You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson quotes

myrlas

As the media darling he is, he's good with words our Roy.

So far he's been lucky with some of his quotes and more ..ehm.. trigger happy with some others. (The one pre Birmingham comes to mind)

Post your best or worst quotes here

Roy will eventually dig himself a hole that I don't feel he will be able to climb out of. However, we don't really need to pick over the bones quite so quickly in my opinion.

This is an embarrassment of a thread and even though I'm not Roys biggest fan, fuck me, we have some cunts on here.

It's not what he says, it's what he does.

I remember Dave U making an excellent point when we got him, that Hodgson was playing down Fulhams chances of beating United, and then they beat them twice on the bounce at Craven Cottage.

He can say pretty much whatever he wants when we're winning, and he has to be especially careful with what he says when we lose. I thought his comments after the game the other night, where humble, cutting and correct.

He can say pretty much whatever he wants when we're winning, and he has to be especially careful with what he says when we lose. I thought his comments after the game the other night, where humble, cutting and correct.

Rafa would have been cut to pieces on her for 70% of the things Hodgson has said about football. His several "political" comments including his particularly inept comments today about the protests, would have sent the TLW anti-Rafa loonies wild. Rafa was called arrogant and abrasive by the loonies for his relationship with the media yet Hodgson has hardly managed a press conference without becoming prickly. The initial media fawning is quickly turning to pity - which is worse than contempt.

If he can't hold his tongue he should ask Rafa to give him a few pointers on how to turn a pithy phrase.

This is a joke right? Everyone keeps saying he's good with words. Like what?

Shanks he certainly isn't

Hell, Houllier was pretty good too

And I can at least quote Rafa "I am really focused and concentrating on my team"

Give me a Roy soundbite

Or is this like one of those media themes. Like Rio being such a good defender that brings the ball out from defence. Roy the great communicator.... hmmm

He can say pretty much whatever he wants when we're winning, and he has to be especially careful with what he says when we lose.

Pretty much, the key being if he's winning, which he isn't at the moment.

Hodgson said: "He did well but the fact is he came on in extra-time and people were tiring." "I have to say I am not in the mood for talking about positives."

I didn't like those quotes at all about Shelvey.

"It will certainly make my life a bit happier and I shall sleep a bit better on Saturday night if we get a win tomorrow - but we might not," he added.

from today, another encouraging comment by roy.

Hodgson knows it is what the team can do over the entire campaign which will decide whether they are successful or not.

'It will take more time than a win tomorrow,' said the Reds boss in response to suggestions the Sunderland game could turn things around completely.

'It will certainly make my life a bit happier and I shall sleep a bit better on Saturday night if we get a win tomorrow - but we might not.

He added: 'What will change everything is a good performance on Saturday, a good (Europa League) performance in Utrecht on Thursday and a good performance against Blackpool the following Sunday.

'Maybe then there will be a totally different atmosphere and attitude.'

Hodgson also argued that Wednesday's Carling Cup defeat, as humiliating as it was

against a team 17th in League Two, was clouding judgments about the forthcoming

Premier League match.

Star performers Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Joe Cole and Jose Reina are all set to return for Saturday's clash.

'People will be very foolish to think that because Northampton have beaten the

team they beat that the side tomorrow will be equally vulnerable,' said the 62-year-old.

'Sunderland will be a new stern test for us tomorrow and I am pretty confident the players will come and show they are very good players - that is the best way we can get into the fans' good books.'

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists Reds will get it right after Northampton misery | Mail Online

I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Hope we thrash Sunderland and celebrate with a right royal sit in protest.

I'd take a shit performance with a fluke of a goal coming off a beach ball at the moment.

If anyone is taking a beachball to the game put a photo of the cunts on it with a rifle cross sight on top of them.

What actually does my head in is that he continues to talk us down.

From yesterday:

“There are going to be lots of other games this season when people are expecting us to win and we don’t.

“There will be games this season when people expect us not to do very well but we do."

Tell me exactly what fixtures you have in mind then Roy. What fixtures during a season should we supporters expect NOT to do well in?

Should I change my whole approach as a supporter, and STOP believing in my team before kick off? Nah, we won't have much of a chance tonight anyway.

I'm sure Northampton is glad Hodgson wasn't biggin' them up before they went out to face us at Anfield.

Roy Hodgson says expectations placed on his team are unrealistic.

The Liverpool boss is calling for patience after another poor result at the weekend against Sunderland and he's hoping that fans will get behind him.

Roy said: "The expectations being placed on the team are ones they will find very hard to live up to until they bed in as a team.

"It's more a case of using certain players in certain positions in certain games to get them to the position I want.

"It's them finding their legs as Liverpool players and me finding where best to use them, but we are going to see a very tight league this year.

"The understanding will of course only come from games, and we're all coming to terms with the expectations.

"Everything is still very new, a lot of new players, some uncertainty about the ownership, but the moment we're not flying people say it's not good enough.

"I'm not saying it is, but that maybe it's something that could have been predicted.

"We can't do more than we're doing and we have probably the most passionate and interested fans in the world. I have a lot of faith in those fans and they know how difficult it can be at times."

Dear me

Roy Hodgson says expectations placed on his team are unrealistic.

The Liverpool boss is calling for patience after another poor result at the weekend against Sunderland and he's hoping that fans will get behind him.

Roy said: "The expectations being placed on the team are ones they will find very hard to live up to until they bed in as a team.

"It's more a case of using certain players in certain positions in certain games to get them to the position I want.

"It's them finding their legs as Liverpool players and me finding where best to use them, but we are going to see a very tight league this year.

"The understanding will of course only come from games, and we're all coming to terms with the expectations.

"Everything is still very new, a lot of new players, some uncertainty about the ownership, but the moment we're not flying people say it's not good enough.

"I'm not saying it is, but that maybe it's something that could have been predicted.

"We can't do more than we're doing and we have probably the most passionate and interested fans in the world. I have a lot of faith in those fans and they know how difficult it can be at times."

Dear me

3 new players that would arguably start in a game together.

I shouldn't but the man gives me no option:

"I couldn't give a monkey's whether we're 16th or 18th at the moment."

"It is insulting to suggest that because you move to a new club, your methods suddenly don't work when they've held you in good stead for 35 years and made you one of the most respected coaches in Europe"

"I knew Manchester United and Manchester City were going to be tough games. I knew Arsenal with 10 men was going to be a tough game, so maybe six points isn't so bad at all. We are averaging two points from the other three.' "

He should hire a PR-fella. Seriously.