensured the manager had sufficient funds (and support) in the transfer market - something Rafa rarely had with Parry around.

I'm not sure we necessarily have to lose our heart by being better commercially. If we want a club that is self sufficient, without a sugar daddy, then this is the sort of thing we will need to see. I could go on, but blah blah blah

another nail in the coffin for local supporters

The Boot Room Sports Cafe will serve top quality steaks, salads, pasta, pizza and much more at competitive prices from 11am until 11pm seven days a week

Fucken hell Walton get a grip us wools only come over for the game, the gaff is open seven days a week, twelve hours a day.

As tacky as it is, it is more local based than anything.

Some of the best reds going are not born with purple bins outside their door, get over it lad.