You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you want?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want?

• Concentrate efforts on the league
    • Concentrate efforts on Europe
    • Both
    • Rafa back- with G&H staying and Rick Parry reappointed. You can have Phil Thompson as a coach too.

But unfortunately last year we were losing home and away to Fiorentina, nabbing 1 point off Lyon in two games and scraping past Debrecen 1-0 in two games, we were shit last year as well in Europe. This is not excusing the quality of recent stuff just a reminder that the team that slaughtered Utd and Real has not been around for 18 months in the league or Europe. There is a malaise in this club that extends deeply into the psyche now. We have one more game left before the 15th and if this cancer is not removed from the club we will continue to struggle. I'm not sure there's a single player with possibly the exception of Gerrard (who looked lost last year) that has an ounce of self-belief left. That may be related the manager, I don't know, but what I do know is that things cannot get better with these bloodsucking leeches still draining our body.

Sorry, we all now that it is better if the yanks do one. We all know that their has been a diminution in the quality of the squad. However, these factors cannot be used to justify the dirge we've witnessed under Hodgson. Lack of money and off the pitch issues do not result in negative tactics on the pitch. That is purely a product of the managers psyche.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's fucking insulting actually, he said "if you're not satisfied with top of the group, if you're not satisfied with a good home win against Steaua, if you're not satisfied with a good away draw to Utrecht then you're never going to be satisfied".

Anyone here satisfied? If not you'll never be satisfied according to our manager.

Glad he's happy with the performance of all the players today though, it was an entertaining match too apparently.

I'm concerned I'm starting to get a little unfair on Roy seeing as I didn't want him in the first place but it's becoming pretty hard to hold back the criticism.

Im not satisfied. we are feckin awful. We are much much worse than we were last year. His comments are getting worse after every game. Im starting to actually dislike him now.

mypost

So, long story short, it's all good because it's all circumstantial.

If Gerrard had been playing we wouldn't have the problem of no creativity and a lack of width, irrespective of the fact that in the other games in which Gerrard has played, we've looked simply diabolical. Raul Meireles, 11 million pound player, can't be expected to deputise even against a team none of whom - as individuals - would get into our starting eleven (bar, maybe, van Wolfswinkel).

Torres being off form isn't a concern of the manager even after ten odd games despite the fact that not only is he not scoring, he isn't getting hardly any of the ball and isn't getting chances. That's not due to the system or due to the manager, but just due to a lack of form.

'Football is a results business' - yes, it is. It might interest you to know that not all of us follow football purely out of business interest. Of course we are interested in the success of our club, but a lot of what we're interested in is being proud of our team's character, the club ethos, and the entertainment of watching our team play. I get the distinct impression that you don't understand that. If results are solely what you're interested in, I suggest you switch your fealty to Chelsea, United or City, because I doubt you'll strike a common chord with many Liverpool fans.

11 million pound player, can't be expected to deputise even against a team none of whom - as individuals - would get into our starting eleven (bar, maybe, van Wolfswinkel).

I hear that said about many of our players. When of the current crop, only Cole (Poulsen at a stretch) was bought from a top class team. And that was on a free.

Torres being off form isn't a concern of the manager even after ten odd games despite the fact that not only is he not scoring, he isn't getting hardly any of the ball and isn't getting chances.

So if he isn't scoring, who or what beat West Brom then? He had two chances tonight, he missed them. He scores them and Roy's a leg...no they'd still be criticising him anyway.

'Football is a results business' - yes, it is. It might interest you to know that not all of us follow football purely out of business interest. Of course we are interested in the success of our club, but a lot of what we're interested in is being proud of our team's character, the club ethos, and the entertainment of watching our team play.

Every day, our finances, and business side of the club is discussed here at considerable length. A lot more than the team these days.

Give me a scrappy 1-0 win on Sunday and whilst not overjoyed, I'll take it now. It's another 3 points. We'll argue the forensics over how it was "achieved" later.

That is purely a product of the managers psyche.

Don't completely agree with that, that performance was pretty much on a par with what we got in the CL last year with the exception of Lyon away. Different manager. I'd agree that Poulsen is not the fresh blood that could help but then again neither are some of the players that Rafa pre-ordered. We lack real characters these days, Alonso was one, Hypia was another, Gerrard, Carragher and Reina are trying their best but there's some weak souls out there, its starting to feed off itself now. This is a real test of character now, not just tactics, if Blackpool do well at the weekend it will be through fight and character and desire, not Holloways tactics. Its time for all involved, including he manager, to show what bollocks they've got strapped on, if they don't then the Derby could be the blackest day yet.

I hear that said about many of our players. When of the current crop, only Cole (Poulsen at a stretch) was bought from a top class team. And that was on a free.

Fuck's that got to do with anything? Was Reina bought from a 'top-class' team? Xabi? Torres? Transfer fees are generally based on the individual contributions of the players, rather than the status of the team they're coming from. Your argument is honestly one of the worst I've ever heard.

So if he isn't scoring, who or what beat West Brom then? He had two chances tonight, he missed them. He scores them and Roy's a leg...no they'd still be criticising him anyway.

Hahaha. He's scored one this season and he's firing on all cylinders, is he? Lucas has scored as many as he has.

Every day, our finances, and business side of the club is discussed here at considerable length. A lot more than the team these days.

That's because it effects the calibre of team we're capable of fielding, which in turn effects the performances we're capable of turning in, which in turn effects the prestige of the club. Scraping 1-0 wins against vastly inferior opposition is not prestigious, nor is it entertaining.

I'm not going to reply to you any more than this because I think you're either being incredibly obstinate or trolling and either way it's a waste of time really.

SO i take it you enjoy watching dull defensive non attacking football which isolates our only striker who may well leave in January then?

It's all well and good saying Celtic took a hammering there in the last round. but last time i looked this was Liverpool Football club. and we tend to play in a much stronger laeague that the Scottish one.

or are you attempting to say we're not that much better than Celtic?

Here's an idea how about the manager stops telling the world how much better our opposition is compared to us and actually tries to instill a little confidence in our players before a game.

Could you imagine Bill Shankly saying to the press beforehand "Oh Utrecht ohhh there a great team we'll be lucky here to get a point"

No he'd say "who the fuck are these no-marks fuck em we'll score 12 against these no problem."

Is fucking right!

Transfer fees are generally based on the individual contributions of the players, rather than the status of the team they're coming from.

Your original argument suggested otherwise.

Scraping 1-0 wins against vastly inferior opposition is not prestigious, nor is it entertaining.

But it does the job.

I'm not going to reply to you any more than this because I think you're either being incredibly obstinate or trolling.

Fair enough.

I'm not trolling or being obstinate, I'm just fed up with reading the constant negativity over our results, some of which aren't that bad given how shit the team is, and the shit position the club is in off the field, and I'm choosing to take the few rays of positivity out of them, as there's precious few others around the club at the moment.

If you want us to roll teams over 5-0 every week playing attractive football, because you consider them "inferior", or "not in x class", given the state we're in, you're going to be constantly disappointed, win, draw, or god forbid, lose.

Edited by mypost

Half the world plays dull defensive football these days. Most European teams play defensive football away in Europe.

Inter Milan under Rafa doesn't play dull, defensive football. They won 4-0 yesterday in the CL. That's the second four-goal game they have had in about 5 games. Even when they were defeated by Roma in the last minute of extra time they had 15 shots on goal during the game. When Rafa was manager at LFC in 2008-2009 he had something like 12-15 games when we scored 3 goals or more - the highest number of goals in the PL. There was a run of about 5-6 consecutive games that year when we scored 4 including against Real Madrid and Manchester United.

We look as shit, or even shitter, than last season. We're totally bereft of confidence on the pitch, and I don't think anyone at the club has any idea how to change that.

Half of the players look like they couldn't be bothered trying, and the other half only seem to want to show a bit of effort for a part of the game.

We need a decisive win, we need it now, and we need to hope that it snaps their brains back onto what needs to be done or we'll end up being deep-dicked by the Blueshite.

We look as shit, or even shitter, than last season. We're totally bereft of confidence on the pitch, and I don't think anyone at the club has any idea how to change that.

Half of the players look like they couldn't be bothered trying, and the other half only seem to want to show a bit of effort for a part of the game.

We need a decisive win, we need it now, and we need to hope that it snaps their brains back onto what needs to be done or we'll end up being deep-dicked by the Blueshite.

I think some of them have decided if Tom gets his money they'll be off.

Costanza summed it up nicely in a thread over on the MotherFuckers.

Roy is just the entirely wrong type of manager for what we needed. There was always going to be shit hanging over the club with the ownership, players being sold and general gloom that could affect the team.

We were already defensively organised, what we needed was someone to come in and take that and add some attack and aggression - the type of football that players want to play and would have put the right attitude through the team.

What we got is someone who's tried to make us even more defensive than we already were, (which hasn't even work) and that has worsened the mindset around the players.

Are we all still sticking to this 'six years before we judge him' pledge?

There's a difference between judging and criticising.

It's fine to disagree with the tactics, purchases, and the way the team are playing and off constructive criticism.

You also have to acknowledge that it still is early days and Roy could easily change things around and improve things.

Yesterday's quote of the day from woy:

"It wasn't a dull 0-0, there was activity at both ends of the field."

Yeah right, now fuck off back to Fulham, I am sick of your cowardly shit defensive tactics, your defeatist attitude and your deluded post-match commets......

Playing players out of position, no tactical substitutions, no attacking intent or plan, no wingers, defending to deep and pairing Lucas and Poulsen in midfield, this is worse than Rafa anno 2009/2010 surely those who wanted Rafa gone for these reasons must see this?......

There's a difference between judging and criticising.

It's fine to disagree with the tactics, purchases, and the way the team are playing and off constructive criticism.

You also have to acknowledge that it still is early days and Roy could easily change things around and improve things.

Roy had pretty much the same team that finished 2nd in the league. The squad needed a winger and a striker to challenge for 4th. The team has been totally dismantled and some very weak purchases have been made. Roy has to take some of the blame for this. He had a good team to start of with which only needed minor adjustments. Now there is fuck all chance of us finishing inside top 4.

I don't know what the idea of the board was appointing a coach who had no track record of success and whose team finished 12th behind the likes of Stoke and Birmingham.